Re entry permit at CNX airport?

ByblosYuNaiSoi

The re-entry desk is inside to the left once you go through the passenger-only portal on the second floor and it's open whenever there are international flights (e.g., when I leave annually on Korean Air at 11:59PM, it's open). Unless you're a passenger leaving, you can't get one (it's not open for use by people walking into the airport).

As to what you need, the same items (TM 8, usual passport copies, and one photo) you need to get a re-entry permit at the regular Immigration office. If you're wondering what passport page copies are needed, review the topic near the top of the Chiangmai forum that deals with re-entry permits.

As to whether you can get one at the old Immigration office near the airport, I don't know (but I doubt it...probably have to go to Promenada).

The old airport Imm. office doesn't do re-entry permits anymore. Only Prom and the International exit area at the airport.

Actually, the re-entry permit service is one of the easiest at Imm. Prom. Almost as easy as filing TM 28/TM 30 reports.

Plus, they have a nice Rim Ping supermarket, Duke's and movie theater at Promenada. Why not make a day of it?

You can download the forms here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Presuming you can use Word, you can download the Word document, hit the "Enable Editing" button, and fill the form out on your computer and then print it out. Immigration will appreciate being able to easily read it.

Edit: I have no idea if the forms are available at the airport desk as I always take the completed forms and photo with me.

Edited by CMBob

I've gotten re-entry permits at CNX a few times. As stated, the office (although it may look deserted) right after the security check, is open whenever there are departing international flights. I've found them to be friendly and efficient there. You do need to have a photo. I've also taken the required copies with me, but they do have a copier and I expect that if they needed another copy they'd help you out. But do leave a bit of time. I've never experienced a queue there, but it does take a few minutes and I doubt there's more than one officer on duty, especially late at night.

You can download the forms here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Presuming you can use Word, you can download the Word document, hit the "Enable Editing" button, and fill the form out on your computer and then print it out. Immigration will appreciate being able to easily read it.

Edit: I have no idea if the forms are available at the airport desk as I always take the completed forms and photo with me.

Thanks for that info, but three different forms have been mentioned. which ones are required for a re-entry permit?

Thanks for that info, but three different forms have been mentioned. which ones are required for a re-entry permit?

That would be the one labeled:

Now, come on. All you need to do is click on the url listed and it'll take you to the Thai Immigration forms. Then you look for the one that mentions Re-Entry Permit.

Now, come on. All you need to do is click on the url listed and it'll take you to the Thai Immigration forms. Then you look for the one that mentions Re-Entry Permit.

What does "click" mean?

Edited by csabo

The old airport Imm. office doesn't do re-entry permits anymore.

There is only one situation where they do re-entry permits and that is the same day you get an annual extension (work/marriage/business). Of course it doesn't apply to the OP's situation, just for future reference.

I don't have Word and I find that there are some formatting issues when I use the free LibreOffice or OpenOffice text editors (Word-like applications). So, I download the pdf file instead and open with Adobe Reader X, which allows you to edit the document by clicking the Sign button and then the Add Text button. Place cursor where you want to enter text on the form, click and type. I find that I have no formatting issues (a one page document fits on one page, for example) when using Adobe.

The Adobe Reader is available for free from: https://get.adobe.com/reader/ I would recommend de-selecting the installation of the McAfee Security Scan Plus utility that will otherwise also be downloaded during step 1 of the installation process. You don't need the McAfee utility in order to use Adobe Reader.

OK now I am good and confused. I have to get an extension (1st time) at Promenada before Dec 28th I am leaving for HK on Jan 10th and returning 12th as I have to be back before 13th to start my 2nd entry. As well as filling out the extension form do I also need a re-entry with the required photo and paperwork ?