Thai police are hunting 4 Syrians on overstay following leaked ISIS threat

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

these may or may not be the people reported by Russia FSB, but either way it is interesting that because there is focus on people from Syria they have now found 4 people on overstay, why are they not looking for people on overstay all the time

Bearing in mind they don't even bother looking for people who have been issued with warrants of arrest, this is small potatoes. Innit.

What a weird world. Hundreds of thousand of them flee their country to Europe and ask for help and asylum and these "quality tourists" go on a vacation to Thailand? Well Mr. NAWFAL HASSOUN Thailand too expensive? Then why not go to Germany? There you will get accommodation, spending money, medical services, food, drinks and decent clothes for free...

Two important questions:

1- How do officials know if the ISIS members (that were referred to in the police memo as having entered Thailand from Syria in October) are even Syrian nationals?

2 - If they are Syrian nationals how do officials know they even traveled in on Syrian passports?

They could be of any nationality and traveling on a passport from any country. Looking for people who entered Thailand on Syrian passports seems futile.

Maybe a good start would be to try contacting him at the Thai company he has worked for since 2011 as Global Manager.

https://th.linkedin.com/in/kassabian-hagop-6017a716

Or even contact through his

Thai wife who is linked on his FB page... Can't believe he would be ISIS, probably just on overstay nothing more... He's done shows at a few bars in Bangkok over the years

There appear to be some very knowledgeable posters here!

Perhaps they can tell us why the vastly superior Western Police/Intelligence Services fail to detect and arrest the bad guys before they kill people ?

France, England, Scotland, Australia, America etc !

Hmm, let's see, we have no clue as to how to track any ISIS terrorist in LOS, let alone check if the memo was true, yet we have to show that we do something or there will be consequences...4

What can we do?

How about run the immigration database on over-stayers?

Bingo ! We have found four Syrians on overstay!

Surely if they are on overstay they must be terrorists right?

One name is clearly an Armenian and Armenians are christian orthodox.

I just saw the FaceBook page of a guy that looks like subject A who is of Armenian descent from Lebenon. A manager of a company in BKK married to a Thai lady for 9 years. Also says he lives in Chaiyphum. Looks like a mixup on this poor guy.

Let the scapegoat hunting season begin again, first Burma, then Uighar and now Syrians....

Considering that most terrorist attacks have links to Syria or Syrians, just how are they scapegoating?....If a man in a white shirt and red pants robs a bank, you don't go looking for a guy in a blue shirt and black pants.

ExpatBrit. I understand the subtle point you are making with your question, and which is indeed valid.

I think that I am correct in saying that the leader of the 9/11 terrorists piloting one of the planes, was

a guy called Mohammed Etta, who was at the time in the USA on an expired education visa.

So much for the American immigration authorities at that time (although one would like to think that

there is far tighter and better control of "overstays", these days)!

Okay...so we went from "there might be a threat...to Russians" over "Believe us, there is no threat..." to " Khao sarn and Walking Street might be targets" and on to "It is these 4 Syrian guys"...and some other on-and-off- hogwash, in basically 2,5 days!

Intelligence and RTP!

but the terrorists entered 16-30.10, not before that.

most probably those 10 suspects already left, on any other passport, but syrian. Only after 15.12, when their tourist visa expires, emmigration will know, who they were.

16-30.10?

Is that code? It's certainly not a date on this planet.

It's sleeper cell comms. They use TV all the time. :)

ExpatBrit. I understand the subtle point you are making with your question, and which is indeed valid.

I think that I am correct in saying that the leader of the 9/11 terrorists piloting one of the planes, was

a guy called Mohammed Etta, who was at the time in the USA on an expired education visa.

So much for the American immigration authorities at that time (although one would like to think that

there is far tighter and better control of "overstays", these days)!

It is illegal for American police to ask about your immigration status.

Dear Royal Thai police,

There is something called the Internet. Sometimes you can use it to find things out that you didn't otherwise know. Here is something it took me 3 minutes to find out.

Hagop Kassabian (Mr.)Hagop_1.png

Managing Director

Email: [email protected]

Mobile: +66 (0) 85 486 3388

There is something else called e-mail. You can use it to send messages. When you want to send me the reward please e-mail me at [email protected] and I will give you my bank account details.

Let the scapegoat hunting season begin again, first Burma, then Uighar and now Syrians....

Considering that most terrorist attacks have links to Syria or Syrians, just how are they scapegoating?....If a man in a white shirt and red pants robs a bank, you don't go looking for a guy in a blue shirt and black pants.

Huh? Where do you get this from? Fox News? It's terrorists from other countries, maybe yours, going to Syria on the Saudi payroll that are the IS.

Dear Royal Thai police,

There is something called the Internet. Sometimes you can use it to find things out that you didn't otherwise know. Here is something it took me 3 minutes to find out.

Managing Director

There is something else called e-mail. You can use it to send messages. When you want to send me the reward please e-mail me at [email protected] and I will give you my bank account details.

Congrats, we have your reward and have sent you an email. Please provide your banking details ASAP.

Regards RTP

Dear Royal Thai police,

Managing Director

If he is on overstay, they are entitled to hunt him down.

Like the shootings in America this week. The fella worked for the company for 5 years, yet nobody new he had any terrorist connections. The idea of terrorist organisations using 'sleepers' is not new, some in Britain may have lived there years, have a steady job, and nobody would find out about any connections to terrorism until it is too late.

I am in no way saying he is connected, by why overstay ?

Well, they've already told any possible actual Jihadists that they're coming, and wonder why they can't find them.. (if such are really here).. Now they've dug up 4 Syrians on overstay and we're all supposed to think 'Wow, great job!!' like we're all dumb enough to assume the likely spurious connections we're being blatsntly spoon-fed!!.. add to this the easily panic-prompting 'ISIS are here!! ISIS are here!! (We've known for a bit, but NOW we're going to think about doing something about it!)' followed by 'No, no.. jai yen yen.. it's just an advisory, folks!' and it becomes pretty evident that (as always!) there really is a massive incomprehensible 'disconnect' in how these things are analysed and dealt with, here... (and I actually HATE the often knee-jerk anti-Thai sentiments too often posted so self-rightiously on TV.. but what can you say, sometimes?!')...

Edited by spectrumisgreen