PM delighted for success in “Bike for Dad”

Jonathan Fairfield

PM delighted for success in “Bike for Dad”

110-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK:— Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha was delighted to see the "Bike for Dad" ended with happiness of the entire people and appreciated the good cooperation of all of them to make this event impressive, and a history.

In a nationwide TV broadcast this morning, Gen Prayut thanked all the people and government authorities to enable the historic event proceed with success and impression.

He said all participants to the event have given good cooperation and abided by the advice and instruction of authorities that helped to make the event end with success.

Along the 29-kilometre long routes the people laid in wait on roadsides, and at homes watching the event closely to show their respects to the Crown Prince, reflecting the loyalty that they have for the monarchy, he said.

The prime minister said he was delighted and appreciated the cooperation of all sides that helped to make “Bike for Dad” a historic and impressive event.

He said the Thai people joined forces in the event for only one common goal, to express their devotion to the Monarch.

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-12-12

I haven't seen him cycling yesterday, unlike the last time on a similar occasion in august.

is it that mass media boycotted his participation and are due for a reprimand?

or something else is happening behind the closed doors?

Edited by londonthai

The BKK event was very impressive (with people of all ages taking part in the ride). I was there, grudgingly - at my wife's behest, dressed like all the others around me on the footpath, in my "Bike for Dad" shirt and cap (and yellow paper flag).

No matter what one thinks of the junta, yesterday was probably their finest hour, but for the rest of the Thai's, unfortunately it isn't going to get any better!

Silly stuff. Well, I guess the Thai people need to be distracted

from current troubles....

Why silly? If this event encourages people to get out of their cars and do a bit of healthy exercise, if it encourages people who drive to think about sharing the road a bit, if it encourages people to enjoy cycling, then it can't be silly. Brilliant event. Well done Thailand.

IanF said everything that needs to be said, all those PM knockers sod off, he may not be the flavour of the month but to post your stupid anti government rants on this occasion truly tells the rest what a miserable lot you are.

Why the hell couldn't all be happy for the FATHER DAY EVENT, but instead the usual brigade have to bring in their agenda. Not happy until the election happens, and if we get a lousy government again ME THINKS they will be happy.

I would doubt Ginjag that, when freedom has been taken away from people, that any rest should be taken till the former status quo has been restored.

Sorry to tell you that this will be a daily task until success is achieved, so you better get used to it.

I do not support the overthrown govt but I do support the system that put them there.

The majority will never support the general in their hearts which is why he has indefinitely cancelled elections, he is no fool, he knows the real score.

I haven't seen him cycling yesterday, unlike the last time on a similar occasion in august.

He rode right behind the Prince....in the group of 20 or so folks right behind the Prince.

Edited by Pib

He cycled in group with Prince , up front, was just as visible as Prince.

Feel the day was about the King, the Prince & his Princess daughters with Thai population sharing their devotion to the Monarchy chanting "Long live the King".

It was a great day.

I think it is important and a success.....But of course I agree there are more important things.

That is on the priority list somewhere at number 200.

This was a great day of recoginizing the humanitarian contribution to Thai society of His Majesty The King over his lifetime. Wonderful, Long live the King

No problem getting your retirement visa next time around. Or were you just being sarky?

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Posts have been removed.

IanF said everything that needs to be said, all those PM knockers sod off, he may not be the flavour of the month but to post your stupid anti government rants on this occasion truly tells the rest what a miserable lot you are.

Why the hell couldn't all be happy for the FATHER DAY EVENT, but instead the usual brigade have to bring in their agenda. Not happy until the election happens, and if we get a lousy government again ME THINKS they will be happy.

Evidence apologists do not know what democracy is or are purposely trying to misrepresent and slur it: as if democracy wasn't about being able to vote out a "lousy" government, as opposed to the truth that their views do not fit into a world where everyone can have a say who governs them.

These are people who only sometimes will admit they portray some people as being less than a human being capable of taking responsibility for their own destiny, but most of the time as much as they consider the buffalo are not worthy because they are buffalo, they are mostly just showing an anachronistic baser nature anchored by greed and selfishness.

Why silly? If this event encourages people to get out of their cars and do a bit of healthy exercise, if it encourages people who drive to think about sharing the road a bit, if it encourages people to enjoy cycling, then it can't be silly. Brilliant event. Well done Thailand.

oh, so that's what it was about...

OK, cool, ... whistling.gif

oh, so that's what it was about...

OK, cool, ... whistling.gif

guess prayth agenda is somewhere else wink.png