Siam Paragon tops Facebook globally

rooster59

Siam Paragon tops Facebook globally

BANGKOK: Siam Paragon shopping mall has been one of the top ten places around the world that were most talked about by Facebook users in 2015, Facebook has announced.

The shopping mall was the sixth most talk-about pace after Disney Properties, Universal Studios Properties, Time Sq, NY, Eiffel Tower, Paris and Niagara Falls, which came first, second, third, fourth, and fifth respectively.

Siam Paragon, a luxury shopping and multi-function complex in the heart of Bangkok, even beat Grand Canyon, Yosemite National Parks, The Louvre, Paris, Central Park, NY that came seventh, eighth, ninth and tenth respectively.

Siam Paragon is already one of the most post-places on Instagram for the past few years.

More than 250,000 people visit Siam Paragon daily, said Chadatip Chutrakul, CEO of the complex, which last week celebrated its 10th anniversary.

"It’s a good image for Thailand and that we are second to none. We will continue to innovate," she said.

Top 10 most talk-about places on Facebook 2015

Disney Properties

Universal Studios Properties

Time Sq, NY

Eiffel Tower, Paris

Niagara Falls

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Siam-Paragon-tops-Facebook-globally-30274815.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-13

I have always been very fond of Siam Paragon. It is a really fun place to hang out on a really hot day. See a good movie, in an excellent cinema, bowl a game or two, in an blowing alley that blows away anything in the US, browse a world class book store, eat some lovely food downstairs, shop at an amazing grocery store. And do some very entertaining bird watching. That place attracts some exceptional birds. All in a good days fun. And besides, the alternatives on the list?

Disney Properties - why on earth would I visit one of those properties voluntarily? Maybe for a few thousand dollars in cash. Maybe.

Universal Studios Properties - same as the above applies.

Time Sq, NY- not a bad spot. Arguably one of the worlds greatest cities. I love New York certainly applies here.

Eiffel Tower, Paris - another great city. Especially the art, and the wine.

Niagara Falls- never been. Don't feel much compulsion. Not even on my wish list.

So, that leaves us back to the delightful Siam. And I am not a mall person. But somehow I really like the great malls in Thailand. They have an entirely different flavor. Thats it. Flavor. The malls in the US have no flavor. No color. No personality. Dullsville. And horrendous food. The malls here are fun. When you combine good food at a good value, with amazing birds, that is the kind of combination that keeps me entertained on a hot afternoon!

I have always been very fond of Siam Paragon. It is a really fun place to hang out on a really hot day. See a good movie, in an excellent cinema, bowl a game or two, in an blowing alley that blows away anything in the US, browse a world class book store, eat some lovely food downstairs, shop at an amazing grocery store. And do some very entertaining bird watching. That place attracts some exceptional birds. All in a good days fun. And besides, the alternatives on the list?

Disney Properties - why on earth would I visit one of those properties voluntarily? Maybe for a few thousand dollars in cash. Maybe.

Time Sq, NY- not a bad spot. Arguably one of the worlds greatest cities. I love New York certainly applies here.

Niagara Falls- never been. Don't feel much compulsion. Not even on my wish list.

So, that leaves us back to the delightful Siam. And I am not a mall person. But somehow I really like the great malls in Thailand. They have an entirely different flavor. Thats it. Flavor. The malls in the US have no flavor. No color. No personality. Dullsville. And horrendous food. The malls here are fun. When you combine good food at a good value, with amazing birds, that is the kind of combination that keeps me entertained on a hot afternoon!

"...in an blowing alley....."

In Pattaya the blowing alley is located in Soi 6:)

Edited by MZurf

Yes, and some of us actually have a real life.

cheesy.gif

"...in an blowing alley....."

In Pattaya the blowing alley is located in Soi 6:)

That is a pretty funny typo. A blowing alley that blows away any in the US. How appropo. Leave it to you to pick it up! LOL.

Yes, and some of us actually have a real life.

cheesy.gif

Well granted, I do not spend my life in Siam Paragon. But, when I am visiting Bangkok, and it is a very hot afternoon, it seems like a delightful spot to spend a few hours. But, it is quite subjective. As I said, I usually do not like malls, but the better ones here in the LOS tend to be quite amazing, from my limited point of view!

I don't wait anymore for people making pictures in Paragon. Get so tired of that.

We even don't go there anymore, EMquartier is much better.

The Embassy Mall must be losing money hand over fist. Aside from the bread/pastry shop, which does a good trade, every other shop in there is empty. Empty as in fewer than 20 people in the whole mall no matter what time of day.

Excuse me but second to none you mean Thailand would be second to none or minus 1 to none? I'm confused.

Perhaps they are referring to being second to none when it comes to running its economy into the ground?

Thailand’s ruling military junta is proving to be as clueless about economic policy as it is disdainful for the rights of civil society. In May 2014, General Prayut Chan-o-cha seized power from the democratically elected government of Yingluck Shinawatra, promising to bring Thailand back to prosperity. Yet he and the ruling junta have shown themselves to be completely outmatched by the challenge to reverse Thailand’s economic decline.

Oh sure.......everyone talks about Paragon.......who paid for this useless report..............!

It follows Niagara Falls and Paris?...........c'mon....get real...........IMO 99.999% of people globally, would'nt give a fig and wouldn't know, about any shopping mall in BKK!

Disney Properties, Universal Studios Properties

What exactly do they mean by that? Sounds like all Disney and Universal Studio locations put together, which isn't really fair to other single locations. Otherwise it would say Disneyland, CA or Disneyworld, FL instead.