Man Found Dead From Cold

webfact

Man Found Dead From Cold
December 8, 2015

CityNews – A body of a man aged around 50 years old was found dead in a house in Thasala sub-district on December 6.

According to police, the body was identified as Seree Somnochai, originally from Nan province. Seree had worked in Chiang Mai for several years.

There was no apparent foul play involved and according to locals, Seree enjoyed drinking alcohol.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/man-found-dead-from-cold/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2015-12-08

RIP to the man..

..But I never understood how this happens.. I slept rough for a few weeks, at new year, in Holland in minus god knows what each night temps. I know you acclimatize to the temperature but how do you die of hypothermia when its like 10 degrees C ?? Feel 'cool' or even 'cold' sure.. But shut down and die ??

RIP to the man..

..But I never understood how this happens.. I slept rough for a few weeks, at new year, in Holland in minus god knows what each night temps. I know you acclimatize to the temperature but how do you die of hypothermia when its like 10 degrees C ?? Feel 'cool' or even 'cold' sure.. But shut down and die ??

This compounds the situation - "Seree enjoyed drinking alcohol."

Drinking makes you feel warmer but yet reduces your core temperature.

RIP to the man..

This compounds the situation - "Seree enjoyed drinking alcohol."

Drinking makes you feel warmer but yet reduces your core temperature.

And causes vasodilation which increases heat loss.

RIP to the man..

In a word, HUMIDITY

Condolences to the family of the man.

It's probably one of the better ways to go. One time when I was biking up in the Pennines (England) in winter, my core body temperature must have been losing it despite some fairly hardcore exercise. I sheltered behind a wall from the wind and hail, and it was actually quite comfortable. You just get drowsy and want to sleep. If it weren't for my co-riders coaxing and dragging me I wouldn't be alive today.

If the guy just drifted into sleep, then perhaps even if he was with other people they may not have noticed.

I guess we're not far from that time of year where an 'emergency' shipment of blankets will be going North. Why they don't ship them in good time I can't figure.

RIP to the man..

Don't worry. It is a very weak cause of death in Thailand, so, in a day or two, they will revise the cause of death to suicide which is the police "go to" cause of death so they don't have to do any actual investigation.

It's probably one of the better ways to go. One time when I was biking up in the Pennines (England) in winter, my core body temperature must have been losing it despite some fairly hardcore exercise. I sheltered behind a wall from the wind and hail, and it was actually quite comfortable. You just get drowsy and want to sleep. If it weren't for my co-riders coaxing and dragging me I wouldn't be alive today.

If the guy just drifted into sleep, then perhaps even if he was with other people they may not have noticed.

I guess we're not far from that time of year where an 'emergency' shipment of blankets will be going North. Why they don't ship them in good time I can't figure.

Right, and as their brains go south, it would be too revolutionary to be prepared.

But here’s a helpful clue for the LOS: every year at this time it can get a tad cold up north ...and it will happen again exactly a year from now.

Forward planning? Seriously? Why?

Also, what happened to the blankets that were shipped last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, I could go on.