Retirement visa, re-entry permit at Swampy

OK, I have tried searching for it, have seen it before here.

What is the deal with obtaining a re-entry stamp, at the airport, before departure? (When on a Non-O/extension for retirement).

I beleive that there's a kiosk that will do this at Swampy/Don Muang, before passing through immigration, for a fee obviously?

You can get a re-entry permit at both airports in Bangkok on departure from the country 24 hours a day.

Best to take a photo with you in case they cannot do it.

At Suv (BKK) the desk is just before the departure immigration desks. At Don Mueang it is just after them.

Single entry = 1,000 baht

Multiple Entry = 3,800 baht (Valid for the remaining term of your extension.)

I thought the airport only issued single-entry permits, and the fee was B1200. Has this changed?

I thought the airport only issued single-entry permits, and the fee was B1200. Has this changed?

The single re-entry permit costs 1,000 baht. You can pay an extra 200 baht for their 'fast track' service. They sort out the photo and paperwork for you.

As far as I'm aware you can get a multi re-entry permit at the airport too.

Edited by elviajero

The single re-entry permit costs 1,000 baht. You can pay an extra 200 baht for their 'fast track' service. They sort out the photo and paperwork for you.

As far as I'm aware you can get a multi entry permit at the airport too.

I am not sure but do not see why not. It is the same outline stamp just the added detail which differs .

• Like 1

1,900 is the cost for obtaining or extending a permission to stay. You can't extend a visa. Its sole purpose is to allow you to enter the country. Once you do, the visa has been used. It's then dead and cannot be altered in any way after it has been used.

1,900 is the cost for obtaining or extending a permission to stay. You can't extend a visa. Its sole purpose is to allow you to enter the country. Once you do, the visa has been used. It's then dead and cannot be altered in any way after it has been used.

NOT quite true in the case of multi entry visas ...............

Edited by expatbrit
  • Like 1

I had to fly out Sunday, Nov 29th for work and obtained a multiple re-entry at Swampy.

As I was walking up to the desk I saw a sign that said "System Out Of Order" and a couple of people were filling out the re-entry forms themselves. Other posts have mentioned that they do all that for you but it was actually fortunate that I had brought a completed form I had printed at home and I always have extra photos available when traveling. After a quick look at the form I had I was able to go ahead of the other two people ahead of me and go pay the fee. 10 minutes later I had the permit.

Fee for this was 3800 Baht, no 200 extra was charged. I assume this was just because everyone was having to do all the filling out of the forms themselves.