Serviced Apartments...

The Mask

I am looking for a decent serviced apartment along the skytrain route for around 20,000 baht a month - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Apologies in advance if this has been asked before but I have been out of the loop for awhile.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Boss Tower is quite far from the BTS. It is located on Rama 4 Rd, whereas the BTS line runs along Sukumvit Road. I would consider Boss Tower to be "out" if you are looking to be close to a BTS. Boss Tower is also rather dated now, I would consider it to be "well used".

Check the Bangkok Post classified section. There are many apartments advertised there within your budget.

Hmmmm There's a place right before Soi Onnut (Suk 77) about a 5 minute walk to the skytrain. New building ... good entryway and security. Carpark etc Close to the Onnut Fresh Market That is NICE .... very clean ... Sadly I am not in BKK again until the 11th of Nov to check out the name.

(I looked at the place and think it was about 14k/mo for a 1BR)

If you look to the left in the direction of travel towards Onnut after crossing the Khlong and before Soi Onnut you will see it clearly!

Hi

I'm guessing that you want a short let apartment which has everything you might need i.e. kitchen stuff, washing machine, bed linen etc.?

Been doing some investigation myself though with different requirements. Basically, you may be hard pressed to find a serviced short let apt within your price range & within BTS walking distance. But if you're happy to catch a motorbike taxi to your nearest BTS then you can open your options up.

Here's a few:

1) Boss Tower as previously mentioned. Sure, it's tatty, some rooms have roaches! But the location isn't too bad - you can get a motorbike for 10-15 baht to Thong Lor BTS. For 30 baht they can take you to Emporium. And Carrefour and Tesco Lotus are right on your doorstep. (We're staying here at the moment)

2) House by the Pond

It's off Sukhumvit Soi 22. It's quite nice, but we noticed a few building works around which may not be too peaceful!

3) Novel Place

A bit of a hike to Aree station, but a very quiet calm area.

4) Patumwan House

Never visited but had friends who stayed there and said it was OK. Very near National Stadium.

5) This website may also be useful serviced apartments

just wanted to add a few more, but which don't exactly fit your requirements:

38 Mansion

Between Sukhumvit and Rama IV, at least a 15 minute walk to Thong Lor BTS. Rooms were spacious but a bit old.

Boon's Residence on Soi Langsuan was very nice. Tel: 02 652 2255.

There may also be serviced apartments round Silom area which we didn't look at.

I am looking for a decent serviced apartment along the skytrain route for around 20,000 baht a month - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Apologies in advance if this has been asked before but I have been out of the loop for awhile.

Thanks,

can get some info here:

http://www.thaiapartment.com/ServicedApartment/Index.asp

Thanks for all the input, from the above website i saw a place called 'sathorn villa' (http://www.sathorn-villa.com/), it looks very nice for the price, does anyone have any experience with it?