PM delighted for success in “Bike for Dad”

Jonathan Fairfield

IanF said everything that needs to be said, all those PM knockers sod off, he may not be the flavour of the month but to post your stupid anti government rants on this occasion truly tells the rest what a miserable lot you are.

Why the hell couldn't all be happy for the FATHER DAY EVENT, but instead the usual brigade have to bring in their agenda. Not happy until the election happens, and if we get a lousy government again ME THINKS they will be happy.

You should be careful with your donkey truck.......

So that is one success after the lottery prices. Is it too much to ask for some more when it comes to important issues?

Another ' success ' to be added to the list that he'll be presenting to the nation in a couple of weeks.

i wonder how extensive the list will be ? whistling.gif

Silly stuff. Well, I guess the Thai people need to be distracted

from current troubles....

Why silly? If this event encourages people to get out of their cars and do a bit of healthy exercise, if it encourages people who drive to think about sharing the road a bit, if it encourages people to enjoy cycling, then it can't be silly. Brilliant event. Well done Thailand.

oh, so that's what it was about...

OK, cool, ... whistling.gif

it is amazing that some people actually believe it IS about biking! could say more but TVF is in a censoring mood

Why silly? If this event encourages people to get out of their cars and do a bit of healthy exercise, if it encourages people who drive to think about sharing the road a bit, if it encourages people to enjoy cycling, then it can't be silly. Brilliant event. Well done Thailand.

I absolutely agree in the words above. However when that's said lets not forget that the country are under military control.Cycling for father and mother,and better health is a good initiative but I would be wary if the population begin and follow mass gatherings without thinking through what the motiv are.

IanF said everything that needs to be said, all those PM knockers sod off, he may not be the flavour of the month but to post your stupid anti government rants on this occasion truly tells the rest what a miserable lot you are.

Why the hell couldn't all be happy for the FATHER DAY EVENT, but instead the usual brigade have to bring in their agenda. Not happy until the election happens, and if we get a lousy government again ME THINKS they will be happy.

Yep, just like yourself, seize any opportunity to have your two bob's worth. Why the hell couldn't you be happy for the FATHER DAY EVENT instead of your usual grandstanding, always two sides to the coin.

Not the same as posting here but last Friday the BBC told their worldwide audience exactly what it was all about and it wasn't cycling, health or exercise !

Missed that, because I've stopped watching the BBC, and now can't find the report. But I can guess.

I'm still curious if this event was actually 29 kilometers as stated? Did anyone measure it outside of gov or related agencies? I think it is a legitimate question with their history of events that require a measurement of distance.

Yeah, wonder if someone recorded the actual length of the event. Maybe this time they took a few shortcuts smile.png

Why don't you, how shall we say, take your own advice Ginjag. Take your naive belief in a benevolent military junta, contempt for the Thai peoples ability to select their own government and bizarre obsession with imagined "agendas" with you.

I thought it was nice event. Despite farangs whinging, the King is a good man, and his mother spent her last years drilling wells for villages that had no water. He is an accomplished jazz musician, photographer and engineer.

I wish we had someone important who loved us that much in the US.

Silly stuff. Well, I guess the Thai people need to be distracted

from current troubles....

That is for the news media yes....

Back stage, I would stipulate, the agenda is much more to encourage the people to follow the designated leader... (Won't say more..).

Good event yes, agenda starting to be a little bit too obvious though..

I thought it was nice event. Despite farangs whinging, the King is a good man, and his mother spent her last years drilling wells for villages that had no water. He is an accomplished jazz musician, photographer and engineer.

I wish we had someone important who loved us that much in the US.

Agree with you about His Majesty. The rest is your fault. If your ancestors hadn't been a bit miffed with George Third, or if the British generals had been competent, you could still be a loyal subject of a caring monarch. Probably still a useless government though, same as us.