Shameless Campaigning for your Vote

NancyL

I just looked at the ThaiVisa Forum homepage:

6475 users are online (in the past 60 minutes)

(and this is just in the past hour...what is the total number?)

And someone is winning with 25 votes?

Looks like someone is playing a joke with someone. . . .

Remember, this is just the "primary" or preliminary contest to narrow the field down.

As I said, if elected, I'll work to ensure a more transparent nomination process next year so we have adequate notice and can nominate our favorites. 2016 will be NorthernJohn's year, I'm sure.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why not just hold your own poll right here for those who don't venture much outside the Chiang Mai forum. Chiang Mai poster of the year. CMPOTY. It's catchy.

Is this just a ploy to keep us ignorant peasants isolated on the farm and not participating in the full democracy of TV?

Why not just hold your own poll right here for those who don't venture much outside the Chiang Mai forum. Chiang Mai poster of the year. CMPOTY. It's catchy.

That is a much better idea actually as most of us don't venture onto the 'pub' forum and that's why votes are in single digits mostly with the 'leader' only on 30 out of 160,000. It's all fun but much more relevant to have it Chiang Mai only, or BKK only or 'News' only as many of us only lurk around a few places. I only learn't about the poll from Nancy on here and most of the bigger names are not on the list and I have only heard of about 3 in total.

Is this just a ploy to keep us ignorant peasants isolated on the farm and not participating in the full democracy of TV?

Not at all. But should the overall poster of the year for the whole forum really be someone who only posts in one corner?

Not at all. But should the overall poster of the year for the whole forum really be someone who only posts in one corner?

Seriously, does anyone really care? It's a bit of fun that someone posts in another forum, nothing more. I doubt if there is anything stopping you starting your own 'poster of the year' in whatever group you choose. There are no prizes, no certificates, no badges, and not even a Crackerjack pencil, as far as I can see, so count me out!

Seriously, does anyone really care? It's a bit of fun that someone posts in another forum, nothing more. I doubt if there is anything stopping you starting your own 'poster of the year' in whatever group you choose. There are no prizes, no certificates, no badges, and not even a Crackerjack pencil, as far as I can see, so count me out!

I heard cheering when you mentioned crackerjack................there it goes again.biggrin.png

Piping in here.

The schedule has now been set for the entire POTY contest.

The DEADLINE for the current phase (narrowing the field down to a TOP 20) is

Thursday, 17 December at midnight, Thailand time

It's looking very good for the esteemed NancyL to make that cut. But it ain't over till it's over.

Then from there, it's on to the SEMIFINALS (from 20 to 5) and then the GRAND FINALE (picking the winner from the 5).

Happy voting.

Edited by Jingthing

Piping in here.

It's looking very good for the esteemed NancyL to make that cut. But it ain't over till it's over.

Then from there, it's on to the SEMIFINALS (from 20 to 5) and then the GRAND FINALE (picking the winner from the 5).

Happy voting.

nvm

Edited by LannaGuy

Piping in here.

Happy voting.

I don't know if I have the stamina for this.

How does Hillary do it? Go thru a primary race that lasts for something like 6 years, criss-crossing the country, trying to be nice and patient to everyone, laying off the chocolate cake and wine so she doesn't blimp out too much. Sign. Thank god, people won't be looking at me in close-ups on huge flat-screen TVs!

Why should anyone want to be 'poster of the year' ??? Smacks of elitism to me - one reason why I got sick of my home country - but what do I know!

The crown is a really great diamond tiara. It's looked great on this year's winner -- Jingthing.

post-68373-0-39166700-1450249360_thumb.j

Right, here's the deal, Nancy - I'll vote for you provided you let me borrow it once or twice....your call!

No problem.

If I win, I think I'll retire the "Bear Tiara" and let JT keep it in Pattaya -- works well with the rest of his Village People costumes.

Right, here's the deal, Nancy - I'll vote for you provided you let me borrow it once or twice....your call!

No problem.

If I win, I think I'll retire the "Bear Tiara" and let JT keep it in Pattaya -- works well with the rest of his Village People costumes.

It's not really me.

I wish!