Farang guy behaving badly on Sukhumvit Soi 11

OK, so the chap is inebriated.

Clearly.

In this case I think the title says it all. Behaving badly. So, what?

And maybe breaking a law by jaywalking in traffic... obstructing traffic. Yes it is reasonable to fantasize that obstructing traffic is somehow an offence in Thailand.

This happens in any city in the world. Ever been to Scotland? I love Scotland and Scots in general. Fantastic people.

But ever walk down the street after the bars close in Glasgow? There is a lot worse... there is a lot of violence.

My educated guess is he was denied a taxi ride. Probably by at least 2 taxis. Possibly as many as 15 taxis. In his logic he is being sardonic. If he could kneel and knew a proper 'kraap' he might have tried that.

In Nana or its sois getting a taxi to go almost anywhere at almost any time is 90% of the time a problem. They circle the same streets, park illegally, obstruct traffic, troll for fares they can rip off or which go exactly where they want to make an easy 35 Baht flip, etc. It is public knowledge. It has gotten worse in last 8 years or so. Much worse.

Further digression...

One of the nice things about Thai Taxis are their helpfulness with disabled persons. I personally have been a wheelchair and at times been solo and in need of a taxi. The driver helped fold the chair and put in trunk and take me a long distance. Also true when I was healing and on crutches.

Minnehaha,,,,,,,,,,Minnesota ????

Lot of opprobrium here..... over not much. These lads were well dressed and acting foolishly, probably first night, could'nt take it all in, booze, drugs, and pussy galore, lot to handle if you've led a sheltered life. The censorious above should witness a bunch of seamen ashore after a month or longer at sea. Also the Thai girl comment was'nt he's drunk and crazy, she said is he drunk or crazy <<<<Thai language removed>>>>

OK, so the chap is inebriated.

Clearly.

In this case I think the title says it all. Behaving badly. So, what?

And maybe breaking a law by jaywalking in traffic... obstructing traffic. Yes it is reasonable to fantasize that obstructing traffic is somehow an offence in Thailand.

This happens in any city in the world. Ever been to Scotland? I love Scotland and Scots in general. Fantastic people.

But ever walk down the street after the bars close in Glasgow? There is a lot worse... there is a lot of violence.

My educated guess is he was denied a taxi ride. Probably by at least 2 taxis. Possibly as many as 15 taxis. In his logic he is being sardonic. If he could kneel and knew a proper 'kraap' he might have tried that.

In Nana or its sois getting a taxi to go almost anywhere at almost any time is 90% of the time a problem. They circle the same streets, park illegally, obstruct traffic, troll for fares they can rip off or which go exactly where they want to make an easy 35 Baht flip, etc. It is public knowledge. It has gotten worse in last 8 years or so. Much worse.

Further digression...

One of the nice things about Thai Taxis are their helpfulness with disabled persons. I personally have been a wheelchair and at times been solo and in need of a taxi. The driver helped fold the chair and put in trunk and take me a long distance. Also true when I was healing and on crutches.

Minnehaha,,,,,,,,,,Minnesota ????

sorry, no.

unrelated.

Refreshing to know that some people never seen a drunk person before?

seen a lot of drunks before! they are all disgusting slobbering poieces of shit who should be put behind bars. where were the Police? lucky he did not get his ass knocked out!

Have you never met a happy drunk ?

I have come across thousands in my time.

If you do not know what dodgy is . Here is another fine example as to why the Thai government needs to stop these idiots and put them back on the plane before they are let loose on the poor Thais. I wonder why the Thais do not think highly of us.

You are generalising, about 95% of Farangs, holidaymakers or resident, are not like that idiot.

What a prat, lesson is don't buy drugs from Sukhumvit Africans, I guess that was his mate trying to help him, he is also a lucky guy, Bangkok taxi drivers not known for their tolerance if someone touches their car

Damn, your legs must be tired jumping to all those conclusions, or do you have some of evidence to support what you say?. The guy may have been drunk, he may have been on drugs, or both; he may also be some religious zealot in some sort of transcendental state worshiping taxis. We don't know, do we? So why are you spewing on about purchasing drugs from Africans on Sukhumvit. What a prat indeed.

Refreshing to know that some people never seen a drunk person before?

seen a lot of drunks before! they are all disgusting slobbering poieces of shit who should be put behind bars. where were the Police? lucky he did not get his ass knocked out!

Yes, I have met happy drunks, happy slobbering drunks, happy slobbering puking drunks, especially when well-oiled myself. I have also met absolutely gorgeous wealthy available Thai women, but like happy drunks, not that many. Unlike beautiful, happy seems to be a stage the drunk passes through on the way to slobbering prat, and the happy stage is fleeting. Have you ever been sober and around a drunk?

