What would you do? Caddy and rules Q

jobin

I did replace the ball and putt out. Experience is the best teacher and i'll be more careful/observant in the future regarding the caddy, the ball and the rules.

I almost always tip the same amount, whether i consider caddy excellent, good or bad. I figure it's a day's job and why penalize someone for a service i did not really want. If i make a natural birdie i toss her 20 baht.

A hole-in-one would get her 1000 baht, other caddies in the group 300 each.

I did replace the ball and putt out. Experience is the best teacher and i'll be more careful/observant in the future regarding the caddy, the ball and the rules.

I almost always tip the same amount, whether i consider caddy excellent, good or bad. I figure it's a day's job and why penalize someone for a service i did not really want. If i make a natural birdie i toss her 20 baht.

Sorry, can't agree with this. You are not improving caddies with that approach.

So you are willing to pay the same amount for a good caddie as you are for a caddie who doesn't rake bunkers, is yakking on her mobile to her friends, moves or talks while you are hitting, or trails behind you when moving to your ball? Come on. In your working life, were you given to rewarding incompetence?

If i make a natural birdie i toss her 20 baht.

I don't see the point of all that. We already have to give them 350 caddy fee + approx 300 tip for something I don't need or want. Although i do make the most of it.

My minimum tip is 200, max 300, most get 300. But if they deserve less than 300 give less.

Why are caddies so well paid ?

I don't like to have a caddie but at most courses have no option . One of my local courses it is 150 baht for the green fees and 180 for caddie fee , then I buy the caddie a drink and give the tip at the end.

What originally starts at 150 baht for a game ends up being 600 all because of a caddie I don't want !

I sympathise with the original post because I've had caddies do the same , I've chipped from off the green and before I've had chance to mark the ball theyve picked it up and said give me so they can get back on the telephone quicker

Sorry Jobin but how can u blame a caddy for this. If you are playing in a tournament format ( no gimmess) why would you not be marking & replacing the ball yourself. If it is that important to post about it surely you would realise that it is your responsibility These girls / guys are not caddies they are bag toters. Personally I enjoy having them there but all they have to do is keep up & be pleasant . I will mark my own ball , repair my pitch marks & rack the bunker as I was taught to do when I started playing golf.

Learn a lesson from what happened .

My view is all golfers should boycott playing golf in Thailand until they make caddies voluntary.

Your view on caddies has been mentioned a number of times before - but are you still playing in Thailand? IE do you have the courage of your convictions..............

Irrespective unless I could rely on my playing partners, due to my eyesight, I would now need a caddy as half the time I am not sure exactly where the ball has gone................whistling.gif

Sorry, can't agree with this. You are not improving caddies with that approach.

So you are willing to pay the same amount for a good caddie as you are for a caddie who doesn't rake bunkers, is yakking on her mobile to her friends, moves or talks while you are hitting, or trails behind you when moving to your ball? Come on. In your working life, were you given to rewarding incompetence?

For me best reply in the thread. To many players (especially those on holiday/short breaks) overly reward poor performance which teaches the cadiies nothing and is not going to help improve standards. But at the end of the day it is their money so up to them......unfortunately sad.png

I don't like to have a caddie but at most courses have no option . One of my local courses it is 150 baht for the green fees and 180 for caddie fee , then I buy the caddie a drink and give the tip at the end.

What originally starts at 150 baht for a game ends up being 600 all because of a caddie I don't want !

I sympathise with the original post because I've had caddies do the same , I've chipped from off the green and before I've had chance to mark the ball theyve picked it up and said give me so they can get back on the telephone quicker

Most can only dream of those sort of prices. To be fair to caddies at the courses around Pattaya they almost always automatically mark even if 6 inches away and will always ask before picking up - too many groups putt out everything so I think they actually do learn sometimes............

Your view on caddies has been mentioned a number of times before - but are you still playing in Thailand? IE do you have the courage of your convictions..............

One person boycotting is pointless obviously, so all the groups would need to get together, PSC, IPGC, Korean golfers, members, etc. Maybe you can kick off? you seem generally outspoken. I'll leave it with you.

Most can only dream of those sort of prices. To be fair to caddies at the courses around Pattaya they almost always automatically mark even if 6 inches away and will always ask before picking up - too many groups putt out everything so I think they actually do learn sometimes............

I'm on holiday in Bang Saray at the moment and played the fleet navy course near Sattahip for a total price of ...140 baht ! No caddies here so it's a great value course. ( my friend has a book of tickets , 50 for 6000 baht )

2 x 9 holes = 120 baht and 20 baht to hire trolley !

I'm on holiday in Bang Saray at the moment and played the fleet navy course near Sattahip for a total price of ...140 baht ! No caddies here so it's a great value course. ( my friend has a book of tickets , 50 for 6000 baht )

Have you got the address? or link from google maps?

Have you got the address? or link from google maps?

If you travel towards Sattahip from pattaya on sukomvit the road veers sharp left at Sattahip , I think it's about 3 sets of traffic lights along you turn right into the naval area. There is a white lighthouse on the entrance to the base.

On entering you have to hand in your drivers license for a pass , then drive about 1 k to the t junction at the sea.turn left and about 1 k the course is on your left