December 5th fireworks - what time?

slafriphos

There are always fireworks for the King and Queen's birthdays.

Maybe in Bangkok, but I see nothing planned for Pattaya

Some years ago I was in Pattaya on Dec 5.

There was "some kind" of firework in the distance.

But that was a fairly small firework maybe privately done by a hotel or so.

if it was to be an oddball time 19:27 would have been more appropriate as it is 88 years ago...

Never understand things like this - they advertise for weeks ahead about Jet Ski world cup in Jomtien etc all over town but everyone has to take a guess on such an important date.

Same with their street parades that many expats living here, tourist visiting Pattaya, or even Thais would like to view. (I think that is what parades are for- to have an audience & be promoting some holiday or awareness.) So parades such as the Naklua Vegetarian Festival parade in October, World AIDS Observance Day Parade on Dec.1st, Cancer Awareness Parade, High Season Police Awareness Parade held last month, the St Patricks parade and a few more are never properly listed to my knowledge. The city authorities just block off Beach Rd north or Central, causing a huge traffic jam and have the participants do their thing. (maybe there is no money in it)

Edited by toenail

with all the bars closed wont be a lot of people about

No bar closures thumbsup.gif

Good luck trying to find somewhere open, you will but be drinking out of cups

most although not all bars and gogos were open as usual with lights tv's drinks no problem....................as has been the case for the last few years in pattaya on dec 5th................it was simply a matter of choice, no compultion to close even the bars beside soi 9 cop shop were trading normally

the fireworks were pretty brief near the pattaya city sign