Rajabhakti Park closed for 'renovation' Monday

webfact

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still, junta supporting westerners still astound me.

Westerners who 'support' any side astound me - there are no 'good guys' in Asian politics, only competing elite patronage networks.

If TV readers do not get what your talking about maybe we should start re-education camps. You can lay this as a template over the rest of the world and it fits. One size fits all. The GOP candidates are a perfect example. Its just more blatant in the west.

I truly am lost words, as to where the assumption comes from that this park was built for the purpose of entertaining or educating the people.

I mean to say, clearly this was a business project with huge donations from the biggest companies this country has, to give these companies a chance to pledge their allegiance to the Army, was it not ?

Edited by luckyman

Maybe someone could arrange corruption trips,visit all

the places around Thailand,that are know for corruption,

the Park,Rice godowns,fields full of rotting Fire-engines

the Water treatment plant,on and on.

regards Worgeordie

Don't forget the Air Craft Carrier, that has no planes or the 3 submarines 55555

I thought Suthep went to Bangkok to fight against corruption and so did many of the Democrats party. They seem to be all very quiet now.

They rather wait, until they get their hands in the sugar jar, instead of ending up in jail.

regards Worgeordie

Don't forget the Air Craft Carrier, that has no planes or the 3 submarines 55555

Think they have a port for sub's but just no sub's, as for aircraft carrier well they maybe have the boat but the French are playing nice nice so they can sell a few planes to the air force maybe???

now as for the Chinese they want to flog old teck not so fast trains for a small fortune with interest rates that beat the banks here, hahahahaha.

you lay with dogs you wake up with fleas.

possible the junta has been caught with hands in the cookie jar and now the scramblecheesy.gif ???

Who would visit a cement park?

The park is important for Thai people. It was sad to see today, how many people «stranded» at the entry of the park and had to take the picture from outside, far away from the statues of the kings.

I assume that there will be some angry Facebook posts from Thais why the chunta has closed the park on a holiday and without (clear) notice in advance.

Not sure I understand why 'they' shut the park. What did they think the 'activists' were going to do...pull the structures down? I wonder what 'they' were frightened of...unless someone has hidden some cash inside, Ha!

closing the park was wrong

stopping these thugs from getting there was right

the investigation into the alleged corruption has not concluded so there is little to protest about at this point, if it turns out there is corruption involved then those responsible should be exposed arrested and prosecuted

there are still divisive elements lurking ready to cause trouble in Thailand and we all know how that can end up so the tight rules on protests are understandable

the investigation into the alleged corruption has not concluded so there is little to protest about at this point, if it turns out there is corruption involved then those responsible should be exposed arrested and prosecuted

there are still divisive elements lurking ready to cause trouble in Thailand and we all know how that can end up so the tight rules on protests are understandable

Are students thugs now? They didn't look like "thugs" to me!

regards Worgeordie

Think they have a port for sub's but just no sub's, as for aircraft carrier well they maybe have the boat but the French are playing nice nice so they can sell a few planes to the air force maybe???

now as for the Chinese they want to flog old teck not so fast trains for a small fortune with interest rates that beat the banks here, hahahahaha.

you lay with dogs you wake up with fleas.

possible the junta has been caught with hands in the cookie jar and now the scramblecheesy.gif ???

Same game the Chinese are playing in Ecuador and 60 billion in Africa. Bad deals all around. As W.C. Fields said they is one born every day. With the passage of time since that statement I am sure the numbers have increased. I am sure the cookie jar is empty. That is why money is only spent under extreme conditions here.

what thugs? they were Thammasat students

thugs??? evidence? links? proof? or making it up AGAIN?

I would say the Military threatening the student's Mum is "Thugs" what planet are you on?

I wonder if corruption in a park that is dedicated to the Thai royalty can be considered lese majeste.

As his Majesty is the Commander in Chief of the armed forces, any law breaking by the armed forces under his command, including corruption, must be considered lese majeste.

