Proof of address for Thai national

Thanks, that was a suggestion I came up with as well, but I imagined there could be another solution

Could a Thai lawyer translate and certify it??

Need it for a company registration in Hong Kong. Part of the due diligence there

You need to get it translated and verified by MFA.

Thanks and clear,

no other options?

I cannot think of a better option to ensure it is accepted.

You could have a translation service do the translation and the MFA certification. Saves a lot of time and running around to have them do it all for you for a small additional fee.

Not easy. It indeed depends on what level of certification the Hong Kong offices expect.

I do not even know who represents Hong Kong in Bangkok? Is it the Chinese embassy?

Usually a certification by the embassy/consulate of the respecting country is expected and they have a list of translators they accept.

English? Chinese? Clueless.

Maybe its much easier, but that could probably only be confirmed by the Hong Kong office.

In our case: housebook translated by a translator "accredited" by the embassy.

Then authenticated by the Embassy and sent to the social security office in the former home country,

Edited by KhunBENQ

Not easy. It indeed depends on what level of certification the Hong Kong offices expect.

I do not even know who represents Hong Kong in Bangkok? Is it the Chinese embassy?

Usually a certification by the embassy/consulate of the respecting country is expected and they have a list of translators they accept.

Maybe its much easier, but that could probably only be confirmed by the Hong Kong office.

Then authenticated by the Embassy and sent to the social security office in the former home country,

A embassy here will not certify a document that is issued by an authority here unless it has been certified by the MFA. And some might not do it at all. Most would only do a certified copy of it.

I know of no embassy here that will certify a translation.

Do you have a link or phonenumber for the service provider?

I have asked the HK office if the blue book would be accepted when translated to English and who would be accepted for certification,

thanks

You need to get it translated and verified by MFA.

Thanks and clear,

no other options?

I cannot think of a better option to ensure it is accepted.

You could have a translation service do the translation and the MFA certification. Saves a lot of time and running around to have them do it all for you for a small additional fee.

A embassy here will not certify a document that is issued by an authority here unless it has been certified by the MFA. And some might not do it at all. Most would only do a certified copy of it.

I know of no embassy here that will certify a translation.

Not sure what has actually be done (was in 2012).

But at least the translated document was acceptable to the home country office without involving the MFA.

The translator in Bangkok was actually "accredited" to work for home country courts (Thai <> German).

Edited by KhunBENQ

Blue book and translation by lawyer is sufficient or even a water- or electricity bill or bankstatement, all in English, showing the address.

The last one is the easiest I would think, no need for translation as you can get it in English