Authorities aware of Islamic State terrorist arrivals in Phuket since October

snoop1130

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for Thailand to stop allowing tourists from Arab and Muslim countries in, which includes Muslims from western countries. This is not a time to be

politically correct.[/quote

If they stopped all Muslims coming in then Bumrungrad Hospital which is the Muslims 3rd most important holy shrine would go out of business.

On a serious note if they know the terrorists movements such as they claim (Pattaya, Phuket and 2 in Bangkok etc.) then why don't they go and pick them up now.

this information should not be a surprise to anyone whos lived/living in thailand. Im sure isis has been here for a long time and to think that they have not or are not chilling out in one of the muslim communities is just ignoring the truth. I was just attempting to convince myself terrorists need sabai sabai from their cause and dont want to mess up a good thing. coffee1.gif

Time for Thailand to stop allowing tourists from Arab and Muslim countries in, which includes Muslims from western countries. This is not a time to be politically correct.

Sounds like a good way of painting a target on the country and saying "bomb me"

Democratic nations must try to find ways to starve the terrorist and the hijacker of the oxygen of publicity on which they depend.

I suppose as this is not a democratic nation this doesn't apply here. Instead of investigating the threat and either neutralising it or proving it false the authorities have managed to simultaneously look as if they are trying to cover up their incompetence (unlikely) or deliberately trying to sow the seeds of panic and damage their own tourism industry (more likely)

Time for Thailand to stop allowing tourists from Arab and Muslim countries in, which includes Muslims from western countries. This is not a time to be politically correct.

Good to see we are all reacting in a rational way.

Good to see we are all reacting in a rational way.

It wouldn't work anyway, a lot of terrorists have western passports, home grown nutters. PC bites you in the butt in the end.

It's not a time to be an idiot either. Most terrorists are brown eyed males. Kill all brown eyed males.

I'm OK, my eyes are blue.

Or maybe the terrorist just hiding in Phuket like all the other low life in there, or just soaking some surf and sun by taking a hiatus

from fighting..who really knows where the truth lies, only when the bodies will start to pile up, that we will know...

Don't panic they are on R and R wai2.gif

Farangs comments are always so negative in this forum. Just a lot of grumpy old men venting their lack of testosterone. Grow a smile boys, and stop being so sarcastic, and rude. If you can't be genuinely constructive then just keep complaining to yourself. You are guests in the Kingdom, so enjoy the reason you came to live in Thailand in the first place — or go home.

yes we are aware, we just didn't want to mention it in case tourists decided to stay away for their safety.

Well that's going to happen anyway, things are quiet at the moment and Christmas bookings are not very heartening. Ridiculous really, as there are sure to be many more would be "terrorist attackers" in the streets of London, Paris and Frankfurt than there are in Thailand. Just needs a few advisories to go out and high season goes for a burton. I sometimes wonder if rival tourist destinations don't put this stuff out to boost their own touit numbers.

Yes, time for Thailand to adopt Japans example and keep all Muslims out.

The government needs to understand that Thai people also die in these attacks, not just Russian or other Farang. You would think they should care enough to issue warnings.

The government does not care about the high fatalities on their roads, so why should they

worry about people dying in terrorist attacks? Oh wait! Tourism.

I asked some Thais, if they worry now we know that ISI is in Thailand....

They did not know who ISI is and asked me, if they were bad people........

Thais really not care about the world around them (Until it is to late) facepalm.gif

wai.gif

Anyway: Happy birthday to Father WPFflags.gif

They are only being labelled as ISIS terrorists because the Russians say so. Understand the Russians are strongly aligned with the Syrian government, and the list of enemies is a mile long.

The Thai government got well-played by the Chinese. Maybe it's the Russians's turn.

And what will they gain from this ? Nothing, so why would they do it, only you know.

I would doubt if Russia would play games with Thailand. Thailand is a non-starter for a country like Russia. Plenty of Russians come here but I would doubt if Russia would consider it to be a country of significance

Farangs comments are always so negative in this forum. Just a lot of grumpy old men venting their lack of testosterone. Grow a smile boys, and stop being so sarcastic, and rude. If you can't be genuinely constructive then just keep complaining to yourself. You are guests in the Kingdom, so enjoy the reason you came to live in Thailand in the first place — or go home.

Another one of the "if you don't like it, go home" brigade. Try telling the guys who genuinely love Thailand and it's people, they are guests in the Kingdom when they have been messed

about by Immigration officials who make up their own rules.

Forget this "guests" carry on, we are just tolerated because of our contribution to the economy.

They are only being labelled as ISIS terrorists because the Russians say so. Understand the Russians are strongly aligned with the Syrian government, and the list of enemies is a mile long.

The Thai government got well-played by the Chinese. Maybe it's the Russians's turn.

And what will they gain from this ? Nothing, so why would they do it, only you know.

I would doubt if Russia would play games with Thailand. Thailand is a non-starter for a country like Russia. Plenty of Russians come here but I would doubt if Russia would consider it to be a country of significance

In an article in the Nation posted on this forum Russian Ambassador to Thailand has advised not aware of the IS terrorism alert - what's really going on? You would think he would be one of the first alerted if there is a substantive advisory from Russian intelligence.

Why are there no immigration cam photos of those "terrorists" ? Why could they enter, who issued the visa and why?

Big cluster-<deleted>. !!! Well done, Thailand! hit-the-fan.gif

Meanwhile the RTP and other officials will continue to "clean up Thailand" by arresting some unfortunate tax paying tour or dive company employees who (for whatever reason) managed to run into a few days of "overstay"... What a bloody muppet show Thai immigration and RTP really are. Beyond disgust!

A Deputy HonConsul ?!?

First of all if they had solid info why didn't they catch them?

What are they waiting for? the attack first and then will say oh we knew it might happen ? Secondly I see a lot of rubbish comments here about saying how people from the Middle East or any Muslims even from the west shouldn't be here , well why don't we start with the country that created the IS at the first place ?!?!

I just pray and hope nothing bad happens in Thailand and this story is one of those kind which is made out of speculation.

We want to live without fear and in peace it's that simple.

In an article in the Nation posted on this forum Russian Ambassador to Thailand has advised not aware of the IS terrorism alert - what's really going on? You would think he would be one of the first alerted if there is a substantive advisory from Russian intelligence.

Maybe it's something like,''You buy our oil and we wont ruin your tourism''

Maybe it's something like,''You buy our oil and we wont ruin your tourism''

Think you got a point there SB! thumbsup.gif

Archived