Pillar of Phuket community Brad Kenny dies

webfact

Pillar of Phuket community Brad Kenny dies
Phuket Gazette

bk.jpeg
Tassanee 'Na' Kenny and Brad Kenny welcome baby Kaylynn into their family. on November 4 at Mission Hospital. Photo: Gazette file

PHUKET: -- Brad Kenny, a pillar of the Phuket community, died from undisclosed causes at Mission Hospital today.

Mr Kenny, 59, was the past president and current assistant district governor of the Rotary Club of Patong Beach (RcoPB), member of the Grumpy Old Men Society (GOMS), member of the Navy League of the United States and involved with numerous other charity and humanitarian projects in the region, including the Phang Nga Home and Life Foundation.

“Brad was a stalwart of RCoPB who gave his time, and often his own money, unstintingly on many occasions to help those in need in the Phuket and Phang Nga communities. His relentless energy and enthusiasm for Rotary and the many charitable projects he was involved in was an inspiration to all members of our club,” said RCoPB President Walter Wyler today.

“Brad was always on the lookout for those in our society who needed a helping hand. He was particularly a great friend of the Rohingya and sea gypsies in Ranong, using his expertise in sanitation and water supply to help turn lives around. His presidency last year was marked by a driving support for a number of charities Brad brought his energy to focus on.”

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Pillar-Phuket-community-Brad-Kenny-dies/62598?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-12-11

Phuket expat icon Brad Kenny passes away
The Phuket News

1449820923_1.jpg
Brad Kenny receiving the HRH Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn Trophy, on behalf of the Rotary Club of Patong Beach (RcoPB), in May this year.

PHUKET: -- Brad Kenny, the iconic Phuket expat who brought to the island two decades of environmental solutions to household and commercial buildings and was a driving force behind the Rotary Club of Patong Beach, has died.

“Today we are saddened to share the news that Brad Kenny has passed away this morning from a heart attack,” Patong Rotary reported on its Facebook page this morning (Dec 11).

“Please pay your respect to him today from 6:30pm at Wat Kosit (about 1 km south of Mission Hospital). Please dress in black or rotary shirt,” the notice read.

Mr Kenny, well liked and much loved by many, was a mainstay of many charity projects both on and off the island. He only recently returned from a charity project in Mae Sot, where he oversaw the installation of a clean-water system for an impoverished village.

A key figure in the recovery effort immediately after the tsunami devastated Phuket in 2004, Mr Kenny for years continued his post-tsunami recovery efforts, often taking US Navy volunteers to carry out repair and restoration charity projects for villagers and orphans still living in abject conditions on and off the island.

For his work with the Navy, Mr Kenny in 2010 was awarded the prestigious Sahataya Naval Insignia and Certificate from the Royal Thai Navy at the Royal Thai Navy Convention Hall in Bangkok for his role in 63 Navy Community Relations (“Comrel”) and Handclasp projects.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-expat-icon-brad-kenny-passes-away-55368.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-12-11

I knew Brad from my time at QSI International School. He was always active with his kids' education and with the success of the school. He also spent many hours helping the most challenged families on and off the island.

Condolences to K. Na and his children, Kaylynn, Justin and Sonja.

RIP.

A tragic loss not only for his family but for the Phuket community. Knowing his enthusiasm & energy he put into his family, business & charitable projects I still find it hard to wrap my head around the fact he was struck down so suddenly. RIP Brad you will be sadly missed.

The Grumpy Old Men's Society of Phuket extends deepest condolences to Brad's family.

I am still kind of in shock after hearing about this through Brad's Facebook page. I expected it to be just another another anti-gun or anti-GOP posting. How I wish that were so.

Brad was a true gentleman and had all the positive qualities you could hope to find in a person. He was extremely kind and selfless, honest, knowledgeable, articulate and forgiving. The list goes on.

Such a sad loss. Condolences to the family.