The problem, as I see it, is far too many men and women should not drink; because they cannot handle alcohol. I am always leery of the guy who says he can't handle spirits, so just drinks beer. No doubt, beer gets him far too drunk too.

Most drunks become abusive, belligerent, and stupid. I enjoy drinking, but I dislike being drunk, so I have learned to moderate my intake and remain in control of my faculties--too bad so many have such trouble with drinking.

If you do not know what dodgy is . Here is another fine example as to why the Thai government needs to stop these idiots and put them back on the plane before they are let loose on the poor Thais. I wonder why the Thais do not think highly of us.

Can't deny that this guy had lost the plot and was being an utter &lt;deleted&gt;. However I have also witnessed a "poor Thai" needing to be physically carried from a bar to his pick-up for him then to attempt driving home.

Believe me, they think highly enough of "us" and will tolerate much when there is financial gain to be had.

Commendable restraint shown by the taxi drivers.

Yes, I have met happy drunks, happy slobbering drunks, happy slobbering puking drunks, especially when well-oiled myself. I have also met absolutely gorgeous wealthy available Thai women, but like happy drunks, not that many. Unlike beautiful, happy seems to be a stage the drunk passes through on the way to slobbering prat, and the happy stage is fleeting. Have you ever been sober and around a drunk?

The problem, as I see it, is far too many men and women should not drink; because they cannot handle alcohol. I am always leery of the guy who says he can't handle spirits, so just drinks beer. No doubt, beer gets him far too drunk too.

Most drunks become abusive, belligerent, and stupid. I enjoy drinking, but I dislike being drunk, so I have learned to moderate my intake and remain in control of my faculties--too bad so many have such trouble with drinking.

Worked in the bar industry for over 40 years, back home and here. Out of it now.

Not every drunk is a nuisance, in fact, some are quite amusing.

I agree it is not great being sober around people with alcohol inside them, so I used to do the noble thing and join them !

Oh, by the way, I got to the stage where I could not handle spirits, so I packed them in 4 years ago.

So I only drink beer now !

Worked in the bar industry for over 40 years, back home and here. Out of it now.

I agree it is not great being sober around people with alcohol inside them, so I used to do the noble thing and join them !

Oh, by the way, I got to the stage where I could not handle spirits, so I packed them in 4 years ago.

I agree that not every drinker is a nuisance, but most drunks are. I too have severed my time on both sides of the bar; and I drink anything distilled, brewed or fermented. However, I am still leery of those who profess to only drink beer--have seen too many make complete asses of themselves with or without a few shots. As I said, I think more people poorly handle alcohol than handle it well.

I agree that not every drinker is a nuisance, but most drunks are. I too have severed my time on both sides of the bar; and I drink anything distilled, brewed or fermented. However, I am still leery of those who profess to only drink beer--have seen too many make complete asses of themselves with or without a few shots. As I said, I think more people poorly handle alcohol than handle it well.

The only word on this topic is condesecending.

If you hate the 'evil drunks' what is your point ?

My initial feeling is, If you don't like it, stay at home.

It is not compulsory, if you are a boring tw't, stay home. Problem solved ?

According to everyone back home we are all stereotypical freaks for chosing Thailand

Really? People back home mostly just tell me how lucky I am to live here, how interesting it must be, or how envious they are of the weather and/or food.

According to everyone back home we are all stereotypical freaks for chosing Thailand

Really? People back home mostly just tell me how lucky I am to live here, how interesting it must be, or how envious they are of the weather and/or food.

You are the proof of parallel universes existing.

thaiduncankk, on 03 Dec 2015 - 15:29, said:snapback.png

smotherb, on 03 Dec 2015 - 13:53, said:snapback.png

thaiduncankk, on 03 Dec 2015 - 12:27, said:snapback.png

The only word on this topic is condesecending.

If you hate the 'evil drunks' what is your point ?

My initial feeling is, If you don't like it, stay at home.

It is not compulsory, if you are a boring tw't, stay home. Problem solved ?

Smotherb replied:

So I should stay home because you—or at least the drunks you appear to be defending—cannot handle alcohol? Why are you getting so upset? Have I touched a nerve? Or are you just continuing your string of misinformed incorrect assumptions?

I don’t have to quote statistics on the numbers of innocent lives ruined because someone couldn’t handle alcohol. I have had to stop a friend from beating his wife and kids after his drinking sprees.

However, I don't hate evil drunks, in fact I pity them for not having enough self-control to better handle alcohol. I can't tell you the number of friends and acquaintances I have helped home before they got themselves pounded to a pulp for being an ass or when they were too blitzed to walk and have puked all over themselves.