Supreme Court not allow Yingluck to leave kingdom

snoop1130

Well I hope the ex us ambassador Russell sees Yingluck and gives her some feeling of security. Who ever her brother is, hated or not, she is just a woman. I'm not taking sides, I'm worried for her and the other women who were charged with be involved in the arson attack on Ubon city hall. Leave women out of it! Let the posters mock my words, but sooner or later if current chaotic clampdowns, arrests, siezures, defamation, bullying continue, who is next to be persecuted? Children? the elderly? the sick and disabled? Show some heart during the reform process, as my heart is filled with woe. Show me courage and bravery, not wickness and cruelty. I'm praying too for a better tomorrow, but it never seems to come true.

Excuses, but here I must disagree. Ms. Yingluck is not just a woman, she's a former Prime Minster, she's her brothers clone, she's the bright example LannaGuy lives for.

Of course, and I guess I must admit this, if she were just a woman, you seem to imply that obviously that's why she was so ignorant of the RPPS disaster.

She was ignorant of the RPPS and so were the democrat party who had a similar idea at that time. Mistakes were made, true, but to impeach an ex PM and put her on trial for a policy thought to be a good idea is wrong. Governments worldwide make mistakes in policies that leads to loss in their economy, do these countries put their leaders on trial? No, the people vote for a new government instead. As for the gender issue, woman should be treated better than men. They are the weaker of the two sexes.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where does it say she was in a hurry? She was invited to attend. Does her attended stop her from attended court?

What the two who invited her are doing is not an issue. They are members of the EP, the request is genuine. When you become a member you may ask them why, though the reasons are stated in the letter.

the invitation is completely bullshit. did you even read the letter? why they wrote Khun(you) instead of Mrs.? and WHY both Elmar and Werner have no position in the letter? http://puu.sh/lL0NL/ba8f6cf8d2.jpg

The whole episode is a diversion.It provides the usual suspects and other RWNJs an opportunity to divert attention from the hellish state the Junta has reduced Thailand to.

As far as the Junta is concerned there was no "right" answer here.Damned if they said yes and damned if they said no.Neither the parliamentarians nor Yingluck seem to attach much urgency to the invitation.It certainly doesn't represent an endorsement of Yingluck just an expression of concern at the deteriorating situation in Thailand.Only a blind fool would contest the latter statement.

Actually I believe the Junta would quite like Yingluck to do a runner - though she shows no signs of wanting to do so.

IMHO I also think that the junta wants her to go, ... I think, however, that they want her to go at the right time for them, eg: after they convict her the first time and while she is on appeal... That way they will try to claim the high ground as they have tried to do with her brother.

The problem for them is that it would backfire on the junta and their rich buddies to put her in the klink... They can't do it, she's radioactive to the junta/elites if she goes to jail...

Where does it say she was in a hurry? She was invited to attend. Does her attended stop her from attended court?

What the two who invited her are doing is not an issue. They are members of the EP, the request is genuine. When you become a member you may ask them why, though the reasons are stated in the letter.

the invitation is completely bullshit. did you even read the letter? why they wrote Khun(you) instead of Mrs.? and WHY both Elmar and Werner have no position in the letter? http://puu.sh/lL0NL/ba8f6cf8d2.jpg

The whole episode is a diversion.It provides the usual suspects and other RWNJs an opportunity to divert attention from the hellish state the Junta has reduced Thailand to.

As far as the Junta is concerned there was no "right" answer here.Damned if they said yes and damned if they said no.Neither the parliamentarians nor Yingluck seem to attach much urgency to the invitation.It certainly doesn't represent an endorsement of Yingluck just an expression of concern at the deteriorating situation in Thailand.Only a blind fool would contest the latter statement.

Actually I believe the Junta would quite like Yingluck to do a runner - though she shows no signs of wanting to do so.

IMHO I also think that the junta wants her to go, ... I think, however, that they want her to go at the right time for them, eg: after they convict her the first time and while she is on appeal... That way they will try to claim the high ground as they have tried to do with her brother.

The problem for them is that it would backfire on the junta and their rich buddies to put her in the klink... They can't do it, she's radioactive to the junta/elites if she goes to jail...

IMHO none of these opinions have anything to do with the Supreme Court having denied Ms. Yingluck permission to travel outside Thailand. The opinions simply assume that the current government is handling the 'negligence' case against Ms. Yingluck whereas it's the Supreme Court.

Now if and when Ms. Yingluck will be found guilty and sentenced to jail time it will be the Supreme Court, not the government. Of course her being Amply Rich Elite one may assume that real jail time will only happen when Hell freezes over.

Well I hope the ex us ambassador Russell sees Yingluck and gives her some feeling of security. Who ever her brother is, hated or not, she is just a woman. I'm not taking sides, I'm worried for her and the other women who were charged with be involved in the arson attack on Ubon city hall. Leave women out of it! Let the posters mock my words, but sooner or later if current chaotic clampdowns, arrests, siezures, defamation, bullying continue, who is next to be persecuted? Children? the elderly? the sick and disabled? Show some heart during the reform process, as my heart is filled with woe. Show me courage and bravery, not wickness and cruelty. I'm praying too for a better tomorrow, but it never seems to come true.

Excuses, but here I must disagree. Ms. Yingluck is not just a woman, she's a former Prime Minster, she's her brothers clone, she's the bright example LannaGuy lives for.

