Unsafe at work: Thai experts sound the alarm on Mental Health Day

3. 53

Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

4. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

5. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

6. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

7. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

8. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

9. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

10. 563

White Culture

11. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

12. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

13. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

14. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

Bangkok Bang Accident Insurance.

Not sure what specific Bangkok Bank accident insurance you are referring to and they have various ones like their Personal Accident 1st Insurance with 4 levels/premiums...plan 2 has a yearly premium of Bt2,080.

I seriously doubt any work permit is required...I don't see any mention of needing one...just your passport serving as your ID is needed. Heck, accident insurance is included with some debit cards when a person opens a bank account (with no work permit). Pretty easy to get accident insurance unless your profession is considered dangerous like a fireman, policeman, laborer, miner, builder, fisherman, etc.

More info at the Bangkok Bank Bancassurance webpage (in English or Thai)

Not sure what specific Bangkok Bank accident insurance you are referring to and they have various ones like their Personal Accident 1st Insurance with 4 levels/premiums...plan 2 has a yearly premium of Bt2,080.

I seriously doubt any work permit is required...I don't see any mention of needing one...just your passport serving as your ID is needed. Heck, accident insurance is included with some debit cards when a person opens a bank account (with no work permit). Pretty easy to get accident insurance unless your profession is considered dangerous like a fireman, policeman, laborer, miner, builder, fisherman, etc.

More info at the Bangkok Bank Bancassurance webpage (in English or Thai)

Thanks Pib. I have accounts with both Bangkok Bank and Kasikorn, and I have read recently on Thaivisa that Kasikorn require you to have

a work permit if you want their accident insurance.

I also read that Bangkok Bank had accident insurance which cost around 2000 Bt, and it also included motorcycle accidents.

Anything is possible especially in Thailand...haven't seen those ThaiVisa posts your mention. Maybe the posts were really talking opening a bank account and getting a debit card which came with accident insurance and the bank was really asking for a work permit in order to open the bank account which would then resulted in getting the debit card with accident insurance.

Best just to ask Bangkok Bank. Good luck.

re

I also read that Bangkok Bank had accident insurance which cost around 2000 Bt, and it also included motorcycle accidents.

i should check on that

i bought the two thousand odd baht policy twice but someone told me it didnt cover old farts over 55 ish

and they were right :(

when i asked a little lovely to read / explain what it said i wasnt covered coz i was 62 then :(

which pizzed me off a bit as i asked them did it cover motorbike accidents for me both years and she said with a straight face .. yes !

post-42592-0-45484800-1448800558_thumb.j

I would never, ever sign up for an insurance policy in Thailand unless a copy of the policy is provided in English also (since i can't read Thai). So far the only insurance I have issued in Thailand is my auto insurance with LMG and they provide a English translation of their policy.

Bangkok bank personal accident insurance, 30k per accident

Kasikorn Personal accident insurance, 50k per accident

Same premium.

I just switched, 50k for the same price.

Not top mention Bangkok Insurance company 100k, for a slightly increased price of 3k.

No work permits or accounts required.

@Dave2

Pa 1st Senior doesn't cover m/c accidents (age 50-100)

Pa 1st Smart does cover m/c accidents (age 16-65)

Which insurance did you have?

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/BuildYourWealth/Bancassurance/NonLifeInsurance/Pages/PA1st.aspx

Edited by MaeJoMTB

re

@Dave2
Pa 1st Senior doesn't cover m/c accidents (age 50-100)
Pa 1st Smart does cover m/c accidents (age 16-65)
Which insurance did you have?

ive no idea

but they sold me insurance twice knowing that it didnt cover me

at 62 when i told them motorcycle accident cover was the most important thing that i wanted

i never went back !

dave2

ps ... im now 67 and self insure ... if i come a cropper ... i pay :(

post-42592-0-96951600-1448848315_thumb.j