Authorities struggle to find motive for San Bernardino massacre

webfact

Seems like the FBI are not struggling to find a motive.

The F.B.I. has begun treating its inquiry as a counterterrorism investigation, two law enforcement officials said Thursday. The suspects’ extensive arsenal, their recent Middle East travels and evidence that one had been in touch with people with Islamist extremist views, both in the United States and abroad, all contributed to the decision to refocus the investigation.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fbi-treats-san-bernardino-attack-as-possible-terrorism-case/ar-AAfYDHC?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=DELLDHP

Remember folks, there is 20 shopping days left until Christmas.

Make sure you stock up with shorts, longs, 1000's of rounds of ammunition and at least 12 pipe bombs.

And make sure you only attend Happy Holiday Parties and not Happy Christmas Parties. Could be the difference between life and death.

"Seems like the FBI are not struggling to find a motive."

They have started an inquiry. They are looking for possible motives.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is also "possible" that Obama has lost the plot. How could this not be terrorism?

Ever heard the term "going postal"? Coined in America (of course) it refers to workers losing the plot and going berserk. Why can't this be that?

OK, he went postal and somehow took his wife along with him. Still, I'm betting that he got muslim radicalized on his trip to Saudi Arabia.

stevenl, on 04 Dec 2015 - 10:23, said:
SgtRock, on 04 Dec 2015 - 06:58, said:

Seems like the FBI are not struggling to find a motive.

QuoteQuote

The F.B.I. has begun treating its inquiry as a counterterrorism investigation, two law enforcement officials said Thursday. The suspects’ extensive arsenal, their recent Middle East travels and evidence that one had been in touch with people with Islamist extremist views, both in the United States and abroad, all contributed to the decision to refocus the investigation.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fbi-treats-san-bernardino-attack-as-possible-terrorism-case/ar-AAfYDHC?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=DELLDHP

Remember folks, there is 20 shopping days left until Christmas.

Make sure you stock up with shorts, longs, 1000's of rounds of ammunition and at least 12 pipe bombs.

And make sure you only attend Happy Holiday Parties and not Happy Christmas Parties. Could be the difference between life and death.

Perhaps you missed the opening line. I have highlighted it for you.

The key words are '' Has begun '' not '' Looking for ''

It is also "possible" that Obama has lost the plot. How could this not be terrorism?

Ever heard the term "going postal"? Coined in America (of course) it refers to workers losing the plot and going berserk. Why can't this be that?

Islamic losers "go Jihad".

OK, he went postal and somehow took his wife along with him. Still, I'm betting that he got muslim radicalized on his trip to Saudi Arabia.

So am I But until there is evidence, I don't just jump on the "The Killer was Muslim, he MUST BE a terrorist" bandwagon.

Or the "He's Muslim, so he's Islamic and a loser, and they "go jihad", not postal" stupid bandwagon.

Edited by Seastallion

Yes, once again, before the bodies are cold, it's time for muslims to turn on the pity wagon and make it all about their victimhood. Nice touch, btw, from the San Bernadino imam, saying it was impossible for the two jihadis to be "radical."

"However, the imam at the mosque that Farook attended denied that.

"We never saw a sign of radicalisation," Mahmood Nadvi, 39, an imam at the Dar Al Uloom Al Islamiyah mosque in San Bernardino, told AFP.

"If someone becomes nuts, you don't represent the religion anymore."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/12030160/California-shooting-Multiple-victims-reported-in-San-Bernardino-live.html#update-20151204-0209

a) everyone who is denying that this is terrorism, is a fool! Of course it is!

b ) but is it religiously motivated terrorism or "jihad"? That is the question, that is still open and unanswered!

c) I am almost intrigued to say, that I really, really hope it is not! Because of course, the usual suspects will be out in droves and apologize for making assumptions on the base of names, religion and heritage...or not!

d) IF it is religiously motivated, call a spade a spade! Until then: shut the .... up!

Why make something so obvious, so difficult. The motive is islam.

Obvious to a jaidam person, perhaps. Not so obvious, whether you are pro-Muslim, pro-Israel, pro-America, or pro-whatever, if you have intelligence you would not jump to conclusions.

