Jesus and Brian are jewish.

Did you ever see them wearing a hat?

Clearly.

jesusfedorasmoking.jpg

Off to the pub forum, I suppose.

I stand corrected concerning jesus.

But I was correct about Brian.

So I can keep half my face.

Brian had his hat moments, and even indoor!

01LifeBrian.jpg

life-of-brian-790x444.jpeg

A lot of hats around Brian too.

whistling.gif

Both of you, thanks for pointing out my mistakes.

My world is falling apart, but don't let that bother you, gijzijthet.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear OP,

I understand and respect your opinion about hats.

However I disagree.

Regards,

Joe Cocker.

Reminds me of some great dancsers i have seen in my time dance to this song.

They in their own way were all extrordinary.

Just wich i could find these dancers here.

I can only speak my opinion...., I think many men wear hats to distract from bad hair or no hair.

And what's with Hipsters wearing pork pie hats..., they were bad enough when Karl Malden and Telly Savalis wore them in those (almost, but not quite) forgettable cop shows. Again..., sometimes hats are merely overcompensation for the follicularly challenged gigglem.gif

A shlap in the face, that ish what you desherve for that comment.

Regards,

Humphrey B.

tch ... funicularly challenged, ME?

Dames like hats! Eshpecially MY hat.

I disagree about the sunglasses. I have prescription glasses and sometimes it's just a pain in the ass to bring a second pair of glasses. So yes I will be the one walking in the shopping mall with sunglasses.

QUOTE: "it's just a pain in the ass to bring a second pair of glasses"

Yes I can understand your predicament.

Have you ever considered putting your second pair of glasses in your pocket? Much less painful!

This is probably one of *THE* dumbest things I've read on T.V.... Just to prove the point, lets substitute "hat" with another popular men's fashion accessory...

Why do men, especially Europeans, continue to wear watches indoors and at night? I was always told that it was polite to remove your watch when inside. Also, watches serve *ONE* purpose, to tell you the time. Neither of which apply at night or indoors. There are clocks on most walks. There is a clock on your phone. There's clocks on all the mobile phones around you. You can even estimate the time by looking at the night sky and notating the position of the stars in relation to the time of year!!

I wish some could explain. Why don't you arbitrarily remove your watch as soon as you enter a building or the sun goes down?!?!?

-Mestizo

No this is a little fibby, there has never been a convention against wearing watches indoors except perhaps among a certain family that worries a lot about peasant's with wooden stakes. They tend to run down after a prolonged stay underground and catch on the cloaks when they are putting them on.

But amongst civilised WHITE people (are there any other kind) the wearing of hats indoors was always frowned upon as very bad manners, Like passing the port the wrong way. "Damn bad form old boy, Damnable bad form, they will be letting dogs and Chinese in next".

No need to mention those of different hues or Koreans.

The kind of people you see in LOS with their baseball hats on backwards tend not to know where they are or in which direction they are facing. Many of them are so confused they find it difficult to get their beer to their mouths. All they know is they look "Ard mate, Ard man yer, can pitch an ard ball so curved it makes a boomerang look like a moon shot, yer.

and most of all it covers up the bald patch.

methinks the OP was born in a different era.

i should have such trivial annoyances.

Me thinks OP has no life.

Coming from someone who regularly posts all kinds of weird spiritual apothegms on TV, that's quite funny..laugh.png

I keep my hat on because I don't want to forget it.

I keep my hat on because there is no where to store it.

I keep my hat on to frustrate people that are scanning me.

I am not from your culture so why would I go by your rules in a country that is neither yours nor mine?

I disagree about the sunglasses. I have prescription glasses and sometimes it's just a pain in the ass to bring a second pair of glasses. So yes I will be the one walking in the shopping mall with sunglasses.

Have you ever considered putting your second pair of glasses in your pocket? Much less painful!

555 nice!

But to be serious it's just not realistic sometimes depending on the pants. The case for the glasses is big and bulky and just doesn't fit. On second thought...big and bulky, maybe I should put them in my underwear ;)

555 nice!

