Re-entry permit available at airport?

• Yes they are available at the airports.
  • Single re-entry permits are 1,000 baht. (Multiple re-entries are available for 3,800 baht but only valid for the term of your remaining stay)
  • The desks are open 24/7.
  • You should take a photo with you but they will deal with the form and photo for you. They charge an extra 200 baht at Swampy for that service.

Great news for which thanks, but are they really open 24/7? Forgive my cynicism please, but I would be concerned about being delayed going through security and therefore a bit pushed for time, only to discover that someone had said 'noodles' in the immigration office and everybody had vanished. Anybody had much experience of using this service?

Thanks in advance -

H.

Be sure to bring 2 photos with you, i went through this 2 weeks ago, there computers and camera system was down, i had to run back and go to the tourist police station on the second floor to take photos. Luckily i went 3 hours before departure.

Make sure you go to the immigration section that has the re entry desk, there is 2 immigration halls and only 1 has the re entry desk.

Edited by Makai128

Be sure to bring 2 photos with you, i went through this 2 weeks ago, there computers and camera system was down, i had to run back and go to the tourist police station on the second floor to take photos. Luckily i went 3 hours before departure.

Make sure you go to the immigration section that has the re entry desk, there is 2 immigration halls and only 1 has the re entry desk.

whick airport? Clearly not bkk

Don Maung is fine even at 05 30 am. Allow about 10-15 minutes. DM office is a single room AFTER you get your passport stamped. They tend to smile at you more cheerily IF you have done your photocopies and have everything ready. Don Muang does not do the 200b "service" of doing your stuff for you, so go prepared, although if the girl is in a good mood she will help you, or else maybe copy for you something you forgot to do (you dont want to go back through immig police again, do you?)

I can confirm that Swampy has the same 24 hour service, but make sure you check out where the desk is. There was some confusion a while back, with folks not going through the "best" departure hall, and not finding the desk.

It's just another scam anyway. 1000 or 3800 to go out and come back again. If I go out of Malaysia to Borneo for a few days, I never get charged anything.

20 pounds just to pop out and see my granny. Jeez. The drawers of both the desks are stuffed with brown 1000 bills. I have never seen so much money.

Eddy

whick airport? Clearly not bkk

Not the first report of that happening at Suv. (BKK). I have started suggesting people have a photo with them because of them having problems doing the photos.

I had a Extension of Stay, Retirement Visa along with a Multi Entry Permit valid until the 16th of December.I renewed my Extension of Stay for another year and got a single Re Entry Permit, I left Thailand on the 1st of December and I wasn't sure when I would be returning so that's why I got a single Re Entry. I arrived back today from the UK and assumed that my Multi Entry was still valid Immigration wouldn't 'stamp' my new single as 'used' but they did. I deliberately put my Arrival/Depparture Card in the page of my existing Permit but to no avail, why ?

I had a Extension of Stay, Retirement Visa along with a Multi Entry Permit valid until the 16th of December.I renewed my Extension of Stay for another year and got a single Re Entry Permit, I left Thailand on the 1st of December and I wasn't sure when I would be returning so that's why I got a single Re Entry. I arrived back today from the UK and assumed that my Multi Entry was still valid Immigration wouldn't 'stamp' my new single as 'used' but they did. I deliberately put my Arrival/Depparture Card in the page of my existing Permit but to no avail, why ?

I am confused !

If you had a valid multi entry re entry permit why was a single permit obtained?

Are you sure the mutli entry permit is still valid ?

If they had used your multiple re-entry permit you would of only been stamped in until the16th of December which is date it expires. In reality it became invalid when you got your new extension because the permit to stay it was issued for is no longer valid.

The officer did the correct thing when he stamped you in using the single re-entry permit you had.

• Yes they are available at the airports.
  • Single re-entry permits are 1,000 baht. (Multiple re-entries are available for 3,800 baht but only valid for the term of your remaining stay)
  • The desks are open 24/7.
  • You should take a photo with you but they will deal with the form and photo for you. They charge an extra 200 baht at Swampy for that service.
</p>

Thank you all for your help.

If they had used your multiple re-entry permit you would of only been stamped in until the16th of December which is date it expires. In reality it became invalid when you got your new extension because the permit to stay it was issued for is no longer valid.

The officer did the correct thing when he stamped you in using the single re-entry permit you had.

Confused, I had a new Etension of Stay allowing me another year, therefore if I hadnt the new Single Re Entry my new Extension of Stay would have been cancelled ?

Confused, I had a new Etension of Stay allowing me another year, therefore if I hadnt the new Single Re Entry my new Extension of Stay would have been cancelled ?

Yes because your multi re-entry permit was linked to your expiring extension of stay and was only good until Dec 16th. If the IO had used that they would only of been able to give a permit to stay until Dec 16th.

offtopic:

A friend of me arrived in Bangkok 25.11. with a 3-month non immigrant. On 22.12. him go back home. Bud come back to Thailand 29.12. Does he need a Re-Entry Visa to allow stay the rest of the 3-month?

Yes!

He will not get any extra days for the time he was out of Thailand, so whatever permission to stay he has now is what he will get stamped upon return.

offtopic:

A friend of me arrived in Bangkok 25.11. with a 3-month non immigrant. On 22.12. him go back home. Bud come back to Thailand 29.12. Does he need a Re-Entry Visa to allow stay the rest of the 3-month?

He will need a single re-entry permit to keep his 90 day entry valid when he returns to the country.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for this newbie Q but I think I have read some time ago that it was possible to get a Re-entry permit on arrival in Airport or am I mixing something up ?

If your leaving Thailand (excluding metvs etc) you will need a reentry permit. You can obtain this at airport PRIOR to leaving Thailand. You need photo, application form etc and fee. Easy process.

Sorry for this newbie Q but I think I have read some time ago that it was possible to get a Re-entry permit on arrival in Airport or am I mixing something up ?

Not really sure what you are asking --------------

If you want a re- entry permit they are only available from immigration offices or on Departure from an airport.

If you want a re- entry permit they are only available from immigration offices or on Departure from an airport.

Its clear to me. Maybe expression is lacking but he means arriving at Thai airport. OP you can obtain your reentry permit at airport in los. Be aware the office at DM is just post immigration and at swampy its prior. Make sure you take a photo. The form can be downloaded. Good idea to have it all done prior to arrival at airport

Its clear to me. Maybe expression is lacking but he means arriving at Thai airport. OP you can obtain your reentry permit at airport in los. Be aware the office at DM is just post immigration and at swampy its prior. Make sure you take a photo. The form can be downloaded. Good idea to have it all done prior to arrival at airport

Your interpretation may well be correct. However, it is important that the OP understands that the re-entry permit is purchased prior to departure from Thailand, not when returning back into Thailand after his trip. His wording implies that he may not have understood that.

Your interpretation may well be correct. However, it is important that the OP understands that the re-entry permit is purchased prior to departure from Thailand, not when returning back into Thailand after his trip. His wording implies that he may not have understood that.

Indeed, as Wallender4 appears to be posting from outside Thailand.