Going postal is still a viable option to consider. Mental illness is still a viable option to consider. Losing one's temper at repeated racial slurs from co-workers is still an option to consider....especially if there are jaidam rednecks in the workplace.

I would agree with you, except the guy had a huge cache of weapons and ammunition at his residence. One doesn't need all that to kill a dozen people. Other reports show him to be quite moderate. So the reports are mixed, and I'd wait for further details before I'm convinced of the motive.

stevenl, on 04 Dec 2015 - 11:01, said:
SgtRock, on 04 Dec 2015 - 10:34, said:
stevenl, on 04 Dec 2015 - 10:23, said:stevenl, on 04 Dec 2015 - 10:23, said:

In English, 'has begun an inquiry into a terrorism link' does not mean they have concluded it is terrorism. The word 'possible' in your link before 'terrorism' could be of help to understand the difference.

You really need to sort out your English. The quote I included does not contain the word '' Possible ''

The combat indicators that have been highlighted on this thread, and others, dictate that their is only one route this investigation is going. Down the terrorist route.

But you keep looking for non existent alternate reasons.

The motive is immaterial it's the cause that is important and that is, as usual the Koran. No need to struggle to look for a motive when the murderers are Muslim and the dead bodies are unbelievers.

Cause : a person or thing that gives rise to an action, phenomenon, or condition.

Cause were : possession of 2 assault rifles:

post-171721-14492025196008_thumb.jpg

Edited by Thorgal

stevenl, on 04 Dec 2015 - 11:01, said:
SgtRock, on 04 Dec 2015 - 10:34, said:

In English, 'has begun an inquiry into a terrorism link' does not mean they have concluded it is terrorism. The word 'possible' in your link before 'terrorism' could be of help to understand the difference.

You really need to sort out your English. The quote I included does not contain the word '' Possible ''

The combat indicators that have been highlighted on this thread, and others, dictate that their is only one route this investigation is going. Down the terrorist route.

I'm not looking for alternate reasons at all. I'm just not speculating, let alone assuming a reason and shouting that to the world when so far it has not been proven at all. The cause is still unclear at the moment, hence the investigation. They're looking in a certain direction, and they may find what they're looking for there. But then again, they also may not.

stevenl, on 04 Dec 2015 - 11:29, said:stevenl, on 04 Dec 2015 - 11:29, said:
SgtRock, on 04 Dec 2015 - 11:13, said:SgtRock, on 04 Dec 2015 - 11:13, said:

QuoteQuote

I'm not looking for alternate reasons at all. I'm just not speculating, let alone assuming a reason and shouting that to the world when so far it has not been proven at all. The cause is still unclear at the moment, hence the investigation. They're looking in a certain direction, and they may find what they're looking for there. But then again, they also may not.

You are correct, you are not speculating. You are grasping at straws.

Body Armour.

Rifles

Pistols

1000's of rounds of ammunition

Homemade pipebombs

Tactical style clothing.

Recent ME travels ( This could be legit whistling.gif )

Communication with known Islamic Extremists

Add into the mix the coming and going of at least 6 men of middle eastern appearance, noted by locals, but not reported for a fear of stereotyping.

There are a few apples for you to grasp at. Put them in a bag and there is only one conclusion.

Terrorism.

Deal with it.

Cause : a person or thing that gives rise to an action, phenomenon, or condition.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1449202517.967452.jpg

Oh, so the mere possession of the rifles "caused" a mass shooting. Interesting concept. Nuts, but interesting.

I suppose that the shootings in Paris were "caused" by someone having guns.

Those aren't assault rifles. Assault rifles are fully automatic. Ask a navy Seal if he'd carry one of those guns on an assault mission. "No."

In California where this occurred, it is illegal to purchase a gun that holds more than 10 rounds of ammunition. Hardly an assault rifle. If the perps had magazines that held more than 10 rounds they were already illegal.

Only the law abiding obey laws, so it does little good to pass these laws that criminals don't obey.

The cause of the shootings was in the minds of the shooters. It's called a motive. The FBI has turned the focus of the investigation toward terrorism and there are many reasons for that listed above.

Edited by NeverSure

stevenl, on 04 Dec 2015 - 11:29, said:stevenl, on 04 Dec 2015 - 11:29, said:
SgtRock, on 04 Dec 2015 - 11:13, said:SgtRock, on 04 Dec 2015 - 11:13, said:

QuoteQuote

You are correct, you are not speculating. You are grasping at straws.