Smedly you are a seasoned poster and I would have expected more from you. What about the 3 lists of names drawn up over a year ago? Poof where did they go?. That is unsolved old corruption lets tackle that first. They had hoped this new corruption would fade away like so much other corruption but it has not and now it must be addressed as well. Give it a queue number behind the rest. Maybe they should have piles of corruption under the headings of urgent, serious, extremely serious and down right maddening. Yes there could be divisive elements lurking ready to make trouble but everyone these students included are not the bogey men they are peaceful protesters. Waving a red flag and calling it divisive elements is just a diversion tactic and nothing else. Unlike San Bernadino I do not hear daily gunfire on the streets.

Edited by elgordo38

Are students thugs now? They didn't look like "thugs" to me!

No, thugs are those who question the junta in the perfect world of smedly. Is the Army investigating itself, and is that proper ? Is intimidating one of the protester's mother proper behavior for the military ? The divisive elements that you say are lurking are in the open. It is your beloved junta that lurks and bullies.

The students apparently have no intrest in anything other than being a pain in the arse to anyone of authority,

they probably display the same attitude in the daycare they attend on a non regular schedule.

At least the grounds should stay as clean as they are presently, by keeping those who seem most interested in

being diruptive in their free time. I never noted any group cleaning up after themselves after they finish their quest for whatever they are trying to accomplish.

I might have let them go in but charge each '' farang price for entry to national parks '' just for being a pest on/ during renovation time

If the above flapdoodle is really the best the junta defenders can come up with, I would call that 1-0 to the other team.

Flapdoodle.

I like that word

Is it the same as a p---flap?

The students apparently have no intrest in anything other than being a pain in the arse to anyone of authority,

they probably display the same attitude in the daycare they attend on a non regular schedule.

At least the grounds should stay as clean as they are presently, by keeping those who seem most interested in

being diruptive in their free time. I never noted any group cleaning up after themselves after they finish their quest for whatever they are trying to accomplish.

I might have let them go in but charge each '' farang price for entry to national parks '' just for being a pest on/ during renovation time

If the above flapdoodle is really the best the junta defenders can come up with, I would call that 1-0 to the other team.

Flapdoodle.

I like that word

Is it the same as a p---flap?

flap·doo·dle

ˈflapˌdo͞odl/Submit

nounUSinformal

nonsense.

"people who are prey to dogmatic flapdoodle"

a fool.

plural noun: flapdoodles

Waving a red flag and calling it divisive elements is just a diversion tactic

English speaking junta spawn knows only diversion tactics since it does not hold a justifiable position. That's why the JuntaJanes keep trying to obfuscate and derail with their Thaksin Mantra: it's the irrelevant bleating of pigs before the butcher blade of modernity.

Rather interesting how in this internet age the traditional Thai junta nemesis, namely students, can say "Jump!" and those steeped in paranoia respond with "How high?" The students barely did a thing to achieve this!

Another public own goal for the integrity of a squirming regime. Removing the students' carriage from the train to prevent them from travelling is an absurdly stupid thing to have done, for everyone to see. The timing of closing the park is the junta hoisted on their own petard.

Edited by Squeegee

regards Worgeordie

I would hope the corruption tour would include a voucher for a free visit to the noteable Corruption Museum.

I am just shaking my head at what they'll do to cover something up. Harassing students that want to know the truth. This has gone too far. I hope this group draws international attention, the more the better.

My hats off to the students. They have more courage than most in this country.

regards Worgeordie

I would hope the corruption tour would include a voucher for a free visit to the noteable Corruption Museum.

I would happily pay 100 baht to look around a Museum of Corruption, I would even blog about it and write a 5 star review on TripAdvisor! Buy a selfie stick and have a selfies around all the exhibits, maybe we should write to the PM with this suggestion 555

"Maintenance" on a park that has only been opened for a month? Just how frigging stupid do the Junta think people are?

The junta actually know how stupid the people are and use the stupidity against them. Hopefully one day the people will be able to open their eyes from the propaganda campaign. But not in my lifetime.