Haco safety breaker with led-Faulty?

stubuzz

After 4 months, the led on the breaker has stopped working. The breaker is for a new circuit for the washing machine and the power in comes from a nearby switch/plug unit. Now, when i turn the light on the led on the breaker flickers while the tube is coming on.

I will post a picture later.

It's still unclear what the LED is doing:-

On, but flickering off when the light starts. Possible that the supply is dipping low enough to put out the LED when the light starts.

Off, but flickering on when the light starts. Possible that the supply is too low to light the LED and the surges from the tube startup flips it on (unlikely).

Either way, if everything is working ok, why worry. A small blob of paint on the LED will solve all issues (we have several of the RCBO version with failed LEDS).

Sorry if i was not clear. When the breaker is on (closed), the led is not working. The led randomly lights/ flickers when i turn on the light switch ( very top of the picture ) and goes off after a while.

I thought Haco was a good quality brand.

Sorry if i was not clear. When the breaker is on (closed), the led is not working. The led randomly lights/ flickers when i turn on the light switch ( very top of the picture ) and goes off after a while.

I thought Haco was a good quality brand.

They are amongst the best of a pretty motley crew sad.png

More than 50% of our Haco items with pilot lights are dark, everything still functions just fine.

Archived