• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Voted for you. smile.png

attachicon.gifCapture3.JPG

Speaking of the other list that you have to vote in: What happened to UlyssesG ? Saw him in the list but then realized I haven't seen any posts from him in a while.

He moved back to America a couple of weeks ago

Hope we is OK. He was the first foreigner I met here. A really nice guy though I am on the oposite side of politics to him. Thanks for telling us.

ww.youtube.com/watch?v=-1pMMIe4hb4

Gawd - one of my favourite songs. I can very clearly remember going into school the next day and saying 'Did you see Top Of The Pops last night with that amazing crazy woman' and EVERYBODY was talking about it. I want it word for word out of the book.

(A couple of years ago we were in Vietnam and I'm of the habit to leave doors and windows open to get a good breeze as air conditioning makes Mr K poorly. I was sitting on the bed,which faced the door, leaning back on the pillows, browsing something on the laptop, earphones in and Wuthering Heights on at full blast. I realised I was singing along with it - probably very, very loudly as the song was - and said 'Oops' out loud and giggled then, with my concentration gone as to whatever I was looked at, I did a couple of the Kate Bush arm movements as I looked away from the computer and there, directly in front of me, were 2 room maids, a maintenance guy and some other random person gawping at me like I was an alien. I stopped dead, with one arm up in the air and the other out to the side of me, and just slowly pulled them down and gave them a sweet smile and said hello as though I hadn't done anything. The whole staff game me very odd looks for the rest of our stay. I suppose it's good that I laugh rather than get all embarrassed. I've done much worse and just turned around as though my dignity is in tact (when really I'm dying inside) and do my facepalm when the witnesses are out of sight.)

Gawd - one of my favourite songs. I can very clearly remember going into school the next day and saying 'Did you see Top Of The Pops last night with that amazing crazy woman' and EVERYBODY was talking about it. I want it word for word out of the book.

(A couple of years ago we were in Vietnam and I'm of the habit to leave doors and windows open to get a good breeze as air conditioning makes Mr K poorly. I was sitting on the bed,which faced the door, leaning back on the pillows, browsing something on the laptop, earphones in and Wuthering Heights on at full blast. I realised I was singing along with it - probably very, very loudly as the song was - and said 'Oops' out loud and giggled then, with my concentration gone as to whatever I was looked at, I did a couple of the Kate Bush arm movements as I looked away from the computer and there, directly in front of me, were 2 room maids, a maintenance guy and some other random person gawping at me like I was an alien. I stopped dead, with one arm up in the air and the other out to the side of me, and just slowly pulled them down and gave them a sweet smile and said hello as though I hadn't done anything. The whole staff game me very odd looks for the rest of our stay. I suppose it's good that I laugh rather than get all embarrassed. I've done much worse and just turned around as though my dignity is in tact (when really I'm dying inside) and do my facepalm when the witnesses are out of sight.)

'May she wake in torment!' he cried, with frightful vehemence, stamping his foot, and groaning in a sudden paroxysm of ungovernable passion. 'Why, she's a liar to the end! Where is she? Not there—not in heaven—not perished—where? Oh! you said you cared nothing for my sufferings! And I pray one prayer—I repeat it till my tongue stiffens—Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living; you said I killed you—haunt me, then! The murdered do haunt their murderers, I believe. I know that ghosts have wandered on earth. Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!'

WOW!!

'May she wake in torment!' he cried, with frightful vehemence, stamping his foot, and groaning in a sudden paroxysm of ungovernable passion. 'Why, she's a liar to the end! Where is she? Not there—not in heaven—not perished—where? Oh! you said you cared nothing for my sufferings! And I pray one prayer—I repeat it till my tongue stiffens—Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living; you said I killed you—haunt me, then! The murdered do haunt their murderers, I believe. I know that ghosts have wandered on earth. Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!'

WOW!!

Ah, www.pagebypagebooks.com/Emily_Bronte/.../Chapter_XVI_p2.html Sprung, young lad.

Tell yer what though - thi din't av owt lark that t' mek it easy to research when I wer a lass, we did it the rate way on wi books an slide rules a non o' yer fancy stuff, int that rate duck?

WOW!!

Ah, www.pagebypagebooks.com/Emily_Bronte/.../Chapter_XVI_p2.html Sprung, young lad.

Tell yer what though - thi din't av owt lark that t' mek it easy to research when I wer a lass, we did it the rate way on wi books an slide rules a non o' yer fancy stuff, int that rate duck?

That's how they talk now....innit?

Voted for Nancy, the one and only. We all know she's been working hard and long helping us long timers here. I don't see any of the others working as hard, except for the mods. Nancy, keep up the excellent work and support of us old farts.

I thought candidates here have to offer some financial or other incentive.

I think 3 "likes" is a fair deal.

Surely the TVF Electoral Commission should be investigating this shonky practice.

Then again, Lanna has a long history of vote buying at its disgraceful worst.

Many years ago, a politician in Chiang Mai handed out left shoes to every constituent in his electorate, with the promise of the matching right shoe if he was elected in......and he was.

Hmmmm.....maybe that's where the term 'shoe-in' originates.

That's a great story, but seeing that video now for the first time has probably ruined that song (which was a favorite) for me forever. She looks like someone off the meds.

Looks like you are neck in neck with transam (the die-hard defender of the accused Koh Tao defendants). You got my vote. I don't know what that other poll is but uptheos is in the lead. He got my vote too.

I don't know what the other poll is either, but thank you elektrified.

In the lead and I never even knew or canvassed a vote from anyone and I never would. biggrin.png

You will not campaign and that is why you are in there. Your Humility. Just a constant source of good information with out looking for a reward.

Thank you very much NJ.

Seems like alot of us on the list are from CM....

Anyone count up how many?

I post a bit but not enough to place where everybody is from & was surprised to be listed.....

99% of posters don't even know about this but now we do. I see it's just another posters idea not an official TVF thing but if they really want to do it they should make it much more widely known as I never visit the 'pub' thread. But I see it means alot to some so good luck with it.

I just looked at the ThaiVisa Forum homepage:

6475 users are online (in the past 60 minutes)

(and this is just in the past hour...what is the total number?)

And someone is winning with 25 votes?

Looks like someone is playing a joke with someone. . . .

Well TVF has 160,000 members so it will be interesting to see how many vote but I suspect very few know about this private poll and glancing down the list I see none of the bigger posters on there. Anyone know how many votes the winner got last year? harmless enough and if some think it's important to get the recognition then why not?

What's the prize?

I thought the gilded certificate might look good when I submit the documents for my retirement extension at Immigration Promenada in early January.

I was hoping it would be financial, a purse of gold or two, in which case I might have been tempted to start being a bit more agreeable.

That's a great story, but seeing that video now for the first time has probably ruined that song (which was a favorite) for me forever. She looks like someone off the meds.

She was being expressively dramatic in a way that only a 17 year old could be thumbsup.gif

How northernjohn did not warrant a nomination is beyond me, 6537 posts since 3/8/2013 is an imposing record on top of his previous

productivity as hello dolly where he managed to accumulate a similar number of daily posts....total devotion.

How northernjohn did not warrant a nomination is beyond me, 6537 posts since 3/8/2013 is an imposing record on top of his previous

productivity as hello dolly where he managed to accumulate a similar number of daily posts....total devotion.

If I didn't know better, I would have said there must be a quality factor involved (but looking at the list of nominees, it's apparent that's not the case.)

However, it simply boils down to this: someone had to actually value the member's contributions highly enough to nominate him or her.

yes he is getting better at it now,with all that trying,55555