Duty Free Question

opalhort

I'll be flying in 10 days from BKK to Frankfurt on Emirates via Dubai (3 hrs transit time).

To buy some whisky along the way, where is the best (cheapest) place to buy?

BKK, DXB, FRA or on board the plane?

opalhort

I'll be flying in 10 days from BKK to Frankfurt on Emirates via Dubai (3 hrs transit time).

To buy some whisky along the way, where is the best (cheapest) place to buy?

BKK, DXB, FRA or on board the plane?

opalhort

ANY SUPERMARKET BEFORE YOU GET TO AIRPORT.

Under no circumstances buy liquor at BKK airport. It is expensive and IMHO not quite the same as whisky you can buy in DUBAI.

In Dubai there is a massive selection of whisky, priced in UAE Dirhams/US $ it is cheap compared to western prices and the real thing, not some sad copy from Manila.

If your personal limit is one litre, then contemplate purchasing one of the finer single malts. They represent excellent value for money, and is more imaginative than opting for a 9 US$ litre of Johnny Red.

I bought 1 litre of Glenmorangie for 16 US$.

:o

Under no circumstances buy liquor at BKK airport. It is expensive and IMHO not quite the same as whisky you can buy in DUBAI.

In Dubai there is a massive selection of whisky, priced in UAE Dirhams/US $ it is cheap compared to western prices and the real thing, not some sad copy from Manila.

If your personal limit is one litre, then contemplate purchasing one of the finer single malts. They represent excellent value for money, and is more imaginative than opting for a 9 US$ litre of Johnny Red.

I bought 1 litre of Glenmorangie for 16 US$.

:o

Thanks for all your replies.

My guys in Germany want a single malt anyway so a Glenmorangie (also my favorite) it will be on the way out and one for me on the way back 8 days later.

opalhort