whats black friday another scam

opalred

The idea is you get huge discounts on products. Not a scam unless it suckers you into buying something you don't need just because it's 'on sale' - in which case you just didn't have discipline.

You could tactically wait for this day to buy something large that you already wanted but weren't in a rush to buy, and scam the companies.

Here's what I've found on Black Friday, and none of them are scams:

--3 months subscription to Spotify premium (ad-free, high bit rate) music streaming service for 99 cents total (for any account that previously has not had their paid service. Via the Spotify website.

--$35 Kindle Fire 7 in wifi tablet for the wife to watch Amazon Prime Instant Video. Via Amazon.

--half off regular subscription prices to various VPN providers' annual service plans. Ck their websites.

--NewEgg.com today selling the Obihai 200 VOIP phone adapter to allow you to use Google Voice as a home phone service with a standard plug in phone for $29 with Discount code EMCKKNV68.

And more.... It's been a good time to go shopping, without spending a lot of money.

I believe Amazon was also selling the unlocked Nexus 6 smartphone for $199, but that sold out fast and that price is no longer available, AFAIK.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

you get cheap products, they get your money.

just another day to get the poor even poorer....and the rich even richer...

i built everything i own......i even rent books from the library!!! free...

and walk...

and i use my own satellite for wifi....

don't fall for the materialistic way of life!!!! your soul will pay!!!! buddha not happy!!!! your mind is controlled!!!! money gone!!!!

gotta go....text from my twitter account about new iphone made from diamonds with bose speakers......MUST HAVE...

coffee1.gif

I never shop on Fridays so for me it doesnt matter if it's a black day or not. And why call it Black Friday ? A Pink Friday and I might consider it.

Edited by balo

The idea is you get huge discounts on products. Not a scam unless it suckers you into buying something you don't need just because it's 'on sale' - in which case you just didn't have discipline.

Exactly. Err..does anybody want to buy a matching pair of llamas? Cheap to a good home.

whistling.gif There is a saying that as long as gullible American consumers spend money they don't have yet and didn't really earn (as by using a Credit card) to buy things they really don't need anyway, the American and world economy will continue to grow.

That is probably a little to cynical, but I think it is essentially true.

Anyhow, on "Black Friday" in the U.S.it is one of biggest retail sales days of the year for stores every year in the U.S.

Even though I am an American I have never been there for a "Black Friday" sale and don't plan to be anytime soon either.

The Great Consumption Swindle provides one more "excuse" for people to spend money on tat they don't need.

Save up the shrapnel from your 3 part-time Mcjobs and get thee to the mall to help keep the global central banks' plates spinning and the Western hegemony's house of cards standing.

The Big Bust is imminent

Here's what I've found on Black Friday, and none of them are scams:

--3 months subscription to Spotify premium (ad-free, high bit rate) music streaming service for 99 cents total (for any account that previously has not had their paid service. Via the Spotify website.

--$35 Kindle Fire 7 in wifi tablet for the wife to watch Amazon Prime Instant Video. Via Amazon.

--half off regular subscription prices to various VPN providers' annual service plans. Ck their websites.

--NewEgg.com today selling the Obihai 200 VOIP phone adapter to allow you to use Google Voice as a home phone service with a standard plug in phone for $29 with Discount code EMCKKNV68.

And more.... It's been a good time to go shopping, without spending a lot of money.

I believe Amazon was also selling the unlocked Nexus 6 smartphone for $199, but that sold out fast and that price is no longer available, AFAIK.

<deleted>

If you don't like American retailing or think the world is over-commercialized and want to poo-poo Black Friday, that's fine.

But regardless, expats in Thailand routinely use VPN services for their internet, they listen to streaming music, they make VOIP phone calls and they use Android tablets for all kinds of things, among other purchases that people routinely use in their everyday lives.

So, if you can take advantage of a hyped sale event to get seriously reduced prices on things you already use and otherwise would buy anyway, you'd be a fool to not take advantage of the opportunity.

<deleted>

you get cheap products, they get your money.

just another day to get the poor even poorer....and the rich even richer...

i built everything i own......i even rent books from the library!!! free...

and walk...

and i use my own satellite for wifi....

don't fall for the materialistic way of life!!!! your soul will pay!!!! buddha not happy!!!! your mind is controlled!!!! money gone!!!!

gotta go....text from my twitter account about new iphone made from diamonds with bose speakers......MUST HAVE...

coffee1.gif

you built the computer you own? You must be good at soldering.

It's a game for the rich to watch how petty peasants like us fight and wrestle one another over Chinese made products.

Just like in Roman times.

It didn't end well for the Roman empire....both the Christian religion and the German immigrants broke their neck. Roman empire was never defeated, but couldn't finance itself (and the army). After they fall a dark age came .......This time it isn't the Germans and the Christians but else it looks very similar.

Amazing the play an American sales day gets in Thailand. You would think some of the posters are not living in Thailand.

Maybe because all the big shopping malls in Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket have Black Friday sale so you can't avoid noticing it ?

Its just another American marketing scam , Like Mothers day fathers day halloween,

You obviously don't understand the Americans' place in the world economy.

It's not easy being the consumers of the world, working 2 jobs and going into perpetual hock so we can pay for the imported crap that keeps the world economy afloat.

But someone's gotta do it.

Whenever some foreign country announces GDP growth, that's us.

You're welcome.

Exactly. Err..does anybody want to buy a matching pair of llamas? Cheap to a good home.

Are they the spitting llamas,or just ordinary?

http://www.bing.com/search?pc=COSP&ptag=D102515-ABB8A6EC868&form=CONBDF&conlogo=CT3334484&q=spitting+llamass

Maybe that's the reason California is always on the brink of bankruptcy.

Strongest economy in the US?

Lending abroad to pay federal employees.

Your place is well defined.

Loaning cash from China to buy their stuff.

I own my soul to the company store.