Repaint old car. Any cost ideas in CM?

jobin

Be aware that if you change the colour of your car to a new colour, you need to have your records adjusted at the Land Transport Department and you should have a valid reason for doing so. A friend of mine had to jump through all the loops and he vowed he would never do it again.

thumbsup.gif

Easy: "My fortune teller told me I had to"

:D

Be aware that if you change the colour of your car to a new colour, you need to have your records adjusted at the Land Transport Department and you should have a valid reason for doing so. A friend of mine had to jump through all the loops and he vowed he would never do it again.

thumbsup.gif

You just take the bill from a paintshop (the biggest loop if you've painted it yourselfwink.png ) the vehicle, blue book to DLT pay under 100baht and it's done perhaps your friend is a drama queenlaugh.png .

I had an old car resprayed in CM last year and they did an excellent job for 11,000 baht. I had other places say as much as 35k for the same car, but the place I went in the end came by personal recommendation.

I expected it to look like a cheap job, but really it came back looking like a brand new car. That was for a full respray in the same colour (metallic blue).

A year later it still looks the same.

The spray shop looks terrible, cars and bits of cars all over the place and it looks messy, and they took longer than they said they would, but the price was good and the finish was excellent.

If you turn off the superhighway at Tesco Lotus Khamtieng heading towards town, pass the traffic lights and you come to a large piece of wate ground in the left where burmese workers hang around, turn left immediately before the waste ground and the paint shop is on your right as you go down that road.. can't miss it. It looks terrible, they do not speak much english and they will take twice as long as they say they will... but they are cheap and for an old car you will be very happy.

thumbsup.gif

Took me about 10 minutes to inform the land department of the change. I think it costed me around 2-300 Baht as well..