UK expats for EU exit

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You asked for a further explanation based on two graphs you submitted, I've given you the answer, if you continue to disagree that currency fluctuations had a serious impact on FTSE valuations during the referendum, specifically the GBP/USD exchange rate, I can't help you any further because you're starting to look foolish here. OUT

I trust you have been following what Mr Soros and others have been actually doing -- usually the opposite of what they say, since their words are heavy in the market and can influence things,,,,,,

Is this cause or effect?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36802646

Sorry but there's no conspiracy theory to be had here, much as it might suit your views!

Your link provides no connection to the words of George Soros or others, nor to any economic event of note. If anything the link suggests that the Pound has steadied and equities have fallen slightly on the back of the BOE statement regarding interest rates, what else was to be expected, equities up, Pound down and vica versa has long been a standard guide. In fact equities (FTSE) is down slightly on the back of Nice and the impact on travel related companies.

I wouldn't believe anything jpinx says.

Totally dodged the question from guesthouse which shows that this fella just makes things up to support his argument.

He obviously doesn't read his own links as after closer inspection, they don't actually prove his point.

Note to self:-

See jpinx........keep scrolling.

"..............As can be seen there is very little correlation. Changes in GBPUSD have no consistent influence on the FTSE 100 Index on a monthly basis.This is not period-dependent, a chart for the more recent period 2000-2012 is little different..........."

http://stockmarketalmanac.co.uk/tag/GBPUSD/

Always good to see a lot of graphs that mean nothing to the ordinary voter smile.png .

We are living in Thailand, so most of us only care about sterling/bht - which has been higher and lower over the last 10 years.

Agreed -- but some people were claiming that the FTSE rise post-brexit was all down to the fall in sterling -- hence the complicated graphs for their edification. Most folks have their banks rates-page bookmarked and that is enough.

Always good to see a lot of graphs that mean nothing to the ordinary voter smile.png .

We are living in Thailand, so most of us only care about sterling/bht - which has been higher and lower over the last 10 years.

Agreed -- but some people were claiming that the FTSE rise post-brexit was all down to the fall in sterling -- hence the complicated graphs for their edification. Most folks have their banks rates-page bookmarked and that is enough.

I think that huge amounts of it were the result of the fall in the value of Sterling, so does the rest of the world of economics, you appear to keep pushing Brexit as the reason, you appear alone in that respect.

I think that huge amounts of it were the result of the fall in the value of Sterling, so does the rest of the world of economics, you appear to keep pushing Brexit as the reason, you appear alone in that respect.

It would be most interesting to read the analysis that the "world of economics" uses to form their opinion. Is there a link to refute the one I posted ?

It would be most interesting to read the analysis that the "world of economics" uses to form their opinion. Is there a link to refute the one I posted ?

You and you alone have been around and around on this point with various posters and given explanations up the kazoo, like other posters before me I'm done playing your games. Byee!

You and you alone have been around and around on this point with various posters and given explanations up the kazoo, like other posters before me I'm done playing your games. Byee!

It's a shame that some alleged facts can not be substantiated by anyone. The link between FX and FTSE is shown to be minimal for many years, through many large events - - why is it suddenly a consideration of "the world of economics" which excludes http://stockmarketalmanac.co.uk ?

It's a shame that some alleged facts can not be substantiated by anyone. The link between FX and FTSE is shown to be minimal for many years, through many large events - - why is it suddenly a consideration of "the world of economics" which excludes http://stockmarketalmanac.co.uk ?

Oh right, gottit, you only believe theories and scenarios offered up by economic guru's who tout their own books, for profit and without the benefit of any real credentials whatsoever. That's cool and truly smart, I suppose! Perhaps you want to try Dr Mercola for the next time you get sick, just buy his book and you're healed: http://www.mercola.com/

Oh right, gottit, you only believe theories and scenarios offered up by economic guru's who tout their own books, for profit and without the benefit of any real credentials whatsoever. That's cool and truly smart, I suppose! Perhaps you want to try Dr Mercola for the next time you get sick, just buy his book and you're healed: http://www.mercola.com/

Quoting a commercial website on health does nothing to further the argument of FTSE and FX being strongly related.

It's a shame that some alleged facts can not be substantiated by anyone.

Ohhhhhh, the irony!!

The irony is that so many people got it wrong ... including Soros who had to backtrack significantly post-brexit.

No.....the true irony is how you have the cheek to type those words when you refuse to provide a link showing that Seimens is locating itself in the UK BECAUSE the UK is leaving the EU.

Until you do that, your credibility equals zero.

It's a shame that some alleged facts can not be substantiated by anyone.

Ohhhhhh, the irony!!

