Painting blue water pipe

TheCruncher

I have constructed a quite large frame in blue water pipe and want to spray paint it with Rustoleum hammered paint.

Since it is quite large and has many connections it may be quite an issue to sand it properly.

As I have access to Acetone, would it suffice to just wash the plastic pipe thoroughly with Acetone, instead of sanding it, to make the paint stick?

I used a pant brush to paint blue PVC on all manner of exterior pipes at my home and garden. I used 350 baht per gallon, high gloss enamel paint and the "green" pipes look good for about two years in direct sun. They tend to fade, so it is easy to hand brush them again.

I used a pant brush to paint blue PVC on all manner of exterior pipes at my home and garden. I used 350 baht per gallon, high gloss enamel paint and the "green" pipes look good for about two years in direct sun. They tend to fade, so it is easy to hand brush them again.

Did you sand the pipes prior to applying the paint?

Our home has over 25 spray heads used for irrigation flowers and shrubs. I simply spray the exposed pvc with flat black paint.....including the spray head which is usually green. The flat black blend in with the landscaping......better than the blue pvc. I don't prep the pipes at all.

If you want a permanent solution and the top coat will not peel then try this stuff -http://www.whiteknightpaints.com.au/specialty-paints/home-restoration/prep-rite/grip-lock-primer

I have used it many times in Oz ,not only on pvc but aluminium etc. Not cheap and no idea where you find it in Thailand. It may cheaper to respray every 12 months . Just don't let any graffiti vandals know about it either