Want to Cancel my AIS Account.

NoshowJones

I have an AIS account where I pay about 100 every month for 20 hrs internet. I now want to cancel this.

Will it be easy for me to go to my nearest AIS shop and just cancel without losing my phone number?

I was told if I wanted to use a different provider, I will not be able to keep my phone number. Thanks.

Answer: Just go to the next AIS service point and the nice staff can help you.

Yes you can switch carriers and keep your same number as years ago, I switch from 1 to call by AIS to True and I was able to keep my mobile number.

Just make sure that AIS has a current ID from you, then go to another provider and tell them that you want to transfer your number. It might take 3 to 5 days for the transfer to be activated, but you still be with you current provider until the transfer is complete.

• Like 1

You can keep AIS and just cancel the re-occurring Internet Data

Or you an use MNP to move your number to another mobile carrier

Q What is MNP (Mobile Number Portability)?

A This service allows users to change carriers without losing their current number. To put it simply, you can stick with your number though you move to other carriers.

I recently closed my post paid telephone account with AIS after the signal in our village basically severely deteriorated. I had been with them for several years.

I first visited True and explained that I wished to switch my provider to them and keep my existing number. After completing the opening of account paperwork they then told me to go tell AIS that I was closing my account and transferring my mobile number. AIS closed the account there and then and sent me a bill for the outstanding balance a week later.

After completing closing of account I went back to True and informed them that I had completed their instruction with AIS. True then gave me a new sim card with my existing AIS number and said it would take up to 48 hrs to complete and initiate the sim. After only one day I received a True sms informing me that the card was now active.

This all took place only 2 weeks ago - hope this helps.

• Like 1

A This service allows users to change carriers without losing their current number. To put it simply, you can stick with your number though you move to other carriers.

I'm not sure if I want to stay with AIS, I have been with them for years, but now I want to try another carrier.

When I top up with AIS it last for about a year, but my other phone is also with AIS, although no internet and a 100 Bt top up only lasts a few weeks. I want to avoid that.

• Haha 1

I recently closed my post paid telephone account with AIS after the signal in our village basically severely deteriorated. I had been with them for several years.

I first visited True and explained that I wished to switch my provider to them and keep my existing number. After completing the opening of account paperwork they then told me to go tell AIS that I was closing my account and transferring my mobile number. AIS closed the account there and then and sent me a bill for the outstanding balance a week later.

After completing closing of account I went back to True and informed them that I had completed their instruction with AIS. True then gave me a new sim card with my existing AIS number and said it would take up to 48 hrs to complete and initiate the sim. After only one day I received a True sms informing me that the card was now active.

This all took place only 2 weeks ago - hope this helps.

That's great thanks.

As long as you don't have a contract and assuming you don't mind staying with AIS to make calls and text, just tell them you no longer want a data plan and to deactivate data on your phone. You can also do it yourself via *129* 1#. Here's the details: http://www.ais.co.th/roaming/3g-postpaid/close-open-data.aspx?language=en

Thanks very much, I just did that, this being Thailand, I thought there might have been some hassle.

I also used to use the 100 baht a month for 20 hours of internet ( good value but bloody slow! ) I went to the AIS shop and one of the lovely ladies deactivated mine in about 2 mins.But as mentioned above you can do it yourself.

F.J x

I also used to use the 100 baht a month for 20 hours of internet ( good value but bloody slow! ) I went to the AIS shop and one of the lovely ladies deactivated mine in about 2 mins.But as mentioned above you can do it yourself.

F.J x

Thanks Canary Sun. Nice to see you posting again.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I want to stay with AIS, I have been with them for years, but now I want to try another carrier.

When I top up with AIS it last for about a year, but my other phone is also with AIS, although no internet and a 100 Bt top up only lasts a few weeks. I want to avoid that.

If you decide to stay with AIS you can manage the account yourself. Just go to the service webpage

https://aiseservice.ais.co.th/eServiceWeb/

and there you can change to whatever package you want.

Select 'One Number for Promotion' and then 'Change Main Package'

If you decide to stay with AIS you can manage the account yourself. Just go to the service webpage

https://aiseservice.ais.co.th/eServiceWeb/

and there you can change to whatever package you want.

Select 'One Number for Promotion' and then 'Change Main Package'

Thanks very much Sandy, that was a great help.

Thanks, I cancelled my internet with AIS, but they still took the monthly payment from my account.

I am now looking to change my provider, AIS are the only provider I have used in the ten years I have been in Thailand, but now they can stuff it.

As long as you don't have a contract and assuming you don't mind staying with AIS to make calls and text, just tell them you no longer want a data plan and to deactivate data on your phone. You can also do it yourself via *129* 1#. Here's the details: http://www.ais.co.th/roaming/3g-postpaid/close-open-data.aspx?language=en

Thanks very much, I just did that, this being Thailand, I thought there might have been some hassle.

I deactivated my account, but they still took my money, I should have known nothing is ever simple in Thailand.

I used *129*1#, but the b@stards still took my money.

Yes, they took your money because you are still SUBSCRIBED to the reoccurring Data Internet add-on package.

*129*1# just turns DATA OFF, ostensibly so it isn't wasted for when you want to use the service later. It DOESN'T unsubscribe you.

Call AIS, tell them you don't use Internet Data and don't want to be subscribed to any add-on data packages.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

<potentially libelous statement removed>

they WILL not transfer number to Line Mobile! They keep asking for more mo ey and aaid i have to keep smsing and putting in codes etc etc... its been done multiple times. i already have the Line Mobile aim with my number and i cant useit because AIS will not transfer my number!!

ita worse. i have multi sims. one in my laptop one in my phone and one in a watch. they cancelled one near a year ago and have been charging me and refuse to pay this money back or the money i paid to cancel my postpaid service with them.

i have spent a fortune with AIS. i have the most expensive plans and this is the service i get.

They are unable to be trusted and have juat had a class action suit with over charging.

Cant trust them...

Edited by Crossy
Removed libelous statement

On Fri Jun 29 2018 at 3:49 PM, bsdthai said:

have to keep smsing and putting in codes etc etc... its been done multiple times

I also tried to transfer to Line Mobile and AIS gave me a transfer code which was valid for 6 hours.

Edited by somchaismith

Just thought I'd let you know of my daughter's experience as she is currently in the process of transferring her number from True Move to Line Mobile.   This started a couple of days ago.

The first thing Line told her was they can't transfer the number until the number is free, which means there is no money owed on that number, so she paid off her current True bill a bit early.   After she paid off True and told them she was cancelling, she got the transfer code from them, which she said was also good for 6 hours, and signed up with Line Mobile.  As with you, Line pretty much immediately charged her debit card.  They told her she would be getting a new SIM card in the mail in 3 to 4 days, which she hopes will be on Tuesday.  Until then, she is still using her phone with True, and was was told by them that when she gets the Line Mobile SIM card and installs it and uses it for the first time, that is when her True account will be automatically cancelled and she will be billed one more time for however many days she used in her billing cycle for up to that day.

• Like 1

I too received the sim but the process was rejected due to an expired transfer code. Line Mobile said the process would have to start again from scratch with my credit card again being billed for a further amount equivalant to the price of the chosen package.

The experience dealing with both companies was similar to dealing with Air Asia.

On 11/28/2015 at 4:34 PM, possum1931 said:

A 100 baht top up only lasts a few weeks? I wish 100 baht would last weeks.