Taxi gang robs passengers, sexually assaults pregnant woman

webfact

Taxi gang robs passengers, sexually assaults pregnant woman
By Coconuts Bangkok

taxis_4.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police yesterday arrested three taxi drivers who robbed a Myanmar couple and sexually assaulted the woman on Saturday morning.

The victims, identified by police as Tan Su Oon, 30, and Ei Ei Mun, 26, said they had taken a bus from Mae Sot district in Tak province to Major Cineplex Rangsit where they caught a green and yellow taxi to go to work in Samut Prakan province outside Bangkok.

The victims said their driver, later identified as Sarawuth Lopuay, 30, kept circling around the area and talking on his phone before he stopped to pick up two friends, also taxi drivers, along the way.

When the car reached an isolated location on Chiang Rak road, the three men forced Tan Su Oon out of the vehicle and beat him, taking his mobile phone and THB500 cash.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/11/30/taxi-gang-robbed-passengers-sexually-assaulted-pregnant-woman

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-11-30

come on BIB, do your job and cover this up. it is on the web now. what will the tourists think?

i am surprised these Myanmar people are allowed to make trouble like this. they don't understand Thailand.

its only a beating, 500 baht and one of those cheap phones.

and why was she pregnant? didn't she know she was going to be beaten?

what the hell is going on?

If the assult of the lady is true, another article written yesterday, said she was released unharmed, the proper punishment

would be to turn them over to a group of ladies who have had similar encounters. Do this one at a time and allow video to be made

to be used as seen fit by the ladies.

The absolute filth of some people, the poor girl now has to contend with what happened to her , plus what she and her unborn child have been exposed to, and the memories that she and her family will live with.

come on BIB, do your job and cover this up. it is on the web now. what will the tourists think?

i am surprised these Myanmar people are allowed to make trouble like this. they don't understand Thailand.

Masterful sarcasm! Unfortunately, Thais have no sense for it. If you want to successfully bring a point across, you must use imbecile slapstick comedy accompanied by assorted hoots, whistles , boings and drum rolls.

Wow.....

I worked in Iraq in 2003. It was hot. The poor Iraqi people were selling their wifes for short time for an orange or a pack of cigerettes. Now, here, in a country that is not War Torn behaving like the Japanese when they occupied in the 40's.

Am I too old? When a country ceases to be a country. And the norm is chaos. You, Me, I, Us are victims. Please god, Vietnam War now becomes the norm.

The Future: Gold will hit 17,000 or less. Phuket will be only Chinese. Pattaya will have a sell off and property will be picked up by big business.

Chess Question: Why is the Ritz going to Koh Samui?

When I first read this story the other day, I was pretty sure the woman

had been sexually assaulted. Why else would they have taken her ???

Interesting the news media did not report on that, maybe they wanted

to release bad news in stages....... So with a bad taxi story like this one,

guess next week there will be another good taxi story about some driver

that returned a million baht left in the taxi....... I am always amazed to

read of rape stories in Thailand. With cheap sex available everywhere,

why would a guy risk years in jail to rape a woman ?? Strange......

Why, absolutely nothing between the ears.

It is ultimately the womans fault. She should not have been wearing clothes that would excite a Thai man. And her bf should have been holding on to her to show his manliness. When will foreigners learn that they need to look like Muslims covering themselves completely and if a man is with them he needs to be able to show strength. Poor taxi drivers just can't help themselves when a woman (any woman) makes them aroused. Those burmy need to be out of Thailand for sure. ( sarcasm at its best)

I think the issue here is that the girl probably avoided telling her partner that she had been raped because he didn't want him to lose face.

Have any of these cab drivers ever worked on Koh Tao?

Something to take CAREFUL note of here is that this was premeditated...the cabbie circled round and called his friends to join him...

The friends had prior knowledge of the plan...and so it had been already previously discussed with them...You don't just call a friend out of the blue and say hey, I have two people in my cab, stop what your doing right now and come and meet up with me, we can beat the guy and rape the girl...

