Activists warned again not to go to Rajabhakti park as dissatisfaction grows

webfact

yes and expensive

and all the time i see some of the poor local people trying to sort out a living by eating out of garbage bins collecting plastic

priorties ha bah.gif

Corruption or not, they are impressive. coffee1.gif

".........poor local people trying to sort out a living by eating out of garbage bins.............."

Many Thais scavenge and recycle plastic. As for eating out of garbage cans, I think that's a bit of a stretch............. whistling.gif

So are the palm trees! Thanks good read i pass for the comment somone play bridge in Loei?

ineresting read ...i pass for comment ...somone play bridge in Loei?

I wouldn't normally suggest people visit a Wikipedia page, but on this occassion I think https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajabhakti_Park is an interesting read, and the reference sources aren't too extreme.

So if the casting of the statues cost 308.5 million, then another 25 million in kickbacks, plus say 150 million for palm trees and construction, then that leaves the purchase of the land of 222 rai so would that land already belong to yes the army, but who dose the army belong to?????post-4641-1156693976.gif

so how much was the land purchased for?????

No wonder they're scrambling, hahaahah5555555555555cheesy.gif

Edited by jerome2

The statues were nice to see, and the parking lot is huge. The cement area between the parking lot and the statues

is way too hot. It would have been nicer to have areas of grass and maybe some low bushes to help keep the

whole place from feeling like a furnace. The location right across the highway from the Pine Tree Garden

or Suan Son area is very nice. it is close enough to Hua Hin and Pran Buri for the tour buses to stop at

as well as the other Temples in the area. Protesting the cost is something the locals may feel is necessary,

but for us tourists and travelers, the statues are very nice to be able to see and photograph.

I have been affected by protesters in a few places in the world when I have gone as a tourist, and all I can

say is good luck to you. I do get upset when I cannot see a tourist attraction because some protesters have

caused it to be shut down and closed, especially when I have spent a couple thousand US dollars to get to this part

of the world and stay a couple of weeks. Hopefully this protest stuff will be over with soon.

Edited by Stargrazer9889

The statues were nice to see, and the parking lot is huge. The cement area between the parking lot and the statues

is way too hot. It would have been nicer to have areas of grass and maybe some low bushes to help keep the

whole place from feeling like a furnace. The location right across the highway from the Pine Tree Garden

or Suan Son area is very nice. it is close enough to Hua Hin and Pran Buri for the tour buses to stop at

as well as the other Temples in the area. Protesting the cost is something the locals may feel is necessary,

but for us tourists and travelers, the statues are very nice to be able to see and photograph.

I have been affected by protesters in a few places in the world when I have gone as a tourist, and all I can

say is good luck to you. I do get upset when I cannot see a tourist attraction because some protesters have

caused it to be shut down and closed, especially when I have spent a couple thousand US dollars to get to this part

of the world and stay a couple of weeks. Hopefully this protest stuff will be over with soon.

What a self centred person you are

Nothing changed besides the hands that collect the brown envelopes & mouths that speak the lies .

Can't wait for more protest action as without proper resolve through action & force this current loop of incompetence will just go on & on until economy is ruined & anarchy takes over ...

When I saw the headline "dissatisfaction grows" I thought they were talking about reality, not some conjured dream scenario. Of course dissatisfaction grows. It grows out of indifference, incompetence, lack of change, lack of progress, absolute and complete insistence on leaving the elite and the corrupt on their own, to do their thing as always, and as before. In other words, don't touch or alter the status quo, in any meaningful way. Plus the level of intolerance for dissent that the powers that be, are demonstrating. Do I detect a huge degree of insecurity? Hubris? Arrogance? Megalomania? Oh, am I gonna get arrested for saying that?

What happened to transparent Thailand?

The days of transparency are gone, unless you at a go-go bar in Pattaya. Just look at what happened in the US, after Obama made hundreds of promises about doing away with the ultra secretive policies of the Tiny George II administration. What happened once he got into office? He made the government more secretive, less transparent, and less accountable than it has ever been. In this day and age, when government have that blanket excuse of national security to throw around, secrecy is the way of the world. We will never go back to an even modestly transparent government. Even once Thailand gets its next democracy, it will be secretive. Maybe not to the extent we are seeing now. The most transparent government in the world, are shutting down, and clamping up. This is not something that is exclusive to Thailand. Look at the entire region. Look at the entire world. For some countries, I believe all of this chaos, insecurity, and insanity, is feeding right into their hands, in terms of increasing their power, their security budgets, etc. That is probably most true in the US. Obama has grown the security apparatus by hundreds of thousands of employees, since the end of the Bush era.

Edited by spidermike007

What a noble and considerate project :) Who would have thought there is so much scope for skimming? A cunning plan if I ever saw one. You might ask why we can't have the little people protesting about it and why Prayut won't condemn the corruption?

Edited by MaiChai