Need Latest Info: Liquids, Carry-on's & Off Site Whisky

h5n1

Can anyone give me latest info on the following for outbound bkk flights:

What hassle if any carrying many small travel sized liquid/gel in my carry-on?

What about bringing a bottle of whisky in my carry-on - not buying in duty free ) ok?

can i get away with TWO carry on? a reasonable size backpack -large college bookbag and a small cylindrical (sp) handbag? i could hook these two together as well. i would rather not check becasue:

flying china air and they loose everything

airport lost 6700 (7600?) pcs of luggage in one day last week

they are both very small bags

thanks

What about bringing a bottle of whisky in my carry-on - not buying in duty free ) ok?

can i get away with TWO carry on? a reasonable size backpack -large college bookbag and a small cylindrical (sp) handbag? i could hook these two together as well. i would rather not check becasue:

thanks

If you were flying to the US, then you must check almost everything. Anywhere else, no problems.

Carry on booze does not have to be bought at a duty free.

Two "small" bags is usually ok but it is up to the airline, not the airport.

However, be prepared for an intense and personal body search.

If you were flying to the US, then you must check almost everything. Anywhere else, no problems.

Yanks and we have reverted back to normal for the most part.

Liquids, gels and/or aerosols purchased in the secure area may be carried on board the aircraft. This includes duty free items. These items are not permitted to be carried through the security checkpoint.

Exceptions include:

* Baby milk and liquid baby food (the contents of each bottle or jar must be tasted by the accompanying passenger)

* Essential medicines in liquid form sufficient and essential for the flight (e.g., diabetic kit) will be verified as authentic

* Solid lipstick

To help progress through security checkpoints, travelers are encouraged not to include items capable of containing liquids (for example, bottles, flasks, tubes, cans or plastic containers).

So won't let you have stuff going through security, ie liquids, gels, and aerosols, but can buy in duty free no problem.

Yanks and we have reverted back to normal for the most part.

Liquids, gels and/or aerosols purchased in the secure area may be carried on board the aircraft. This includes duty free items. These items are not permitted to be carried through the security checkpoint.

Exceptions include:

* Baby milk and liquid baby food (the contents of each bottle or jar must be tasted by the accompanying passenger)

* Essential medicines in liquid form sufficient and essential for the flight (e.g., diabetic kit) will be verified as authentic

* Solid lipstick

To help progress through security checkpoints, travelers are encouraged not to include items capable of containing liquids (for example, bottles, flasks, tubes, cans or plastic containers).

So won't let you have stuff going through security, ie liquids, gels, and aerosols, but can buy in duty free no problem.

What you describe only applied to TG flights going directly to the US when I was flying last week.

Is this a new set of rules that applies to every flight? domestic too?

According to the TSA:

Effective Tuesday, September 26, TSA Is Adjusting The Ban On Liquids, Aerosols And Gels

Travelers may now carry through security checkpoints travel-size toiletries (3 ounces or less) that fit comfortably in ONE, QUART-SIZE, clear plastic, zip-top bag.

2. After clearing security, travelers can now bring beverages and other items purchased in the secure boarding area on-board aircraft.

At the checkpoint travelers will be asked to remove the zip-top bag of liquids and place it in a bin or on the conveyor belt. X-raying separately will allow TSA security officers to more easily examine the declared items.

In addition, larger amounts of prescription liquid medications, baby formula and diabetic glucose treatments must be declared at the checkpoint for additional screening.

It is unlikely that additional changes in the liquid, aerosol and gel policy will be made in the near future.

This security regimen applies to all domestic and international flights departing U.S. airports. Travelers should, however, check with transportation security authorities in their country-of-origin for flights originating at non-U.S. airports.

Call China Airlines and find out what their regulations are (most likely the same). Whiskey will probably get you in trouble in the US if you don't declare it.

thanks

What is your routing, and final destination?

Ex-BKK, UA and NW are currently allowing for the expanded TSA rules (liquids/gels, 3 oz or less each, all packed in a 1 qt. clear zip-lock bag) as of 28 Sep.

A bottle of Whisky in a carry-on would be forbidden on flights to/from the U.S.A. I am honestly not sure how duty-free liquid/gel purchases are handled, on 1-stop itineraries to the U.S.A.?

Each airline has it's own rules about carry-on/checked bags, with varying allownaces for class of service and frequent flyer status.

Probably best to check with the carrier(s) operating your flights to determine the current rules and allowances.

thanks

greetings birdflu !! my brother just flew in to UK from BKK -emirates- 2 bags carry on ,bottle of mekong from 7/11,water, etc .all as normal :o

thanks

greetings birdflu !! my brother just flew in to UK from BKK -emirates- 2 bags carry on ,bottle of mekong from 7/11,water, etc .all as normal :o

Starting during November there will be new restrictions concerning liquids on all flights to/from the European Union.

The amount of liquids is restricted to 0.1 litre/container .

A number of containers are allowed but these must all fit into one 1-litre resealable plastic bag.

Taxfree items are not affected since these are purchased after the security checkpoint.

Exemptions are ofcourse allowed for babyfood, medicine.

thanks

Buy a liter of sang song thai wiskey or any other brand, not opened and most likely you will get it on and if not you won't loose much $$$$ and make a Customs agent happier, U will have to finish it and can't carry it on carry on thru possible layover airports !!!