Chiang Mai: Cold Weather Brings More Tourists

webfact

Cold Weather Brings More Tourists
by Aydan Stuart

cold-weather-1024x614.jpg

CityNews – The cold weather has increased the number of tourists visiting the North this year, with record numbers of visitors to some of the most popular destinations.

Recently, Doi Inthanon has reported at least 3,000 visitors a day, a number expected to increase over the New Year holidays.

The Royal Agricultural Station Angkhang, has also recorded more visitors going to experience the cold and enjoy the beauty of plants and winter flowers grown in the areas.

However, Chiang Mai Provincial Public Health Office have issued a warning to tourists to avoid lighting charcoal stoves or kerosene lamps in their tents when camping on the mountains. The smoke emits carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide which can cause death when inhaled.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/cold-weather-brings-more-tourists/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2015-12-10

My wife and I will be 2 of the mentioned tourists from Bangkok heading north this weekend to enjoy the cool/cold weather. We plan to be in Inthanon NP by Monday for a few days camping before heading farther north on Wednesday.

I don't know whether it's the cold weather drawing in more tourists, or the incredibly hot weather in BKK and points south pushing them north for a little relief.

I'd be one of them if work didn't get in the way of the important stuff.

Doi Inthanon is a cooler place than BKK all over the year. So alot of tourist now says nothing about people seeking some relief. They'd better done that in the real hot season.

This is again typical 'tourist attitude'. Sorry no hee ma yet.