Mince Pies

DD13

I got mince pies around this time last year in Villa. This year I've gone upmarket and bought some Walkers Ecclefechan tarts from Central Food Hall. Not cheap at over 200 Baht for a box of four small tarts, but very nice for a change and it's only once a year.

https://www.walkersshortbread.com/uk/cakes-tarts/ecclefechantarts/

Tolsti - London Pie (located in the ex WWGM shop on Chaiyapruk 2 half-way between Suk and the railway on the south/righthand side, has home made ones which are simply delicious. My 2 packs (8 pies) fresh from the oven (he makes every day up to 24th Dec.) went within a few hours and appreciated by all. A gem indeed.

Tolsti - London Pie (located in the ex WWGM shop on Chaiyapruk 2 half-way between Suk and the railway on the south/righthand side, has home made ones which are simply delicious. My 2 packs (8 pies) fresh from the oven (he makes every day up to 24th Dec.) went within a few hours and appreciated by all. A gem indeed.

Thought as much.... thanks.. will give my staff a treat.

Thought as much.... thanks.. will give my staff a treat.

Great news........I will give myself a treat as well......

Thanks prk888.........and everyone who responded

I bought some Walker's mince pies in villa at the Avenue shopping centre.

But if you think Christmas puddings are expensive then maybe the price of these will put you off also.

I just figure it's only once a year so to hell with itsmile.png

post-149848-0-17620800-1450103153_thumb.

Edited by Asiantravel

Got the last packet in London Pie shop about 30 mins ago, 160 baht for four pies? Will do a taste test tomorrow with our morning tea!

Got stopped going down and coming back by police checkpoint on the Chaipuk railway junction, they checked my Thai licence and the tax disc! They appeared to be stopping every vehicle!

Today I was planning to ask the Farang baker Big C Klang if he planned to make mince pies

I popped in there at 16.30 ......low and behold there they were

59Baht each.....ok sounds pricey but a muffin in the coffee shops is that price

Just ate one .......delicious......I knew it would be just by looking at it

That guy is a master baker........good on him

Edited by DD13

Today I was planning to ask the Farang baker Big C Klang if he planned to make mince pies

I also bought some mince Pies from Big C extra yesterday, personally i found them bit dry & not that nice. I do my shopping in there so have no issues with anything else in there, Farang bakers in there are French guys

I also bought some mince Pies from Big C extra yesterday, personally i found them bit dry & not that nice. I do my shopping in there so have no issues with anything else in there, Farang bakers in there are French guys

Yes they were drier than what we get in the UK.......maybe a French speaker could have a word in his ear

Apart from that.....I was very pleased to experience a long forgotten taste