Corn And Bean In Ice Cream

fefal

Hi,

I don't understand why Thai ice cream have corn and bean?

Why they eat corn/bean in ice cream whereas in European country, we eat that for salad?

...maybe because they're different ;-)

:o Why chocolate and strawberries :D

Hi,

Why they eat corn/bean in ice cream whereas in European country, we eat that for salad?

You answered your own question, Have heard of the word CULTURE

MACB

Hi,

Haven't tried the corn yet, but the ice cream with beans in it is delicious.

The corn in the ice cream really surprised me. I worked and lived among Mayas, whose ancestors invented corn, and that's one thing they hadn't thought of yet.

Corn for salad? American salad usually leaves the corn as a side vegetable. KFC here has a corn salad now.

When my sister-in-law from Weisbaden Germany migrated to south Texas, our Anglo mother-in-law asked Ingeborg to make a 'salad' for the dinner meal. Imagine the surprise when it was a dish of green beans and vinegar!!

What color or kind of beans is in Thai ice cream - dark red?

The corn in the ice cream really surprised me. I worked and lived among Mayas, whose ancestors invented corn, and that's one thing they hadn't thought of yet.

Corn for salad? American salad usually leaves the corn as a side vegetable. KFC here has a corn salad now.

When my sister-in-law from Weisbaden Germany migrated to south Texas, our Anglo mother-in-law asked Ingeborg to make a 'salad' for the dinner meal. Imagine the surprise when it was a dish of green beans and vinegar!!

What color or kind of beans is in Thai ice cream - dark red?

Yeah, they use dark red like kidney beans. Also black beans "tua dam" and green beans which I think are mung beans.

Hi,

Some Thai or Thai-Chinese people probably don't understand why the corn and beans have ice cream. (I suspect they've been eating beans and corn for dessert a lot longer than they've been eating ice cream)

Hey, I saw something on the Korean (or maybe Japanese) television station the other day: brittle sweet corn that you could eat raw straight off the stalk. Someone bred (or modified) a variety with super high brix but I can't find anything on the web -- does anyone have more information on this?

No but do you have more information on this? post-20734-1160508215.png :o

Looks disgusting, don't it? My neighborhood motorcy satay vendor has yet to offer these, but here's hoping!

Hey, I saw something on the Korean (or maybe Japanese) television station the other day: brittle sweet corn that you could eat raw straight off the stalk. Someone bred (or modified) a variety with super high brix but I can't find anything on the web -- does anyone have more information on this?

A little more on this corn: apparently it's a super sweet corn that was developed in the States but was too hard to farm, so the Japanese took it and farmed it and called it "Mirai". In the last few years it's been re-introduced back the States to rave reviews (and reports of people driving 100's of kilometres to get some). It's so sweet it can literally be eaten raw. Is anyone growing this stuff in Thailand?

Corn and bean ice cream might sound a bit strange, but there are much stranger flavors than that which can be found elsewhere around the world, such as cactus ice cream, garlic ice cream, or chili ice cream.

The Japanese concoct some of the oddest flavors I've ever heard of.

http://bertc.com/japanese_ice_creams.htm

Anyone care for a big scoop of yummy octopus ice cream?

Edited by AmeriThai

I have to suggest that the strangest food combination yet to come out of this thread is fxm88's avatar.... sausages and chocolate chips? :D Who the h_ll thinks up these things??

Yes that si strange :D

Just like when I was a kid I used to eat nutella and tomato sause sandwiches and like them :o