Authorities aware of Islamic State terrorist arrivals in Phuket since October

snoop1130

Mr Santi explained that after receiving the warning, he was immediately in contact with the Phuket Provincial Police and the Phuket Governor to ensure all necessary security measures were put in place.

Interpretation and meaning of the above statement: "Yah, Yah ........Leave it on my desk"

Cheers

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or maybe the terrorist just hiding in Phuket like all the other low life in there, or just soaking some surf and sun by taking a hiatus

from fighting..who really knows where the truth lies, only when the bodies will start to pile up, that we will know...

Or maybe they are re-incarnated suicide bombers who have come to the last place in the world to try to find their 72 virgins.

If the Authorities know there is a given number of "terrorists" heading for know destinations, then it follows they must know who these people are? In that case, why do we not have names and photos of these people in the media domain so that everyone can look out for them and report any sightings. Oh, sorry, that's using logic and TIT!whistling.gif

The authorities in Paris knew also about the terrorists coming and let them do their dirty work for 3.5 h before doing anything.

Now they have what they want: A all-pass to bomb Syria.

New anti farangs laws are not welcomed as well as they thought, Thailand needs an all-pass to go much further on Farangs crackdown.

Thai immigration are so incompetent it's hilarious.

Terrorists coming into the country with the full knowledge of the authorities. Meanwhile, immigration officials scowl their faces and threaten people with blacklisting and fines if they don't report their location every 90 days. .....like the Thai police, they will never ever attempt to arrest a real criminal as there is too much easy money to be made by threatening law abiding people over made up rules

If anything, it's situations like these that suggest address reporting every 10 days or so would be more effective. Just like the sim registration thing, true bad guys are more likely to circumvent the hoops instead of jumping through them like lemmings the way most 'good' folks would do, thus at the very least it's going to help you trim down the sample size.

thumbsup.gif

cc: [email protected]

I have lived here for 10 years, i have seen shootings, beatings, hit and runs, more suicides than WWII Japan, what fear are a bunch of ISIS terrorists going to offer me. Bring them on i,ve been in training for 10 years.

i have seen ??? or heard/read about whistling.gif

Quote : Mr Santi explained that after receiving the warning, he was immediately in contact with the Phuket Provincial Police and the Phuket Governor to ensure all necessary security measures were put in place.

The warning specifically noted that security should be increased around Russian buildings and personnel, so we have installed more CCTV at the consulate and increased the frequency of our security rounds, he said.

This statement is, in a nutshell, a summary of how hopeless every country is in the face of terrorism.

1/ It takes a very short time for a suicide bomber to kill a lot of people, and by the time he's done that, he blows himself to heaven and its famous virgins, so what are the chances of stopping such a nutcase ? Next to nil.

2/ Whether you have 2 security cameras or 200, what do you see on them before something bad happens ? Nothing. Just people milling around, because terrorists don't walk around with an 'ISIS' tee-shirt on.

3/ All these 'preventive' measures are therefore, in effect, placebo measures, and all these cameras may prove useful after the attack, to understand what happened and how, but that's about all they can do.

I asked some Thais, if they worry now we know that ISI is in Thailand....

They did not know who ISI is and asked me, if they were bad people........

Did you really describe them to thais as "I-See"

Please don't encourage bad english among the thais….it's bad enough already.

I see a solution here. Arab terrorists seem a bunch of angry full of rage kinda of people. How about we bring them all to Thailand and get them to spend a few weeks in pattaya and pucket. There's a good chance they'll forget allah and sharia etc. who needs 71 Arab hairy virgins when there are so many women here that can do unimaginable things to them. They'll have no physical or mental energy to do anything else. One Thai chicki babe=71 Arab virgins and perhaps more.

Farangs comments are always so negative in this forum. Just a lot of grumpy old men venting their lack of testosterone. Grow a smile boys, and stop being so sarcastic, and rude. If you can't be genuinely constructive then just keep complaining to yourself. You are guests in the Kingdom, so enjoy the reason you came to live in Thailand in the first place — or go home.

Another one of the "if you don't like it, go home" brigade. Try telling the guys who genuinely love Thailand and it's people, they are guests in the Kingdom when they have been messed

about by Immigration officials who make up their own rules.

