Phuket high-end properties bounce back, at twice the price

webfact

Phuket high-end properties bounce back, at twice the price
The Phuket News

1448699250_1-org.jpg
MontAzure’s The Estate is among the uber ‘super prime’ property developments that have returned to Phuket. Image: MontAzure

PHUKET: -- Prices of new “super prime” properties launched in Phuket this year show an increase of 120 per cent compared with similar ultra-high-end properties launched between 2007 and 2011, reports Knight Frank (Thailand).

Selling prices of new super prime projects in Phuket launched in 2015 range from US$7.5 million (more than B269.5 million) to US$15 million (more than B539 million) a unit, explained Risinee Sarikaputra, Knight Frank Thailand’s Director of Research and Consultancy.

The resale price of super prime properties in Phuket has risen to US$20 million a unit this year, she added.

According to Knight Frank Thailand Research, no new super prime projects in Phuket were launched between 2012 and 2014. However, the selling price of the super prime projects, launched between 2007 and 2011 and available for sale in 2014, were sold from US$3 million (B107.8 million) to US$7 million (B251.5 million) per unit.

“The majority of super prime project buyers in Phuket are expatriates based in Asia, particularly in Hong Kong, Singapore and Shanghai,” Ms Risinee noted.

“For the most part, these buyers have lived and worked in the region for a number of years and tend to know Phuket well by having spent holidays on the island,” she explained.

“The emerging buyers are Australians, French and Canadians, as well as Asian travellers. Buyers acquire super prime properties as their second home, holiday place or retirement residence. They are most often owners of a property elsewhere, and in many instances, they own two or more properties throughout the region and world.”

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-high-end-properties-bounce-back-at-twice-the-price-55173.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-11-30

15-20 million dollars for one lousy timber house? In Thailand? Can you you legally own it and put your name on the deed.?

The above photo shows some knock up shacks right at the foot of a pristine mountain. Is that legal?

What about the Krom Ti Din? No problem??????

Any rich Thais queing up to buy this junk? No way. Theyre all overseas buying real property in Australia,USA and Europe.

15-20 million dollars for one lousy timber house? In Thailand? Can you you legally own it and put your name on the deed.?

The above photo shows some knock up shacks right at the foot of a pristine mountain. Is that legal?

Any rich Thais queing up to buy this junk? No way. Theyre all overseas buying real property in Australia,USA and Europe.

now do you feel better after your tantrum?

Has it made you feel better to say that people who chose luxury houses in phuket are idiots?

Do you feel more accomplished now that you've made fun of successful people?

Edited by bearpolar

now do you feel better after your tantrum?

Has it made you feel better to say that people who chose luxury houses in phuket are idiots?

Do you feel more accomplished now that you've made fun of successful people?

Seems to be a plentiful use of the various forms of the word "you". Rebutting an dismantling the post with verifiable facts or opposing views is often more effective than attacking the person.

I read Jal's posting, and while I may not agree with some of it, I would hardly describe it as a tantrum. I Re-read his post and couldn't find any reference to his having called anyone an idiot. I also can't see where he has made fun of anyone's success.

What, where, when and how people spend their money is their business. I wish them luck and happiness.

Just yesterday I talked to a guy who works for one of the biggest real estate agencies on Phuket island,he said that last year it was a very good year for selling properties but this year it has been really terrible,one of the worst ever.The type of people who buy the expensive properties most likely won't have to beg for a visa,(like many of us),at immigration,but I am sure that they are not impressed with the way things are made increasingly difficult for foreigners,it doesn't exactly inspire confidence.