just happened today be careful ..

glassdude007

Local bar been going there since 2008

Always help them with Girlie booze and food

Tonight sopped and had a couple but I cought one of the girls slipping an empty plastic (butpack thingy)

In my poket first thing I thought was a BIB set up...I am sure she has done it before..Told this too the grunter and the manager what the <deleted>.

Alllthey did was laugh at me...I Paid bill will not be back...sad too say

Which bar and where was this ?

Please do NOT name the bar on the open forum.

Thailand has draconian libel / defamation laws. It's a criminal offence here which is why Thaivisa rules prohibit name-and-shame posts.

A post using Thai language has been removed, this is the English language side of the forum. If you would like to post using Thai language, you can do so in the Thai language forum.

Maybe suggest to the OP when he calms down a bit, to re-post in English also, then maybe can understand exactly what he is saying.

A post using Thai language has been removed, this is the English language side of the forum. If you would like to post using Thai language, you can do so in the Thai language forum.

Maybe suggest to the OP when he calms down a bit, to re-post in English also, then maybe can understand exactly what he is saying.

I think the OP had a few under his belt when he posted.

Jiist of the matter was some gal tried to plant something on him, I just can't figure out what that was - "buttpack thingy???"

glassdude come back and let us know exactly what they were planting and also I think you're in Rawai area, without naming and shaming gives a clue as to the establishment. I think fair warning to other punters would be a good thing.

A butt plug???? blink.png

I don't understand.

"plastic but(t) pack" - the OP may have meant a small plastic cigarette butt ashtray. They are known to be used by drug dealers for drug storage / carrying on their person.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=pocket+ashtray+images&biw=1600&bih=750&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj5nfPahtjJAhVDiSwKHTFUDM0QsAQIGQ

A butt plug???? blink.png

I don't understand.

"plastic but(t) pack" - the OP may have meant a small plastic cigarette butt ashtray. They are known to be used by drug dealers for drug storage / carrying on their person.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=pocket+ashtray+images&biw=1600&bih=750&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj5nfPahtjJAhVDiSwKHTFUDM0QsAQIGQ

Thanks, I have never encountered that before. Now smokers carry not only their ciggies and lighter but also their own ashtray!

I thought he meant one of these.

I thought the girl was maybe dropping a hint and he didn't like the direction the interaction was taking.

To those who do not understand what the OP is talking about, it's a very old scam / extortion.

Rather than something taken out of the customer's pocket, something is put into their pocket.

The customer leaves the bar, where a short distance away, are corrupt police officers. They say to the customer, "That bar sells drugs. We are going to search you."

They find the drugs on the customer, but then says, "50,000 baht and it never happened." So, off they go to the ATM. Also, they may not actually be police, just impersonating police.

The bar girl gets her commission later. She may even be the girlfriend or mia noi of the corrupt police officers or imposters.

It's unclear why the container was empty. Maybe she was practicing.

As the easy money dries up on Phuket, which it is, you can expect more scams, extortion and crime here.

Edited by NamKangMan

So a butt plug was slipped into the OP's pocket and he was going to be apprehended by the BiB outside, and presumably accused of being a dangerous pervert??

Nope, I don't understand either.

What's not to understand. Drugs planted on a mark, police waiting, scare the shit out of the mark and demand big bucks. I've even heard about this at gas stations, pump attendant puts a small quantity of drugs inside the petrol flap and just by chance there is a road check just down the road.

To those who do not understand what the OP is talking about, it's a very old scam / extortion.

Rather than something taken out of the customer's pocket, something is put into their pocket.

The customer leaves the bar, where a short distance away, are corrupt police officers. They say to the customer, "That bar sells drugs. We are going to search you."

They find the drugs on the customer, but then says, "50,000 baht and it never happened." So, off they go to the ATM. Also, they may not actually be police, just impersonating police.

The bar girl gets her commission later. She may even be the girlfriend or mia noi of the corrupt police officers or imposters.

As the easy money dries up on Phuket, which it is, you can expect more scams, extortion and crime here.

To be honest, in 15 years never heard or read about this scam.

So a butt plug was slipped into the OP's pocket and he was going to be apprehended by the BiB outside, and presumably accused of being a dangerous pervert??

Nope, I don't understand either.

What's not to understand. Drugs planted on a mark, police waiting, scare the shit out of the mark and demand big bucks. I've even heard about this at gas stations, pump attendant puts a small quantity of drugs inside the petrol flap and just by chance there is a road check just down the road.

But how common are these schemes here in Thailand,in my 20 years here this one of the first times I`ve heard about it ? I know it was quite common in some South American countries before.

To be honest, in 15 years never heard or read about this scam.

Ahhhh, have you heard about "The Jet Ski Scam?" cheesy.gif

Just because you haven't heard or read about it, doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

Google "Scams Thailand" and I'm sure you will read about many scams here that you have "never heard or read about."

Here's just one website of many.

http://travelscams.org/asia/common-tourist-scams-thailand/

Remember The King Power Scam in Bangkok Airport? It's slightly similar.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8154497.stm