But to be serious it's just not realistic sometimes depending on the pants. The case for the glasses is big and bulky and just doesn't fit. On second thought...big and bulky, maybe I should put them in my underwear wink.png

Plenty of room left in there, eh?

555 nice!

But to be serious it's just not realistic sometimes depending on the pants. The case for the glasses is big and bulky and just doesn't fit. On second thought...big and bulky, maybe I should put them in my underwear wink.png

Isn't that the case for all posters on this forum.

Maybe they`re all Jewish?

Jesus and Brian are jewish.

Did you ever see them wearing a hat?

Even outdoors?

I have heard of the mythical figure called Jesus but would the sweet mother of Mr mythical is Brian

Brian, in Issan also known as Blian or Bwian, is the bastard son of Biggus Dikkus and Terry Jones.

A movie has been made to honour his outstanding deeds.

His ashes were scattered in a television studio when John Cleese stumbled over the urn during an interview.

555 nice!

Quote from Mae West:

Are those your sunglasses, or are you so very happy to see me?

555 nice!

Quote from Mae West:

Are those your sunglasses, or are you so very happy to see me?

Huge upgrade from the peppermint role though!

Edited by Xriz

hats are a clothing accessory, have been for thousands of years. Like other pieces of clothing a hat usually has cultural signifigance, not only its utility. Several thousands of years ago, some cultures were almost completely naked except for very unwieldly head accessories. In Asia, you can see the hats worn by Chinese, Korean, and Japanese aristorcrats until the last 100 years.

In Thailand, it was fairly common until about 100 years ago for women not to wear any clothing above their waists.

100 years from now, what is worn or not worn, would be interesting to see.

Utility is low on the totem pole as far as why a particular piece of clothing (including hats) is worn.

I was going to say that the decree about western style clothing wasn't until about 1930, then looked at the date now.... it is pretty close to 100 years!

Regarding American men and hats or caps, yes, it is partly a cultural "thing". When I was a kid lots of men still wore hats as opposed to ball caps, and there was an entire set of etiquette rules.

Many are not much observed today, particularly about removing hats at coffee shops or informal style restaurants. In my case there are two reasons; I would not wish to inadvertently blind anyone if there were a sudden strong flash of light nearby, and I have left a small fortune in haberdashery behind in various places because the lack of warmth seems to adversely affect my memory.

http://emilypost.com/advice/hats-off-hat-etiquette-for-everyone/

A beautiful, high quality felt (beaver!) fedora is an immortal fashion accessory and will never be out of style. However, here in SE Asia, it is entirely too hot for them, and the leather sweatband will mildew quickly. Look at old photos (pre WW2) of large groups of Western men on the street, and only boys will be hatless. Most are wearing a variation on the fedora, or a "newsboy" type wool cap (a great piece of headgear, also timeless.)

The legend says that our late beloved president JFK completely destroyed the industry, except for the obligatory black hats worn by orthodox Jews. he was inordinately proud of his big bushy head of hair.

Two icons of the "porkpie" hat: Sax player Lester Young (The "Prez"), and Gene Hackman in The French Connection.

Fedora, SI! Ball cap NO!

The baseball caps worn backwards, sideways and upside down and sideways began where most bizarre "look at me" customs begin in white america- in the black community. White america just loves to emulate black style, speech and music. At least i have not seen white guys wearing their shorts at their knees and exposing the underware...yet. of course not all stupid fashion comes from the black community. White guys that wear wool caps over their ears in tropical climates is 100% caucasian D-bag fashion.

555 nice!

Well you could always wear a sports Jacket with an inside pocket. With the right hat you could be

the coolest dude in the building.thumbsup.gif

555 nice!

Well you could always wear a sports Jacket with an inside pocket. With the right hat you could be

the coolest dude in the building.thumbsup.gif

Not a bad idea but I think I'll settle for being just a sunglass wearing douche for now.

Some men are bald and want to cover it up. I'm not bald, but if I haven't washed my hair today, I don't want to look like a greaseball. Trivial concerns. I wish hats were my only problem.