Body Armour.

Rifles

Pistols

1000's of rounds of ammunition

Homemade pipebombs

Tactical style clothing.

Recent ME travels ( This could be legit whistling.gif )

Communication with known Islamic Extremists

Add into the mix the coming and going of at least 6 men of middle eastern appearance, noted by locals, but not reported for a fear of stereotyping.

There are a few apples for you to grasp at. Put them in a bag and there is only one conclusion.

Terrorism.

Deal with it.

Sorry to see you don't see the difference between waiting with a verdict and speculation. No straw's and no grasping, just waiting. See the difference?

Why make something so obvious, so difficult. The motive is islam.

Obvious to a jaidam person, perhaps. Not so obvious, whether you are pro-Muslim, pro-Israel, pro-America, or pro-whatever, if you have intelligence you would not jump to conclusions.

Going postal is still a viable option to consider. Mental illness is still a viable option to consider. Losing one's temper at repeated racial slurs from co-workers is still an option to consider....especially if there are jaidam rednecks in the workplace.

I would agree with you, except the guy had a huge cache of weapons and ammunition at his residence. One doesn't need all that to kill a dozen people. Other reports show him to be quite moderate. So the reports are mixed, and I'd wait for further details before I'm convinced of the motive.

So he "seemed" moderate and he "is" a mass murderer, and to you that's a "mixed" report. If I ever go over to the dark side, I hope I get you on my jury.

As predicted, gaslighting, refusal to face the Islamist elephant in the room and diversionary straw man burning with gun control statements. The regressives could teach the old GDR a thing or two about controlling discourse. All that's lacking are tractor production figures.

P.s Iike Nancy Pelosi's asinine comment regarding preventing mental illness. So two people went insane in the same way at the same time in the same place. What's the chances of that happening?

Edited by Steely Dan

Oh, so the mere possession of the rifles "caused" a mass shooting. Interesting concept. Nuts, but interesting.

Those aren't assault rifles. Assault rifles are fully automatic. Ask a navy Seal if he'd carry one of those guns on an assault mission. "No."

In California where this occurred, it is illegal to purchase a gun that holds more than 10 rounds of ammunition. Hardly an assault rifle. If the perps had magazines that held more than 10 rounds they were already illegal.

Only the law abiding obey laws, so it does little good to pass these laws that criminals don't obey.

The cause of the shootings was in the minds of the shooters. It's called a motive. The FBI has turned the focus of the investigation toward terrorism and there are many reasons for that listed above.

Weapons used in Paris originated from Zastava weapons manufacturer. They were imported clandestinely through the black market from Macedonia. Although the affected countries, Belgium and France, have reputable weapons manufacturers like FNC and Famas, these models are not available for public purchase.

The weapons used in San Bernardino are AR-15's, the Walmart version that you can find between the milk and the butter in every Walmart. The 30 or 100 rounds ammo magazines are available all over the US.

Wether the use of fully automatic and/or semi-automatic weapons should be legalised in the US is a debate that I'm not really interested in. Too many mass shootings and gun fire fatalities seems not to be decisive for the hard liners.

The real motive will be difficult to confirm. Let's not forget that the attackers were neutralised at 0,43 miles from the parking lot of the center/Christmas party. It took +4 hours to block the SUV after a road block ? Time line and double crime scenes are not consistent.

post-171721-14492091999402_thumb.jpg

Edited by Thorgal

Yeah right. They just happened to go "really berserk" and stayed berserk over a period of time to accumulate assault weapons, learn how to use them, large amounts of IED's and ammunition.

Of course, their ethnicity and religion had nothing to do with it. Just a work place irritation. Possibly no free sodas or had to buy their own tea and coffee; enough to send anyone berserk.

Your attempts at defending all connected to Islam and maintenance of PC are noted, as usual.

Thorgal, on 04 Dec 2015 - 13:06, said:
NeverSure, on 04 Dec 2015 - 12:12, said:
Thorgal, on 04 Dec 2015 - 11:15, said:

Weapons used in Paris originated from Zastava weapons manufacturer. They were imported clandestinely through the black market from Macedonia. Although the affected countries, Belgium and France, have reputable weapons manufacturers like FNC and Famas, these models are not available for public purchase.

