Solid wood furniture. Similar to Ikea in CM?

condo bought

Ikea is cheap, but can get solid wood furniture at reasonable prices.

I find that Homepro and Index are mainly laminated and not real wood.

I haven't lived or really been in CNX since 2006.

I would be after something like the HEMNES range at Ikea. Dark stained solid wood set, at affordable prices (about the same as Ikea).

hemnes-wardrobe-with-sliding-doors__0167hemnes-tv-bench__0311777_PE429503_S4.JPG

hemnes-bookcase__0216008_PE371422_S4.JPGhemnes-chest-of-drawers__0152704_PE31101

15k, 8k, 8k, 5.5k baht respectively for these.

Can anybody help with a store that has such things (Homepro and Index seem to be laminated/covered and not solid wood), or a market where such sets are sold.

Thanks very much.

Edited by condo bought

Platinum furniture mall.. SB furniture.. Etc all carry that kind of mass produced real wood stuff..

Not great value IMo.. 25k for a 2 door 35k for a 3 door (discounts apply) in SB, landlord just furnished a house and spent 150k or so and got very little and its not that great.

Real wood lower volume production in baan tawai, very variable quality but if you take your time you can find some solid stuff.

Edited by LivinLOS

Outside Big C Hang Dong, between the store and HomePro, there is a very pleasant young man selling solid wood furniture of a more hand made quality. We have bought cupboards from him when he was at a show at the Industrial Promotion Center near the railway station. The quality is good and the price is reasonable ( he will give discount if you ask)

I've used IKEA for some years, even went to BKK and bought a computer station, but it's all manufactured wood.

Sure, the quality is there, but the surface is not tolerant to water, sweat, etc.

If you're after solid wood, it's not going to be cheap.

My previous condo had furniture in it from Index, and it was certainly well built. worth looking at.

Ikea is cheap, but can get solid wood furniture at reasonable prices.

I find that Homepro and Index are mainly laminated and not real wood.

I haven't lived or really been in CNX since 2006.

I would be after something like the HEMNES range at Ikea. Dark stained solid wood set, at affordable prices (about the same as Ikea).

hemnes-wardrobe-with-sliding-doors__0167hemnes-tv-bench__0311777_PE429503_S4.JPG

hemnes-bookcase__0216008_PE371422_S4.JPGhemnes-chest-of-drawers__0152704_PE31101

15k, 8k, 8k, 5.5k baht respectively for these.

Can anybody help with a store that has such things (Homepro and Index seem to be laminated/covered and not solid wood), or a market where such sets are sold.

Thanks very much.

Think better off at Baan Tawai and have teak for about the same price either to keep or sell later....

If you go in across the street from the coffee shop by the atms I think on yhe 2nd soi in turn right then left when you get to the end → right there os a corner store that should have what you need....We also saw something close to what we wanted the but not quite.....We sketched it out with dimensions and within 3 days our was built and waiting for us.....As we pulled up to get it someone else was trying to buy it.....

We've bought more than a few things there....Solid teak of good quality that we can use/move forever without fear of it falling apart....

Think better off at Baan Tawai and have teak for about the same price either to keep or sell later....

If you go in across the street from the coffee shop by the atms I think on yhe 2nd soi in turn right then left when you get to the end → right there os a corner store that should have what you need...

Great, thanks.

Where about is Been Tawai?

It's almost a decade since I've been in CNX.

cheers.

If you go in across the street from the coffee shop by the atms I think on the 2nd soi in turn right then left when you get to the end → right there os a corner store that should have what you need...

Great, thanks.

Where about is Been Tawai?

It's almost a decade since I've been in CNX.

cheers.

Go "south" on 108 past Kad Farang (McDs there)....About 2k down the road goes to 2 lanes past Hang Dong open market.....Turn left at the next light and about 2k down is an arch - turn right at the 2ND arch and you are into the main body of Baan Tawai....The coffee shop and atms about 200-300 meters in on your right....

There's furniture places also along the road approaching the arches .....It would take a day to hit them all.....Several acres....

The first one I mentioned might be the easiest place to start, then check around to compare....Lot's of options.....

Edited by pgrahmm