Cambodian Visa Question

Hi, I got a Cambodian visa through a travel company and was surprised to see that the expiry date is February of 2016. I was expecting a 30 day visa.

But when I entered Cambodia, the stamp that I received on my departure card has a "permitted until" date that is 30 days after my arrival.

Question: I'm planning to stay in Cambodia about a week beyond the 30 days stamped on the departure card. Do I need to get a new stamp? The visa is valid until February so I don't think I need to extend it.

Moving this to the Cambodia visa forum.

Visa validity and length of stay are two different things, the validity of a visa is the time interval in which it can be used (usually 3 months of date of issuance), i.e. you needed to have entered before February 2016. Has nothing to do with how long you are allowed to stay, only with when you are allowed to enter.

In Cambodia tourist visas are for 30 days which will be indicated in the stamp you get from immigration when you enter, this shows the date you must leave by.

You can extend for an additional 30 days, any travel agent or tour company can do this for you. I usually use Lucky moto on Monivong near St 182, but any number of places will do and cost varies by not more than a few dollars. $45 sounds about right give or take.

Archived