Help! Need Shoes

Sunbelt Asia

Anybody can tell me a place in BKK that sells men’s shoes? (size 13 in the USA)

On Sat, was missing a pair of tennis shoes, thought it was the maid, who may be cleaning them.

Went home last night around 10 p.m., left a pair of dress shoes on the porch. This morning found them missing along with three other pairs in the shoe cabinet on the porch. Obviously who took the tennis shoes, found it to be a good fit and came back for the others, last night. :o

Anyway, I still have a pair of flip flops. Which I’m going to guard like gold. Never found a place before that sells my size. Any place I can go to get shoes in BKK asap?

Thanks

Greg

I get my size 12 at Robinson's on Sukumvit but there aren't many styles to choose from. Took a look in Chatuchak on the weekend and there seem to be some larger sizes there. You could always buy a pair off a desperate backpacker.

Weird Sunbelt Asia. About 4 weeks ago some nice fellows 'broke into' our estate and went along all the houses stealing the mens shoes (and leaving the womens, more expensive, shoes!).

I have big feet too and found Central Rama 3 to have the best selection of shoes that fit.

Sunbelt....I feel your pain, and wish you luck in finding proper fitting shoes soon. One's quality of life takes an immediate hit when that isn't the case....I know this well.

I searched the local malls, specialty sports shops, and Thailand online shopping sites for running shoes in size "USA 11.5"...and turned to the board here as well. No luck. I resorted to purchasing them online from outside LOS....with initial delivery to a friend there who forwarded the package to me.

With your social network and resources far greater than mine.....I'll be eager to hear if you find a more localized solution. Please share if you do.

CHEERS!

D

Check out your closest second hand shoe vendor. You'll proberbly be able to buy them all back from there.

Sports shoes you will find in a 13 with a bit of looking around.

For business/dress shoes best to get them hand made. Around 2000 baht for a really good comfortable pair.

Greg. Sory i cant reccomend a maker in Bangkok , but there have been a few posts in the Bangkok section of TV. with reccomendations.

sorry to hear your shoe story...

I was walking in MBK this morning, and saw a shoe store on the ground floor (west side I believe)that had many huge sizes. Can't be sure if they were 13's... didn't look specifically.(I'm a size 8) But- might be a place to check out to get something quickly to replace your flipflops in the office!

Anyway, I still have a pair of flip flops. Which I’m going to guard like gold. Never found a place before that sells my size. Any place I can go to get shoes in BKK asap?

Thanks

Greg

Greg,

Try Adidas shop opposite the Landmark Hotel, next door to Tony Romas Rest.. and place an order with Paul.

Hope this helps you.

Yours truly,

Kan Win :o

Greg,

I have a friend who is 6 foot 7inches tall and has enormous feet. He has lived in Bangkok for 40 years, and used to get all his shoes made , but recently found some outlets that sell his size off the peg but I don't know where! :D

Unfortunately he is on a very rare trip to England - due back in about a week. I'll ask him as soon as he returns and pass on the info.

Here was I thinking I was badly off having my water meter stolen :o

We don't wear shoes in the wilds of Pong - just as well, as my dog chews up any shoe within 50 meters of my front terrace. :D

On Sat, was missing a pair of tennis shoes, thought it was the maid, who may be cleaning them.

Went home last night around 10 p.m., left a pair of dress shoes on the porch. This morning found them missing along with three other pairs in the shoe cabinet on the porch. Obviously who took the tennis shoes, found it to be a good fit and came back for the others, last night. :o

Thanks

Greg

You might have already seen this link, but just in case: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=87383

Anybody can tell me a place in BKK that sells men’s shoes? (size 13 in the USA

Good question. I am also a size 13 and in the many years I have been traveling back and forth to Thailand, I have always guarded my running shoes like I guard my wallet (fortunately the BG's are only interested in my wallet :o ). Guess I have been doing the right thing as I had a feeling if I lost them I would be s**t out of luck . I will keep watching this topic in case someone comes up with a definite place so maybe someday I can relax and quit putting my running shoes in the safe every night ! :D

I also wear a USA size 13 and had the same problem finding shoes in Bangkok. I finally gave in and bought a 12 1/2. It only took about three weeks and a few blisters to break them in but now they fit fine. Next time you're in Singapore, stock up. Easy to find 13s there and the prices are better than Thailand.

Weird Sunbelt Asia. About 4 weeks ago some nice fellows 'broke into' our estate and went along all the houses stealing the mens shoes (and leaving the womens, more expensive, shoes!).

I have big feet too and found Central Rama 3 to have the best selection of shoes that fit.

Funny thing is they did the same. They left all the shoes of my wife (much more expensive) Was kidding my wife, that they like my taste in shoes.

Thanks everyone for the tip. My wife was able to find a pair of dress shoes and tennis shoes at the Emporium. tried the Robinsons with no luck. But now as I can look will be stocking up and putting the shoes inside.

My wife now just called to tell me some camera crew is filming our soi cause its underwater so take my shoes off before I wade in the water near the house.

Last night, one of our office centers at Suk Soi 19, the neighbor had a electrical fire break out. Luckily, another neighbor had a fire extinguisher. Took the fire dept over a hour to get there! All was safe with block of buildings, with the neighbor putting the fire out. He is the hero. :o

This morning, a clerk rings my wife. I have a bad feeling she says , "just gave a Thai man 17,000 Baht as he said I needed to pay him for the computer. He just left 5 minutes ago and he didn't give any receipt. He didn't bring any computer back and I don't see him." Huh?

A scam!

Last time we were taken was three years ago, another store at 6 a.m., someone told one of the clerks that he needed 12K for the windows. He gave it to them! When are they ever going to learn?

So they say, things go in threes! Shoes/ Fire/ Theft/ Flood. Hey that is four! :D But I'm happy cause I have my own shoes now, just can't get them wet !!!

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Greg,

My large friend has arrived back and recommends Siam Bootery and Lieu's Bootery which are both on Sukhumvit, opposite Soi 19.

I was wrong - they are not off the peg, but you can get them made in a week - maybe less. He reckons they do him very well - I know that Siam Bootery has been around for over 30 years - we used to advertise them on the old Nitespot 94 FM back in the 70's.

Mobi

Greg,

My large friend has arrived back and recommends Siam Bootery and Lieu's Bootery which are both on Sukhumvit, opposite Soi 19.

I was wrong - they are not off the peg, but you can get them made in a week - maybe less. He reckons they do him very well - I know that Siam Bootery has been around for over 30 years - we used to advertise them on the old Nitespot 94 FM back in the 70's.

Mobi

Thanks . Will check them out.

Must have caused the staff to have a laugh.

That it did! :o LOL myself.