• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

2. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

3. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

4. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

5. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

6. 563

White Culture

7. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

8. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

9. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

10. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

11. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

12. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

13. 125

Trump chickens out again.

14. 68

15. 68

Increase of surcharge using non Thai ATM card

I have just found out that the on November 10th 2015 surcharge for using a non Thai ATM card has now gone up from 180 to 200 Baht , Just remember all those years ago when there was no surcharge then one by one all the banks were doing it this is some way to encourage more tourist . I understand that Citibank still does not charge the Thailand ATM fee to most European cards, but does charge it to US and UK cards according .

Edited by sub101uk

Yes I understand it all happen around the 10th of November Well seems that all the banks in Songkhla and Hat yai are all charging 200 Baht its clear its to prop up the Thai Baht , Even if you open a Thai Bank account you still need to change from your own currency to Thai Baht you cant win .

TMB and Krugskri still at 180Bht

Not the TMB and Krungsri ATMs I use here in Bangkok....went to Bt200 in early Nov.
Did a withdrawal today, 180 baht, here in Pattaya.

Expect TMB and Krungsri needs to manually update the charge in the their ATMs which means they have many ATMs to update to the new charge which will take time. Same thing happened with AEON ATMs when they went from Bt0 to Bt150 in early 2014. I was reading posts of people getting hit with the new Bt150 charge for over a month while I was still using AEON ATMs here in Bangkok with zero baht charge...then one day the AEON ATM I had been using for the longest time with 0 baht fee displayed the Bt150 fee.

I was a little surprised and had thought the banks could just push an update to all their ATMs at once...and maybe some can....but it appears they do a manual update. Or maybe they can push an online update but can't do all the ATMs at once...has to be a one-by-one update by some guy setting in a control room somewhere updating one ATM at a time....basically a phased approach until all a bank's ATMs reflect the updated fee.

Never fear...the new & improved Bt200 fee will arrive your TMB/Krungsri ATM soon.