Or perhaps, this is not the first time they have done this...a phone call was all that was required because they already knew the game plan...

An all time low...

Where else in the world would a husband travelling to work in a cab with his pregnant wife, be at risk of assault and pack rape by their driver and his friends?

And what about the apartment where the poor girl was raped. A thai apartment, in Bangkok, with dozens of people coming and going, no one saw three Thai cabbies rough handling a tiny girl out of a car and up the stairs...no one...?

Edited by Bulldozer Dawn

because rape is not about sex

not strange in the least. what is strange is how a so called western educated poster (assuming beyond 6th grade) believes rape is about enjoying sex and the same could be accomplished in a P4P setting.

take a moment and study rape online and get some perspective.

Wow.....

I worked in Iraq in 2003. It was hot. The poor Iraqi people were selling their wifes for short time for an orange or a pack of cigerettes. Now, here, in a country that is not War Torn behaving like the Japanese when they occupied in the 40's.

Am I too old? When a country ceases to be a country. And the norm is chaos. You, Me, I, Us are victims. Please god, Vietnam War now becomes the norm.

The Future: Gold will hit 17,000 or less. Phuket will be only Chinese. Pattaya will have a sell off and property will be picked up by big business.

Chess Question: Why is the Ritz going to Koh Samui?

Sorry to say but; I guess you spent to many days in the Iraqi sun. I don't understand what you are talking about. Re: Cigerettes. Did they give one to the wife after she had sex with your friends ?

Yep, the prior news reports on this said the women had been released "unharmed." Wonder how exactly they define "unharmed."

If the assult of the lady is true, another article written yesterday, said she was released unharmed, the proper punishment

would be to turn them over to a group of ladies who have had similar encounters. Do this one at a time and allow video to be made

to be used as seen fit by the ladies.

The absolute filth of some people, the poor girl now has to contend with what happened to her , plus what she and her unborn child have been exposed to, and the memories that she and her family will live with.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel after it has been scraped already. Lowest of the low. These guys need to be taken to a room full of women who are victems of sexual assault. Let them take care of the punishment. There is a scene from Serpant and the Rainbow were a man is straped to a chair nude and a spike is driven through his scrotum. This would seem fitting for any man that assults a woman.

It is ultimately the womans fault. She should not have been wearing clothes that would excite a Thai man. And her bf should have been holding on to her to show his manliness. When will foreigners learn that they need to look like Muslims covering themselves completely and if a man is with them he needs to be able to show strength. Poor taxi drivers just can't help themselves when a woman (any woman) makes them aroused. Those burmy need to be out of Thailand for sure. ( sarcasm at its best)

Issuing Concealed Carry Permits could mitigate some of that stupidity. But...that's just the American in me talking out loud.

Something to take CAREFUL note of here is that this was premeditated...the cabbie circled round and called his friends to join him...

The friends had prior knowledge of the plan...and so it had been already previously discussed with them...You don't just call a friend out of the blue and say hey, I have two people in my cab, stop what your doing right now and come and meet up with me, we can beat the guy and rape the girl...

Or perhaps, this is not the first time they have done this...a phone call was all that was required because they already knew the game plan...

An all time low...

Where else in the world would a husband travelling to work in a cab with his pregnant wife, be at risk of assault and pack rape by their driver and his friends?

And what about the apartment where the poor girl was raped. A thai apartment, in Bangkok, with dozens of people coming and going, no one saw three Thai cabbies rough handling a tiny girl out of a car and up the stairs...no one...?

Kidnapping, rape, assault and battery, robbery. I wonder what sort of criminal sanctions the justice system hands out for doing that with premeditation. A couple of years in jail and a slap on the wrist. But we'll never know. Unless the crime was committed by some Hi-So, snot-nosed kid, you never hear about the outcomes of criminal trials. The news media only reports the crime, never the court proceeding or sentencing.