Eatigo - Tips and tricks

What are your experience and lessons learned from using the restaurant discount app Eatigo? Any specific restaurants with good deals?

A lot of restaurants are just offering 10-20% discount, which although still nice, is just the same discounts most Thais get through different credit card promotions. Some restaurants offer 50% discounts from 2-3 pm, but even that can be hit and miss as some restaurants appear to be on their last leg and just want customers at any price. Still, if late lunch is your thing, you can get a good size steak at half price at both Mejico and Tales of Gold Mine at Central World.

The large numbers of hotels offering their buffet at 50% after 9 pm are basically just asking you to go through the leftovers and close to an insult to any food lover.

Some restaurants calculate the discounts from the net food price but still add the full pre-discount service charge. Other restaurants are more fair and add the 10% service charge after the discount, but oddly some even calculate the discount with VAT included.

The app is still in in its infancy and in theory as more and more restaurants sign up, it will be like Agoda for restaurants, where walk-in customers are paying an inflated overprice and everybody else rely on online discounts.

My only tip is to make sure you use Eatigo - I wouldn't be without it.

I haven't paid full price for a meal in Bangkok in over a year and in that time I've eaten at some of the best restaurants. I use it every time I go to Bangkok now. I just pick a restaurant off the list just to give it a try.

I've tried all the buffets, most of which at 50% discount.

My only tip is to make sure you use Eatigo - I wouldn't be without it.

I haven't paid full price for a meal in Bangkok in over a year and in that time I've eaten at some of the best restaurants. I use it every time I go to Bangkok now. I just pick a restaurant off the list just to give it a try.

I've tried all the buffets, most of which at 50% discount.

There are no free lunch in this world, not even at eatigo. The best and most popular restaurants in Bangkok are of course not on eatigo.

The best eatigo deals I have found so far is the 50% 2 pm lunch offers and ordering a la carte.

Foodpanda also regularly offer 50% discount and deliver right to your door.

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

I read about the app befoere I downloaded , that app collect too much information

about the user.

I don't like it and not going to use it.

In that case you may not want to use Google either or any smart phone of any kind or a smart TV or the internet.

I read about the app befoere I downloaded , that app collect too much information

about the user.

I don't like it and not going to use it.

In that case you may not want to use Google either or any smart phone of any kind or a smart TV or the internet.

I know to manage well and I know for whom to give my details

and which details.

Edited by lomm

I use eatigo quite often, but only in Pattaya as I hardly ever leave town.

It generally needs to be a 50% discount to get me to book as most of the places in eatigo are quite overpriced anyway, so 50% off just brings it down to something reasonable. There are a couple of exceptions for places that I would go to even at full price, like the Hilton.

Eating at unpopular times like 11am or 3pm or 5pm makes no difference to me, but I would not go anywhere much after 8pm as it's just too late for me.

If I went to Bangkok more than once in a blue moon I think I would have tried many places as some of the discounts are well worth having there.