Short Term Studio Needed in January (or a great hotel in alternative)

canerandagio

All,

My first post in many years, and it may be the first of a long series, as I have turned 50 and retirement visa may appear soon in my passport.

So, allow me to introduce myself. My nick means stray dog, I am a stray who has travelled to Thailand since 1982, in all disguises, backpacker, 5 star tourist, business, study, work, honeymoon, you name it.

My problem statement...: my job is flexible enough to let me work from Bangkok for a few weeks every quarter. Basically I work from my room, using the internet for video conferencing with senior managers. Internet needs to be high-speed and reliable.

I have done this a few times, and found that the President Palace Hotel in Sukhumvit Soi 11 was just perfect... Good internet connection, large rooms for only 2000/day, centrally located with food and shops 24/7, near BTS, anonymous enough to do what I please, Starbucks in the lobby... but now it's all gone... on 10th December this little wonder of a hotel will shut down and will reopen renovated in 2017 probably...

So... where can I go for my upcoming visit in January?

Options:

1 - Nana Hotel, anonymous certainly, great location, cheap, but wifi is a problem there and if I don't want to risk being caught unable to work without internet, not even once...

2 - Condo nearby: I tried airbnb, but still haven't found what I want... and I am not getting the same feeling as a hotel (maybe it's because they are cheaper?)

3 - Hotel nearby: I had a look at few, but they seem to be significantly more expensive (I pay 2000-2500 max per day) and not as large rooms as I am used to, or not located where the action is.

Can anyone help suggesting a good hotel, with a good internet connection in lower sukhumvit for my budget?

Or is there anyone who has a studio to rent out for 3-4 weeks?

Cheers,

canerandagio