The irony is that so many people got it wrong ... including Soros who had to backtrack significantly post-brexit.

No.....the true irony is how you have the cheek to type those words when you refuse to provide a link showing that Seimens is locating itself in the UK BECAUSE the UK is leaving the EU.

Only with you, and that is unimportant. What the Siemens boss actually said was paraphrased by the press and spun in whichever direction that particular newspaper owner/editor preferred. Hanging on to a argument that is based on "he said/she said" is childish in the extreme.

What is being discussed now is the lack of proof of the connection between the FX and the FTSE and there has not been a single link given even to a newpaper report of this - whereas the link posted an hour ago has not been addressed at all.

Oh right, gottit, you only believe theories and scenarios offered up by economic guru's who tout their own books, for profit and without the benefit of any real credentials whatsoever

And your credentials are?

I don't write books and sell them for profit hence regardless of my qualifications, my views are irrelevant.

But, as you know from history MJM, I have a GCSE O' level in woodwork. gigglem.gif

Ohhhhhh, the irony!!

Only with you, and that is unimportant. What the Siemens boss actually said was paraphrased by the press and spun in whichever direction that particular newspaper owner/editor preferred. Hanging on to a argument that is based on "he said/she said" is childish in the extreme.

What is being discussed now is the lack of proof of the connection between the FX and the FTSE and there has not been a single link given even to a newpaper report of this - whereas the link posted an hour ago has not been addressed at all.

It's very simple. You are guilty of the same thing that you accuse others of. I think that is pretty much the dictionary definition of the word hypocrisy.

Nothing to do with "he said/she said".

Credibility shot to h3ll.

Edited by KarenBravo

It's very simple. You are guilty of the same thing that you accuse others of. I think that is pretty much the dictionary definition of the word hypocrisy.

Nothing to do with "he said/she said".

Credibility shot to h3ll.

Where is the proof of the connection between the FX and the FTSE ? There has not been a single link given -- not even to a newpaper report of this - whereas the link posted an hour ago has not been addressed at all.

The irony now is that the one(s) who claim superior credibility have not actually proved anything

Ohhhhhh, the irony!!

What is important in this thread is the FACT you made ficticious claims that the boss of Siemens had stated Siemens are increasing investment in the UK 'because of Brexit'.

When I called you on the fact you were misrepresenting the truth (what do we normally call that?) you failed to do the honerable and honest thing and admit you had made up the statement you had attributed to the boss of Siemens.

In the light of your fabrication of quotes you attribute to others and failure to man up and admit your 'error' everything else you claim to be true has to be regarded at best subject, at worst another fabrication on your part.

Own up or be owned!

Edited by GuestHouse

What is important in this thread is the FACT you made ficticious claims that the boss of Siemens had stated Siemens are increasing investment in the UK 'because of Brexit'.

When I called you on the fact you were misrepresenting the truth (what do we normally call that?) you failed to do the honerable and honest thing and admit you had made up the statement you had attributed to the boss of Siemens.

In the light of your fabrication of quotes you attribute to others and failure to man up and admit your 'error' everything else you claim to be true has to be regarded at best subject, at worst another fabrication on your part.

Own up or be owned!

Good grief -- that was dealt with a while ago -- do please try to keep up smile.png

Meantime -- to get back onto the current issue -- the connection between the FTSE and FX movements -- I have seen no authoritative response on this which refutes the link I posted earlier today...

Interesting to note that the top performing shares are those with overseas earnings, including BAT ( up 14.5%!) and that the fallers are all UK centric companies, Barratts, Persimmon, Barclays, Lloyds etc. But nah, that can't possibly have anything to do with foreign earnings and currencies, even thought they say it does, the article must be wrong! gigglem.gif

UP:

Fresnillo - Mexico

Randgold - SA

Astra Zeneca - Multinational pharma

Shire - multinational pharma.

BP - multinational petroleum

Diageo - multinational - distillers/drinks

BAT - ahem!

Unilever - multinational

National Grid - an anomaly, a safe haven stock prior to the referendum.

Edited by chiang mai

Own up or be owned!

Good grief -- that was dealt with a while ago -- do please try to keep up smile.png

Meantime -- to get back onto the current issue -- the connection between the FTSE and FX movements -- I have seen no authoritative response on this which refutes the link I posted earlier today...

I'm not going to waste more time on an outright liar.....

Brought to you by the "newspaper" where the class is always half empty .rolleyes.gif

Here's a link to the original EY Item Club report, prediction for sterling was faithfully transmitted by The Guardian

http://www.ey.com/UK/en/Issues/Business-environment/Financial-markets-and-economy/ITEM---Forecast-headlines-and-projections