The weapons used in San Bernardino are AR-15's, the Walmart version that you can find between the milk and the butter in every Walmart. The 30 or 100 rounds ammo magazines are available all over the US.

Wether the use of fully automatic and/or semi-automatic weapons should be legalised in the US is a debate that I'm not really interested in. Too many mass shootings and gun fire fatalities seems not to be decisive for the hard liners.

The real motive will be difficult to confirm. Let's not forget that the attackers were neutralised at 0,43 miles from the parking lot of the center/Christmas party. It took +4 hours to block the SUV after a road block ? Time line and double crime scenes are not consistent.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1449209199.785481.jpg

AR15's are soooo old school.

That looks like pimped M16 to me.

Thorgal, on 04 Dec 2015 - 13:06, said:

NeverSure, on 04 Dec 2015 - 12:12, said:

Thorgal, on 04 Dec 2015 - 11:15, said:

Quote from link :

"The rifles were variants of the popular AR-15, the semiautomatic civilian version of a military M-16."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/04/us/weapons-in-san-bernardino-shootings-were-legally-obtained.html?_r=0

Thorgal, on 04 Dec 2015 - 14:00, said:
SgtRock, on 04 Dec 2015 - 13:48, said:
Thorgal, on 04 Dec 2015 - 13:06, said:Weapons used in Paris originated from Zastava weapons manufacturer. They were imported clandestinely through the black market from Macedonia. Although the affected countries, Belgium and France, have reputable weapons manufacturers like FNC and Famas, these models are not available for public purchase.

Quote from link :

"The rifles were variants of the popular AR-15, the semiautomatic civilian version of a military M-16."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/04/us/weapons-in-san-bernardino-shootings-were-legally-obtained.html?_r=0

OK. We are getting off topic.

I know what an AR15 and an M16 and all the variants in between are.

Yeah right. They just happened to go "really berserk" and stayed berserk over a period of time to accumulate assault weapons, learn how to use them, large amounts of IED's and ammunition.

Of course, their ethnicity and religion had nothing to do with it. Just a work place irritation. Possibly no free sodas or had to buy their own tea and coffee; enough to send anyone berserk.

Your attempts at defending all connected to Islam and maintenance of PC are noted, as usual.

Lol. What's this, a day after the shootings and you come up with that? When the news broke, I was the first on this forum to blame Islamist terrorism as a possibility and likely. Until we get evidence, certainty is not possible.

And I didn't use ethnicity or religion to form my speculation.

Thorgal, on 04 Dec 2015 - 14:00, said:
SgtRock, on 04 Dec 2015 - 13:48, said:
Thorgal, on 04 Dec 2015 - 13:06, said:Weapons used in Paris originated from Zastava weapons manufacturer. They were imported clandestinely through the black market from Macedonia. Although the affected countries, Belgium and France, have reputable weapons manufacturers like FNC and Famas, these models are not available for public purchase.

Quote from link :

Yes Sarge! You do...including your quoted "pimped version".

cheesy.gif

Quite the military expert. blink.png

Seastallion, on 04 Dec 2015 - 15:04, said:
SgtRock, on 04 Dec 2015 - 14:08, said:
Thorgal, on 04 Dec 2015 - 14:00, said:Thorgal, on 04 Dec 2015 - 14:00, said:
SgtRock, on 04 Dec 2015 - 13:48, said:SgtRock, on 04 Dec 2015 - 13:48, said:

Quote from link :

Yes Sarge! You do...including your quoted "pimped version".

cheesy.gif

Quite the military expert. blink.png

If you care to look at the picture provided by Thorgal. You might notice that there are a few non standard attachments and fittings, therefore the term pimped.

I am surprised that a man of your imagined talents did not notice them.

Time for you to go for a lie down.

All these shooting, though some were clearly staged for political reasons, nevertheless makes me think about an old movie "The Manchurian Candidate " It had some real world merit: What is a MK Ultra Victim?

Project MKUltra — sometimes referred to as the CIA's mind control program — was the code name given to a illegal and clandestine program of experiments on human subjects, designed and undertaken by the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

Edited by slerickson