Main suspect in Hells Angel murder case arrested in Cambodia

webfact

Main suspect in Hells Angel murder case arrested in Cambodia

susp.jpg
Image: Kampuchea Thmey Daily

PHNOM PENH:-- Anthony Bagnato, the Australian man wanted in connection with the abduction and murder of a former Hells Angel in Pattaya, has been arrested in Phnom Penh.

Bagnato, 26, had been identified by Thai police as the leader of a five man gang involved in the abduction of Mr Wayne Rodeny Scheinder, 37, from his luxury villa in Pattaya in the early hours of Monday morning.

Schneider, a gang leader and former “most wanted” criminal in his native Australia with previous arrests for robbery, drug trafficking and assault, was found dead in a shallow grave in Sattahip district on Wednesday, close to an area commonly known as “Big Buddha HIll”.

The capture in Cambodia of Bagnato, comes after Thai police issued a warrant for his arrest and follows the arrest on Wednesday of his Thai wife, after it was revealed that she hired a pickup truck used in the abduction of Mr Schneider.

Thai media reported that Bagnato’s Thai wife had denied involvement in the crime. However, she did admit to police that her husband told her to erase all text messages and call records related to the hiring of the pick up truck.

Thaivisa will bring more information on this breaking news story as soon as it becomes available.

Source

tvn.png
-- 2015-12-04

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schneider, a gang leader and former “most wanted” criminal in his native Australia with previous arrests for robbery, drug trafficking and assault, was found dead in a shallow grave in Sattahip district on Wednesday, close to an area commonly known as “Big Buddha HIll”.

... was, by all appearances holidaying in Thailand quite legally. He had paid rent six months in advance so not intent on hiding. His house guests have similar pedigrees - so how many more criminals are walking in and out of Thailand, unhindered?

Thailand - the hub of SE Asian crime: send us your wicked, your murderous, your psychotic - so long as they have money...

Why do we get these scumbags here?

These bikie types are a problem in AUS & should be denied passports to stop them from spreading their bad actions & habits in other countries.

I'm a proud Aussie & don't like to see Australia's reputation tarnished by these useless types, usually, on AUS social welfare payments as can't hold down a job (unemployable).

Hope Thai court finds him guilty & locks him up for life, useless piece of s**t !!!

How did this scum get caught. I imagine that its easy to hide out in Cambodia. There are plenty of low class farang doing just that as we speak

Because, thank God, he's not the shiniest spanner in the set. Hiring a pickup equipped with GPS is fairly strong evidence of that.

Australian man Antonio Bagnato arrested following murder of ex-Hells Angel in Thailand
Ava Benny-Morrison and Lindsay Murdoch in Bangkok

A key suspect in the kidnapping and murder of former Sydney Hells Angel bikie and underworld figure Wayne Scheinder in Thailand has turned himself in.

Sources have told Fairfax Media Sydney man Antonio Bagnato, 26, was detained in Phnom Penh after handing himself in. He may have since been extradited to Bangkok.

Mr Bagnato is wanted for questioning over the death of Mr Schneider, whose naked body was found in a shallow grave near the Thai tourist city of Pattaya on Monday.

Full story: http://www.smh.com.au/world/australian-man-antonio-bagnato-arrested-following-murder-of-exhells-angel-in-thailand-20151204-glfmh6.html

smh.jpg
-- Sydney Morning Herald 2015-12-04

How did this scum get caught. I imagine that its easy to hide out in Cambodia. There are plenty of low class farang doing just that as we speak

Because, thank God, he's not the shiniest spanner in the set. Hiring a pickup equipped with GPS is fairly strong evidence of that.

I agree he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I'm pretty sure he had no idea the truck had a GPS tracking device installed. IIRC the truck wasn't returned to the rental firm and probably wouldn't have been found for several days if the owner hadn't had the tracking device installed. I imagine they were counting on that.

I believe, like so many people have indicated on previous threads on this topic, that he nor his wife were aware of the technology re GPS on vehicles. I also believe that his wife is not directly and knowingly involved with this crime. She, like many farang wives, was just doing without question what her farang husband ordered her to do. Time will tell. What is becoming more apparent, I hope, is the increased cooperation between Thai and other international police organizations.

Perhaps he should have warn long trousers eh.......facepalm.gif

Catching him would of been straight forward. take a look at him. 100 % criminal scumbag haircut,scumbag face , no dress sense and tattoos.

Cambodian police would of been alerted to his presence in Cambodia and he stood out in Pen like a shag on a rock.

These guys think they are so smart and tough with their useless tatts, how smart are they now getting caught so easy, not much brains. "If the rule they followed brought them to this, what use was the rule?" - Sorry that was taken from "No country for old men" movie but it is an apt question.

Hmm, minus the victim and now minus the perpetrator, somehow, I suspect he is not going to like it where he is going, good job Cambodia and Thailand.

Too many rights for criminals in OZ, but not over here, ha ha ha.

One less criminal in on the street , I hope he likes rotten rice and fish heads .

-----------------------------------------

Typical arrogance and stupidity on his part.

He knew the police were looking for him Thailand so he decided to cross the border to Cambodia.

he was caught trying to get out of Thailand into Cambodia.

Hemust have assumed that all Thai police were stupid and couldn't tell one Farang from another anyhow.

Well looks like more than one of these numpties will get taken from circulation.

No sadness here. I don't mind bikers, just no space in my world for the lunatic ones.

The idea of renting a car to commit a murder is absurd, steal one just before....

But to not check it for GPS in either, in this day and age? Dumb and dumber.

Blind leading the dead, to the edge and over.

I agree he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I'm pretty sure he had no idea the truck had a GPS tracking device installed. IIRC the truck wasn't returned to the rental firm and probably wouldn't have been found for several days if the owner hadn't had the tracking device installed. I imagine they were counting on that.

Why rent a car in the first place, crime gangs would normally steal a car or truck in this case used it and then dispose of the car.

Well looks like more than one of these numpties will get taken from circulation.

No sadness here. I don't mind bikers, just no space in my world for the lunatic ones.

The idea of renting a car to commit a murder is absurd, steal one just before....

But to not check it for GPS in either, in this day and age? Dumb and dumber.

Blind leading the dead, to the edge and over.

How does one check a car for a GPS tracker ?

Perhaps he should have warn long trousers eh.......facepalm.gif

Catching him would of been straight forward. take a look at him. 100 % criminal scumbag haircut,scumbag face , no dress sense and tattoos.

Cambodian police would of been alerted to his presence in Cambodia and he stood out in Pen like a shag on a rock.

What a typical prejudiced statement ... I have a short haircut, some might say I have a "scumbag" face and I have tattoos ... does that make me a criminal. Not it doesn't. If they were to arrest everyone based on your prejudices they would have cells full of innocent people.

If you have a scumbag face then yes, it means you are a scumbag....why...you yourself say you look like a scumbag.

As for the tattoos....nothing wrong in looking like a cartoon but some people do not like them, believe it or not some view them as a badge of stupidity......

Edited by namatjira

One less criminal in on the street , I hope he likes rotten rice and fish heads .

-----------------------------------------

Typical arrogance and stupidity on his part.

He knew the police were looking for him Thailand so he decided to cross the border to Cambodia.

he was caught trying to get out of Thailand into Cambodia.

Hemust have assumed that all Thai police were stupid and couldn't tell one Farang from another anyhow.

The way i read it - he turned himself in to Cambodian police! See (post 11)

Edited by Varangkul