Thai police are hunting 4 Syrians on overstay following leaked ISIS threat

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It specifically indicates that four travelled to Pattaya, two to Phuket and two to Bangkok and two to unknown destinations. The alleged terrorists whereabouts and names were not identified. According to the FSB warning, their goal is to perpetrate attacks against Russian interests in the kingdom

They know this much about these alleged terrorists and they KNEW the seriousness of their intent, but they can't tell where their final destination was. The whole thing is a load of <deleted>.

I'd say they weren't aware at the time but after being notified they've manage to track down their destinations.

The final destination of a jihadi suicide bomber is heaven with virgins

What do the female jihadis get? 75 lamb kabobs?

It was very unkind of these 4 to make it difficult for the RTP. If only they had requested and filled in their TM28s regularly, the poor police would know how to find them easily....

Would all potential terrorists please take note - these forms are there for a reason. Please use them!

Edited by bangon04

Let the scapegoat hunting season begin again, first Burma, then Uighar and now Syrians....

Why scapegoat? Do you recall the Iranians who tried to murder people in Bangkok? What's so different here?

Although, I do have reservations about Hagop. That's a very Armenian name, and a Christian one at that.

Don't you find it somewhat odd that Syrians have the ability to travel to Thailand on "vacation" when millions of their country men and women are refugees? To be able to do that, one is either part of the barbaric Assad regime, or part of the ISIL group. What are they doing in Thailand? Are they selling ISIL oil or purchasing weapons?

Not really odd that Syrians have the ability to travel to Thailand. There are 100's of thousands of Syrians working outside of Syria, particularly Saudi and other parts of the ME. This was before the civil war erupted in their home country. I have worked with Syrians in Egypt as well as Saudi and find them to be well travelled, visa issues permitting.

It is a shame that the vast majority of peaceful Syrians are now tarnished with the terrorism / Assad regime brush and that can only become more pronounced as this 'all Syrian bad' thinking escalates.

The passport lottery favours some and gives immense problems to others. sad.png

but the terrorists entered 16-30.10, not before that.

most probably those 10 suspects already left, on any other passport, but syrian. Only after 15.12, when their tourist visa expires, emmigration will know, who they were.

16-30.10?

Is that code? It's certainly not a date on this planet.

It's error code. ID 10 T indicating a failing HDD.

I think the Thai Police should look at any Syrian (Who has flown into Thailand from Syria). A lot of Syrians are on the move to Europe or in refugee Camps. Others are fighting for/against the Government. A lot have been driving Tanker trucks for ISILand the remainder are trying to eke out a living. I find it strange that there are Syrians who are paying to come on holidays to Thailand....definitely worth a look at their backgrounds

I think the Thai Police should look at any Syrian (Who has flown into Thailand from Syria). A lot of Syrians are on the move to Europe or in refugee Camps. Others are fighting for/against the Government. A lot have been driving Tanker trucks for ISILand the remainder are trying to eke out a living. I find it strange that there are Syrians who are paying to come on holidays to Thailand....definitely worth a look at their backgrounds

Think the figure quoted by Thai Immi in another thread was about 400 Syrians a year with tourist visas entering Thailand. Millions of Syrians living within the areas protected by the regime's military, many of whom who are educated 'middle class'.

Typical Thai police work. Lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy. What they did was ask immigration for a list of Syrians who have overstayed their visas. Now they will hunt down four probably ordinary guys who just don't want to go back to a country in a civil war with foreign powers fighting it out on each side and supplying weapons and ammunition to each side. Who would want to go back to that? The Syrians probably want to relax in Thailand until it is over back home, pay their overstay at the airport and leave.

Now the probability that the Thai "police" will frame them by planting evidence and lying about them is exceedingly high. It is much easier to plant fake evidence and make up a make up a fake terror plot than it is to..oh I don't know...do real police work.

What a joke. Again, the whole world is watching. Again, the Thai police will show Thailand to be a third world banana republic.

What if one of them is a terrorist ? Maybe they have saved lifes, to early to bash the police don't you think ?

They also stressed that there is no evidence to suggest that any of the four wanted Syrian men have links to ISIS or any other terrorist organisation.

​ They are already in Germany and will receive a German passport next week and come back with a new name.

Too trivial for such a serious topic, but have they googled?

For a moment I thought to describe in detail what I found for Hagop E. Kassabian.

But look for yourself. Picture from Dec 4 (!) of his son (?) in front of a Thai school wall board.

And he on the other pictures really looks like the "suspect" blink.png

If anything is true on his FB profile it shouldn't be too hard to visit him and ask why he overstayed wink.png

Fully agree with post #8.

As I supposed Mr. Kassabian has been fully cleared of any suspicion.

There is an extensive report in the Bangkok Post (which does not allow links in this forum).

He is a Christian (!) of Lebanese origin, a long time resident in Chaiyaphum, has Thai wife and children and an export business, even appeared on a Thai TV commercials.

What a masterpiece of Thai detective work to put someone on a national most wanted list without simply doing a home visit before.

Edited by KhunBENQ