should i have done a 90 day report?

Came to Thailand on a triple entry tourist visa, I did my last visa on 29th June 2015, then started the process to convert to a Non O visa based on retirement straight after that

Received my Non O visa on 18th August 2015 and did my first visa extension on the 20th Oct 2015

I am trying to work out when to do my 90 day report but i am confused when filling in the TM47 because it states I have now been here for 90 days

but, I have been here for MORE than 90 days since last leaving Thailand. Just realised the 90 days were up after being given my Non O visa but before obtaining my extension

Should i have done a 90 day report in September [ could NOT do a visa run because it was a single entry visa I was given ]

Is this going to cause a problem and is my next 90 day report due from the start of my extension?

• Like 1

• Your 90 day report is not due yet.

Your extension application was considered the first report.

The IO should have given you a date to report. It will be a slip in your passport or on a TM47 form given to you.

The next report is due 90 days from the date you applied for the extension. If you applied for the extension on Oct 20th then the report is due Jan 17th.

Edited by elviajero

This is a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway. I have a retirement extension and spent a couple of days in Cambodia recently, just before the 90 day report was due. I assumed that my re-entry into Thailand counted as a sort of 90 day report and that my next report is due 90 days after my re-entry into Thailand. The Immigration Officer didn't change the reporting date on the form stapled in my passport, but I think he just forget.

Is my assumption correct?

This is a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway. I have a retirement extension and spent a couple of days in Cambodia recently, just before the 90 day report was due. I assumed that my re-entry into Thailand counted as a sort of 90 day report and that my next report is due 90 days after my re-entry into Thailand. The Immigration Officer didn't change the reporting date on the form stapled in my passport, but I think he just forget.

You are correct. The 90 days resets to day 1 the day you re-enter the country.

• Like 1

The Immigration Officer didn't change the reporting date on the form stapled in my passport, but I think he just forget.

Your comment raises a couple of related questions I've had, perhaps for Ubonjoe or others:

(1) How often does Immigration rip out the 90-day notice (one stapled in the back of your passport) when one leaves the country? Steve indicates his remained whereas I've had the form taken out the last two times I took trips out of Thailand.

(2) Given Immigration for at least for some of us is removing the notices when we leave (and, yes, I understand my reporting period starts when I get back), is there going to be any problem for me when I do my 90-day address reporting by mail when I don't have the form? [i'd note that somewhere I have a photocopy of it and could, I suppose, print that out if necessary].

(I'm talking about CM Immigration although I don't think that makes any difference)

I must admit my 90 day report slip was left intact in my passport.

Immigration will know you left the Country and re-entered through their database.

If doing your next report by mail it's important you send a copy of the last 'Entry Stamp'.

In this situation it shouldn't be a problem.

You can always put a covering note in with the TM47 report.

Immigration will know you left the Country and re-entered through their database.

If doing your next report by mail it's important you send a copy of the last 'Entry Stamp'.

Rare that airport or border immigrations officers would care one way or another about the 90 day report or that they would ever alter dates on the report slip.

If you leave before you were in the country for 90 continuous days and then return, it would be up to you to count the 90 days for the next due date and report to your regional immigrations office between 15 days before to 7 days following the 90th day (remembering that the day you return is day 1 plus 89 more days). Given that you have about a 3 week window in which to do the report, it shouldn't be that difficult to do the report on time even if you don't calculate the 90th day exactly right.

Probably best to leave the old report slip in your passport since your immigration office use the bar code on it to bring up your information on their computers quickly.

Edited by Suradit69

I asked about this at Samui a few months back as I had re-entered around 60 days after my previous report. They informed me I must keep to their reporting date as per the note stapled into my passport, not wait 90 days. Something to do with matching up to the extension date.

I doubt they would do anything if you had to come in 90 days after re-entry but this shows (as usual) the rules are not 100% clear and could differ by office.

The IO at the airport does not remove or change the 90 day report slip when you return - thus adding to the confusion. Best to err on the side of safety and follow the slip date, methinks.

I asked about this at Samui a few months back as I had re-entered around 60 days after my previous report. They informed me I must keep to their reporting date as per the note stapled into my passport, not wait 90 days. Something to do with matching up to the extension date.

I doubt they would do anything if you had to come in 90 days after re-entry but this shows (as usual) the rules are not 100% clear and could differ by office.

The IO at the airport does not remove or change the 90 day report slip when you return - thus adding to the confusion. Best to err on the side of safety and follow the slip date, methinks.

You were given incorrect info or perhaps knowing Samui immigration a requirement only done by them.

I can assure if went to another immigration office they would more than likely tell you to come back when you had stayed 90 days in the country.

You need to provide copies of all relevant passport pages, including those containing the latest stamps, when reporting by mail (along with a completed TM47, a copy of your current TM6 departure card and the original of your previous notification slip) in any case.

Probably a good idea to run a highlighter over the latest Entry AND Departure stamps in the passport copies, as I do when reporting by mail for the first time after a trip to foreign parts. That has done the trick for me without the need for any covering note.

Edited by OJAS

Hi Newbie.

I got the same Dilemma...

My last entry from my double entry is June 7, 2015. I got a job and got a Non-B on July 24 and valid until October 21.

By October after my Non-B expired and I processed for a 1 year extension I remembered that I didn't do my 90 days yet.

I didn't do it because my previous HR did tell me 90 days restarts after I get one year extension, and I called the immigration office as well and I asked about my issue and they told me that since I was a tourist, I only get to start doing 90 days when I get my 1 year visa. Hence, I thought I was okay.

So October 21 I received one month of processing and had to go back to get my one year visa on Nov. 12. Note that I didn't get that 90 days paper stapled in passport and I asked my HR and she said there was nothing, too.

So November 12, I got the 1 year until October 2016, then I went to the information counter of the immigration to ask about the 90 days. Lady told me that I should have followed my Arrival Card date. And that before I asked her, there were 2 other people who thought the same as me and got fined 2k. She then offered me to pay her 1,500 and she will do it herself. I told her I didn't have the money yet, and she handed me her cellphone number. I thought it was fishy and decided to not go through with it first and check in another office at BigC Ladprao, which I will go today.

I guess, i will let you know what they will tell me.
And I reckon if you do have that 90 days paper with the date on it, then good. And if you don't, I guess safest is just follow that entry date. But from experience from my previous job in which I started off from a tourist as well, it was when my 1-year visa started, that I started doing 90 days reporting. Now the information lady is telling me something different. So I'll check in the other immigration office.