Farang guy behaving badly on Sukhumvit Soi 11

What a prat, lesson is don't buy drugs from Sukhumvit Africans, I guess that was his mate trying to help him, he is also a lucky guy, Bangkok taxi drivers not known for their tolerance if someone touches their car

What a prat, lesson is don't buy drugs from Sukhumvit Africans, I guess that was his mate trying to help him, he is also a lucky guy, Bangkok taxi drivers not known for their tolerance if someone touches their car

He seems to take great care NOT to touch the cab but, rather, worships it.

He seems to take great care NOT to touch the cab but, rather, worships it.

exactly, it seems he was bowing down to/worshipping the almighty taxi.

I think this shows how tolerant and helpful Thais can be.

Particularly considering taxi drivers, who have a bad reputation, were provoked.

Not so sure about the mouthy woman in the audio.

absolutely no tolerance for foreign drunks! the idiots do not have the slightest idea of what could happen to them on the street. he is lucky the Taxi Driver did not "bump" his drunk ass of the road. they are disgusting and should be made to watch the video of how stupid they act!

that is nothing, you want to see the vid of the drunken young russian in Pattaya posted on a well known web site,punching taxis, and his girlfriend, in a bikini, and the big fat momma also in a bikini, wandering the streets, what a sight to behold.GROSS

I felt his bowing to the taxi had both reasonable artistic content and a degree of creativity. Note when prevented from continuing with the first taxi, he immediately went and found another. Unfortunately this kind of more nuanced cerebral activity finds little, if any, appreciation in Thailand's shallow, materialistic, philistine art scene and wider society.

Drunk and Crazy just as the woman doing the commentary says. If they aren't grown up enough to have a few drinks stay in control of their situation then they should stay in kindergarten where there is somebody to watch over them.

OK, so the chap is inebriated.

Clearly.

In this case I think the title says it all. Behaving badly. So, what?

And maybe breaking a law by jaywalking in traffic... obstructing traffic. Yes it is reasonable to fantasize that obstructing traffic is somehow an offence in Thailand.

This happens in any city in the world. Ever been to Scotland? I love Scotland and Scots in general. Fantastic people.

But ever walk down the street after the bars close in Glasgow? There is a lot worse... there is a lot of violence.

My educated guess is he was denied a taxi ride. Probably by at least 2 taxis. Possibly as many as 15 taxis. In his logic he is being sardonic. If he could kneel and knew a proper 'kraap' he might have tried that.

In Nana or its sois getting a taxi to go almost anywhere at almost any time is 90% of the time a problem. They circle the same streets, park illegally, obstruct traffic, troll for fares they can rip off or which go exactly where they want to make an easy 35 Baht flip, etc. It is public knowledge. It has gotten worse in last 8 years or so. Much worse.

Further digression...

One of the nice things about Thai Taxis are their helpfulness with disabled persons. I personally have been a wheelchair and at times been solo and in need of a taxi. The driver helped fold the chair and put in trunk and take me a long distance. Also true when I was healing and on crutches.

Clearly.

And maybe breaking a law by jaywalking in traffic... obstructing traffic. Yes it is reasonable to fantasize that obstructing traffic is somehow an offence in Thailand.

This happens in any city in the world. Ever been to Scotland? I love Scotland and Scots in general. Fantastic people.

But ever walk down the street after the bars close in Glasgow? There is a lot worse... there is a lot of violence.

My educated guess is he was denied a taxi ride. Probably by at least 2 taxis. Possibly as many as 15 taxis. In his logic he is being sardonic. If he could kneel and knew a proper 'kraap' he might have tried that.

In Nana or its sois getting a taxi to go almost anywhere at almost any time is 90% of the time a problem. They circle the same streets, park illegally, obstruct traffic, troll for fares they can rip off or which go exactly where they want to make an easy 35 Baht flip, etc. It is public knowledge. It has gotten worse in last 8 years or so. Much worse.

Further digression...

One of the nice things about Thai Taxis are their helpfulness with disabled persons. I personally have been a wheelchair and at times been solo and in need of a taxi. The driver helped fold the chair and put in trunk and take me a long distance. Also true when I was healing and on crutches.

So in his obviously drunken state a Thai taxi driver is guilty for refusing to give him a ride?

Clearly.

Further digression...

So in his obviously drunken state a Thai taxi driver is guilty for refusing to give him a ride?

Thai law says Taxis are obliged to accept fares unless they are for outside city limits.

I agree that if a person is obviously drunk and unruly a driver should reasonably be able to deny a fare.

How many times to you think a person stopped a taxi in Nana that night and was denied a ride? Have you ever been there? Ever tried to get a taxi in Silom in the evening? The issue I am addressing is larger than this single event. So, no I do not think the driver is guilty. Yes, I maintain the larger issue is one you are avoiding, for some reason or another.

Clearly.

Further digression...

Thai law says Taxis are obliged to accept fares unless they are for outside city limits.

I agree that if a person is obviously drunk and unruly a driver should reasonably be able to deny a fare.

How many times to you think a person stopped a taxi in Nana that night and was denied a ride? Have you ever been there? Ever tried to get a taxi in Silom in the evening? The issue I am addressing is larger than this single event. So, no I do not think the driver is guilty. Yes, I maintain the larger issue is one you are avoiding, for some reason or another.

Been denied a taxi ride on several occasions, normally a reason. End of shift and location will take too long to get to, traffic jam etc. For the cheap price it has never bothered me.