Activist groups warned of tough enforcement of law for illegal public gathering

webfact

lock them all up !! they are only out to make trouble same as red shirts.

Considering Prayuth got into power by yellow shirt rallies organized by Suthep, who has escaped any legal action, even after organizing public gatherings and setting up commitees, that's a pretty hypocritical statement to make.

What a joke - even allowing for your semi-literate English.

You were obviously somewhere else during the protests and got your information from the village red-shirts. I watched it all unfold step by step.

No amnesty bill = no coup.

No murder of THIRTY protesters by Pheu-Thais UDD terrorists in over 90 grenade attacks and not a single arrest = no coup

And where were all these 'righteous protesters' when all this and the rampant corruption was going on under Pheu-Thai ?. Nowhere to be seen.

Hypocrite is a very good word. Now learn to use it correctly. I have grown to prefer it with the word 'massive' at the front these days.

Even the reason for their protest is based on a lie. They don't care one jot about the corruption. It's a political stunt which they have already admitted is organised by someone else they refuse to name.

Ethics = zero.

Good evening John, I thank you truly for you input, though I do at many times disagree, and that's ok, this is what the forum is for, expression of opinions, it helps make the world go round, cool...

Can I go to YOUR comment, ( "What a joke - even allowing for your semi-literate English.") "organised" Did you perhaps try to say in your poor attempt of English to belittle another persons opinion via spelling (organized),,, or is your a typo ok and his not?

any man anyone can miss spell anything and you just got hooked man on your own criticism, and guess wot if I do the same miss spelling dose not diminish an opinion, BTW I do enjoy a little jousting with you and others here, no offence intended and none taken, cool.

PS, mate that's a reallllllllllly high horse your on man, why not step down for a moment and smell the coffee. cheers matewhistling.gif

PPS damm man did I just pick you up on this as a man who never completed high school??? or am I takin the p*zzz???

Edited by aussieinthailand

Considering Prayuth got into power by yellow shirt rallies organized by Suthep, who has escaped any legal action, even after organizing public gatherings and setting up commitees, that's a pretty hypocritical statement to make.

You were obviously somewhere else during the protests and got your information from the village red-shirts. I watched it all unfold step by step.

No murder of THIRTY protesters by Pheu-Thais UDD terrorists in over 90 grenade attacks and not a single arrest = no coup

And where were all these 'righteous protesters' when all this and the rampant corruption was going on under Pheu-Thai ?. Nowhere to be seen.

Hypocrite is a very good word. Now learn to use it correctly. I have grown to prefer it with the word 'massive' at the front these days.

Even the reason for their protest is based on a lie. They don't care one jot about the corruption. It's a political stunt which they have already admitted is organised by someone else they refuse to name.

Ethics = zero.

Good evening John, I thank you truly for you input, though I do at many times disagree, and that's ok, this is what the forum is for, expression of opinions, it helps make the world go round, cool...

Can I go to YOUR comment, ( "What a joke - even allowing for your semi-literate English.") "organised" Did you perhaps try to say in your poor attempt of English to belittle another persons opinion via spelling (organized),,, or is your a typo ok and his not?

Not one to defend him, but organised is correct in English but incorrect in American.

EnglishJohn, were you disgusted by the killing of 90 or so red shirts by uniformed gunmen. I wonder who made that order?

Totally different topic, who was army chief at the time?

Edited by naboo

Ethics = zero.

you want to lecture others about the facts, yet you can't get your own straight.

The amnesty bill was defeated and the protesters stayed on the streets

28 people killed included those civilians and police killed by PDRC protesters.

These righteous protesters from many different groups were helping their local communities and protesting against the unjust actions of several previous governments.

The group Resistant Citizen is very concerned about the rights of all Thais having been subjected directly to numerous abuses of their own rights. They've been harassed, jailed, and they have appeared before the military courts... for actions that we all consider basic human rights.

And it is the right of all Thais to gather peacefully and to make themselves heard. The fact that this is against the law in Junta-Thailand is already a violation of human rights.

Hypocrite is definitely not a good word for your posts, ... wilfully ignorant is so much more accurate.

They are only exposing how corrupt the new government is , what happened to the war on corruption, only if it does not involve the army , mate you are a real joke.

When the people in the war on corruption are corrupt you can see it was all just a bit of a laugh.

Anyone who really believed the government was going to cut its head off to feed its ass was living in cloud cuckoo land.

Ethics = zero.

you want to lecture others about the facts, yet you can't get your own straight.

These righteous protesters from many different groups were helping their local communities and protesting against the unjust actions of several previous governments.

The group Resistant Citizen is very concerned about the rights of all Thais having been subjected directly to numerous abuses of their own rights. They've been harassed, jailed, and they have appeared before the military courts... for actions that we all consider basic human rights.

And it is the right of all Thais to gather peacefully and to make themselves heard. The fact that this is against the law in Junta-Thailand is already a violation of human rights.

Hypocrite is definitely not a good word for your posts, ... wilfully ignorant is so much more accurate.

Unfortunately when challenged with facts he's most often missing in action.

Who was it that claimed the protesters are running into the bullets?

Who gave the order to use live rounds on protester?

Who was it that said go and kidnap the PM and MP's and their family's should hide for their own safety?

Again he's missing in action when confronted with facts.

Man same as the current junta when asked questions......

What is really disgusting is the CDc voting system delays and round about way of confusing the issue.

Who has the most efficient voting system min the world ?

If you do not know this you should seek other emplyment Sir.

The whole thing has shown the governments hand already. How can the people have faith when you have shown them none at all.

Ethics = zero.

To be fair, the amnesty bill passed the legislature but the process used in that passage was held by the Constitutional Court to be unconstitutional. The Court did not invalidate the content of the bill itself.

Thus, there remained a possibility that the PTP majority could resubmit the bill, get it legally passed and survive a constitutional challenge. Continued PDRC protests may have been in response to such an eventuality.

However, if the PDRC was truly honest in its objection to amnesty for people committing crimes, it should have protested the NCPO's charter granting itself amnesty past, present and future after the NCPO overthrew the government and abolished the 2007 Constitution - criminal acts under the Penal Code. But the PDRC and Democrat Party took no issue with that amnesty.