Of course, and I guess I must admit this, if she were just a woman, you seem to imply that obviously that's why she was so ignorant of the RPPS disaster.

She was ignorant of the RPPS and so were the democrat party who had a similar idea at that time. Mistakes were made, true, but to impeach an ex PM and put her on trial for a policy thought to be a good idea is wrong. Governments worldwide make mistakes in policies that leads to loss in their economy, do these countries put their leaders on trial? No, the people vote for a new government instead. As for the gender issue, woman should be treated better than men. They are the weaker of the two sexes.

Ms. Yingluck was not ignorant of the RPPS. She positioned in parliament as 'self-financing' scheme, she defended the move to keep things out of the National Budget as only a resolving funds was needed. Her hand-picked Minister of Finance even said the day before the scam started that only a 430 billion funds needed to be set up to do initial payments, but all money would return as part of sales. Ms. Yingluck was chairman of the board dealing with rice and prices. Ms. Yingluck stating in parliament that she and only she was in charge. during two and a half years Ms. Yingluck, cabinet and party tried to ignore warning, tried to play down warning, tried to tell all they's listened and all was well, etc., etc.

So we have a policy based on 'self-financing' which went horribly wrong and with all warnings it would seem it was let go horribly wrong. Ms. Yingluck is lucky she's only charged with 'negligence'.

So, Ms. Yingluck is not ignorant of the RPPS and she's get her time in court to explain why her self-financing' scheme was allowed to lose 500++ billion Baht.

As for the usual 'but, but, but the Democrats' well they had a subsidy with a minimum price guarantee for which a reservation was made in the National Budget. That the normal, democratic way to handle subsidies. Had Ms. Yingluck put the scheme as a subsidy with 100 billion Baht reservation in the National Budget, there would have been complaints, but nothing serious. Some have suggested Ms. Yingluck's government only 'gambled and unfortunately lost'. Well government are not supposed to gamble with tax payers money.

As for the gender issue, well Ms. Yingluck was for a moment the favorite of the Womens Lib movement. I'm afraid only for a very short moment. Your remark as such seems somewhat sexist.

Now this leads us to a court case where frequently Ms. Yingluck via her legal advisors ask for and often gets a temporary delay. New papers to be studied, new witnesses. What some and maybe the court as well will call delaying tackings, I doubt the Supreme Court is accepting Ms. Yingluck's request to be absent for a while. Ms. Yingluck stated to want justice and have the chance to explain the RPPS. That day will not come quicker with all delays.

Edited by rubl

IMHO none of these opinions have anything to do with the Supreme Court having denied Ms. Yingluck permission to travel outside Thailand. The opinions simply assume that the current government is handling the 'negligence' case against Ms. Yingluck whereas it's the Supreme Court.

Now if and when Ms. Yingluck will be found guilty and sentenced to jail time it will be the Supreme Court, not the government. Of course her being Amply Rich Elite one may assume that real jail time will only happen when Hell freezes over.

If you truly believe the Supreme Court is the prime mover - as opposed to its longstanding collusion - on matters relating to Yingluck, you are either ignorant or pitiably naive.

If you truly believe the Supreme Court is the prime mover - as opposed to its longstanding collusion - on matters relating to Yingluck, you are either ignorant or pitiably naive.

So the supreme court is being influenced by someone. Then my observations were correct. A kangaroo court is what we have. No justice for Yingluck if the court has to follow the orders of others. I rest my case.

Umm the Supreme court isnt exactly kangaroo in stature, have to be the right name etc to sit on a panel there true which tells its own story really regarding bias and ability, shame it cant be discussed ( yet again ) but then again thats all the proof needed there is something putridly rotten in Thailand to its very core now isnt it ?

Umm the Supreme court isnt exactly kangaroo in stature, have to be the right name etc to sit on a panel there true which tells its own story really regarding bias and ability, shame it cant be discussed ( yet again ) but then again thats all the proof needed there is something putridly rotten in Thailand to its very core now isnt it ?

To be clear I am certainly not suggesting the Supreme Court is a kangaroo court nor that its judges are other than able and with integrity.I believe also it and its subsidiary courts usually aim to be even handed.

Nevertheless in recent years the judicial system has been aligned with one side in the Thai political struggle.This is partly because they have been directed to do so and partly I suspect because of tribal affiliation.

Yingluck cannot hope to receive justice.She knows that and her enemies know that.Whether she is guilty of mismanagement, incompetence or worse is a separate question.She also will never be allowed to present her case with a defence lawyer of the calibre of a top class US trial attorney or a formidably forensic British QC.

Her fate is already decided as victims in Stalin's show trials had their fate determined in advance.The objective is to crush the Shinawatra clan - nothing else.

The irony is that even these intelligent men appear not to know that even if they are successful in their objective,they will not have solved their problem.

So the supreme court is being influenced by someone. Then my observations were correct. A kangaroo court is what we have. No justice for Yingluck if the court has to follow the orders of others. I rest my case.

Your observation may be correct under the assumption that jayboys statement is correct. As it is some posters only accept Supreme Court decisions when they like the decision.

And so some continue to do whatever possible to suggest Ms. Yingluck won't get justice. I guess that's more difficult to prove or disprove than Ms. Yingluck being ignorant of her RPPS.

She is not just a woman, she was the PM of Thailand.