Forget this "guests" carry on, we are just tolerated because of our contribution to the economy.

if you genuinely loved Thailand you would realize that many Thais are Muslims and wouldnt make stupid comments about throwing them out

Farangs comments are always so negative in this forum. Just a lot of grumpy old men venting their lack of testosterone. Grow a smile boys, and stop being so sarcastic, and rude. If you can't be genuinely constructive then just keep complaining to yourself. You are guests in the Kingdom, so enjoy the reason you came to live in Thailand in the first place — or go home.

Another one of the "if you don't like it, go home" brigade. Try telling the guys who genuinely love Thailand and it's people, they are guests in the Kingdom when they have been messed

Forget this "guests" carry on, we are just tolerated because of our contribution to the economy.

if you genuinely loved Thailand you would realize that many Thais are Muslims and wouldnt make stupid comments about throwing them out

I am actually referring to the Muslims who don't live here. Do you want to see another atrocity like the Erawan Shrine?

Many Thais are Muslims?? Do you refer to about 5% as many? Who's the one with the stupid comment now?

I find it troubling that days after the leak; Thai officials still haven't identified the document authenticity.

Is it that difficult for Thai officials to make high-level contact within Russia officials?

How long should it take to get official validation given the potential risks?

Maybe there isn't a process yet in place for this and Thai officials are scrambling around trying to figure it out on what to do next causing undue delay.

Or could it be a delay tactic to come up with what to tell the public. I think there are those that do not want to alarm anyone for various reasons, to include the smooth continuation of foreign tourist visiting and plan on visiting LOS.

Thai immigration are so incompetent it's hilarious.

Terrorists coming into the country with the full knowledge of the authorities. Meanwhile, immigration officials scowl their faces and threaten people with blacklisting and fines if they don't report their location every 90 days. .....like the Thai police, they will never ever attempt to arrest a real criminal as there is too much easy money to be made by threatening law abiding people over made up rules

in thailand (and asia -all third world countrys ) u become police not becaue u wanna help anyone or are a special law abiding citicen ... the reason is u can make money ( alot of money much more than anyone else with education ) from bribes...thats the only reason ....so dont be surprised if in the face of real danger they all fail ...it is part of the system....

that's not correct. What constitutes "many". Force conversion to Islam does not count.

I am actually referring to the Muslims who don't live here. Do you want to see another atrocity like the Erawan Shrine?

Many Thais are Muslims?? Do you refer to about 5% as many? Who's the one with the stupid comment now?

3 million??? you have to be slightly delusional not to consider that as many

the first thing that would have to be done to implement your cunning plan is for thailand to leave asean because the majority of its members are muslim

that's not correct. What constitutes "many". Force conversion to Islam does not count.

force conversion? they were born to muslin families. there are mosques all thru this country because oddly enough there are millions of muslims living here and only a few farang and crazy monks have a problem with it.

force conversion? they were born to muslin families. there are mosques all thru this country because oddly enough there are millions of muslims living here and only a few farang and crazy monks have a problem with it.

i think you missed the point. Let me explain. Islam was forced in SEA. Whether it was five years ago or five hundred is irrelevant. The Muslim population is a tiny minority. I have not met a Thai who speaks positively of their Muslim countrymen. And yes those minority are the cause of terrorist attacks in Thailand. similar to those carried out by Muslims elsewhere. I think it's important for non-Muslim countries to keep their Muslim population under control. Ideally they would all go to Muslim land and create the ultimate Islamic state as Isis is trying to do. We'll be at peace and they'll be at peace. Win-win for all.

Democratic nations must try to find ways to starve the terrorist and the hijacker of the oxygen of publicity on which they depend.

I suppose as this is not a democratic nation this doesn't apply here. Instead of investigating the threat and either neutralising it or proving it false the authorities have managed to simultaneously look as if they are trying to cover up their incompetence (unlikely) or deliberately trying to sow the seeds of panic and damage their own tourism industry (more likely)

Ah yes, I remember that.

It meant that any news report of IRA statements had to be dubbed. That was about it.

It also didn't work, as many of Thatchers plans.

Archived