Your "lack of" Privacy - Chiang Mai Immigration

menzies233

i have a friend i have known for twenty five years. He was the victim of identity theft and was held in the remand prison for nearly twelve months before he was completely exonerated when his case came to court .

The use of peoples confidential information in this way is shameful and should be stopped . Used documents should be shredded.

but, seriously, shouldn't the paper copy you get back from a 90 day report be the bottom bit of the tm-47 you submit.....

That photo I posted is the back side of the bottom bit of the tm-47 (receipt) they sent me. smile.png

Would you mind clarifying whether you're in the Chiang Mai Im catchment area? Thanks!

Phuket is using recycled paper for almost everything.

The forms you use for the address registration / Certificate of Residence etc are all printed on recycled paper.

Last i found the financial overview of my friends company on one of those papers, needless to say that he was not very happy with that.

This issue is mentioned a few times to the immigration department but unfortunately it's against deaf ears.

Phuket is using recycled paper for almost everything.

The forms you use for the address registration / Certificate of Residence etc are all printed on recycled paper.

Last i found the financial overview of my friends company on one of those papers, needless to say that he was not very happy with that.

This issue is mentioned a few times to the immigration department but unfortunately it's against deaf ears.

Well, the paper is not quite used for everything! Remember the shortage of toilet paper after the last serious floods? Well, why not...

It's hard to believe immigration requires foreigners to provide them with countless copies of our passports and other sensitive documents every time you report to their offices as required, and carelessly pass them off to other people to save paper. If it were not for incompetence, there would be absolutely no sign of competence coming from this department what so ever.

I have read so many naive posts about how immigration officers were smiling and so friendly, as these people had to report to them at some ridculas hour in the morning to spend hours sitting while waiting for immigration officers to perform simple two or three minute tasks. Some posters have actually defended immigrations decision to cancel their online queue.

I can't see how any foreign consulate officials could possibly attend meetings with these people and be able to keep a straight face.

but, seriously, shouldn't the paper copy you get back from a 90 day report be the bottom bit of the tm-47 you submit.....

That photo I posted is the back side of the bottom bit of the tm-47 (receipt) they sent me. smile.png

Would you mind clarifying whether you're in the Chiang Mai Im catchment area? Thanks!

Yes, and for quite a long time. Never used another immigration office in Thailand.

Conclusion: online reporting OR print on both sides of paper.

Done that once to save paper and got told off because the Immigration Officer had to turn over the paper.
If draw a line across the back of the paper? Wonder if that is acceptable?

Try printing same info on both sides of paper. no need to turn it over thumbsup.gif

It's hard to believe immigration requires foreigners to provide them with countless copies of our passports and other sensitive documents every time you report to their offices as required, and carelessly pass them off to other people to save paper. If it were not for incompetence, there would be absolutely no sign of competence coming from this department what so ever.

I have read so many naive posts about how immigration officers were smiling and so friendly, as these people had to report to them at some ridculas hour in the morning to spend hours sitting while waiting for immigration officers to perform simple two or three minute tasks. Some posters have actually defended immigrations decision to cancel their online queue.

I can't see how any foreign consulate officials could possibly attend meetings with these people and be able to keep a straight face.

Its easy. Consular officials are like politicians they could care a FidsF about you. Sit in a chair behind a desk all day twiddling a pencil look important collect your pay check plus benefits and in 25 years your pension its all a game. Surely the program of life your years spent toiling on this planet has taught you that. They must only be careful not to step on the toes of the locals.

Edited by elgordo38

What is wrong with recycling??? Absolutely nothing.

Immigration and other government departments (schools etc) have been doing it for years.

Get with the times, think of the future of the earth and stop moaning.

Get real! What about using this information to do fake passports etc, particularly when there is now a real threat by ISIS to Foreigners in Thailand. It's called Identity Theft and rather sad that the Thai Police, in the guise of Immigration seem to be completely unaware of this. Furthermore, what other documents would you like to see them re-cycle, medical documents, bank books, house registration, application forms. I do wish some people would engage brain before keyboard!mad.gif

Back side of one of my 90 day report receipts. Full photo page of Japanese passport.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

At least they blanked out the personal data.

? I'll bet ya 5 baht it was Tywais that kindly provided the blocking out of the personal info and photo.

The "I'll get my coat" went 10km or more over your head clap2.gif

Back side of one of my 90 day report receipts. Full photo page of Japanese passport.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

? I'll bet ya 5 baht it was Tywais that kindly provided the blocking out of the personal info and photo.

To be fair, I had to recheck Crossy's post to 'get it'. biggrin.png

To be fair, I had to recheck Crossy's post to 'get it'. biggrin.png

You're from the wrong side of the "pond" wink.png

I had a quotation for joinery items at Suksawad a month back, on the reverse I had a full price list list of all the different timber prices they buy for and another list showing how much they sell for....

....really you wooden believe it.

One would think the US, Japanese and other consulates represented in Chiang Mai would be going bonkers over this... considering the amount of fake passports and info used for nefarious purposes.

If the US had enough funds to provide the photo taking software for Thai Immigration - why not provide them with truckloads of new paper. ???

What is wrong with recycling??? Absolutely nothing.

Immigration and other government departments (schools etc) have been doing it for years.

Get with the times, think of the future of the earth and stop moaning.

...,,,plenty wrong with re-cycling personal data!

Wakey, wakey.......